Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 14th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Tell me more about Kill Team. My friend was huge into 40k.
Are the minis expensive? What would be the entry cost?
Old January 14th, 2019, 03:55 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Depends on what faction you want to run. $50-60 can get you a lot of options for many factions. Grey Knights are good and pretty easy to build. You only need one box at $60 and you get 10 guys you can kit with different weapon options, so you can change your squad depending on the objectives.
You will only ever use 5-6 figures in a Grey Knights build. You should download the free Kill Team Manager app. It allows you to see the weapons options for all of the factions without needing the rulebook.

Edit: Forgot to mention 100 point teams without Commanders is the standard. Commanders would bump it to 200, but you probably won't be using commander builds for a while mainly because it least locally there are some issues with balance. They have been good about updating problems via errata so far.
Old January 14th, 2019, 05:17 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks G-O!
Old January 15th, 2019, 10:25 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
If your friend is no longer huge into 40k and has any random weapons bits laying around he can send them my way.

I've been diving into Gaslands lately with my son. He stumbled upon a YouTube video over Christmas break and decided he loved it. We've played a few times but he really enjoys modding up and painting some Hot Wheels. Most people use leftover bits from 40k it seems but Heroscape is the only miniature game we've played.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 15th, 2019, 10:49 AM

I do not think he has anything as it has been like 20 years since he played.
I ended up with a bunch of miscellaneous minis. There may be some bits floating around.
You should be able to print whatever you need soon, hopefully.
Old January 15th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
If your friend is no longer huge into 40k and has any random weapons bits laying around he can send them my way.

I've been diving into Gaslands lately with my son. He stumbled upon a YouTube video over Christmas break and decided he loved it. We've played a few times but he really enjoys modding up and painting some Hot Wheels. Most people use leftover bits from 40k it seems but Heroscape is the only miniature game we've played.
I've cut up bits of plastic and mdf (from terrain kits) sprues to make some add-ons to some of the cars I have yet to paint. But I will at some point have to order a a couple weapon sprues from somewhere. Maybe b there are some available for 40k, or Bolt Action or somewhere else. I may check out Etsy, as there was a vendor from there from whom I got my dice, tokens and templates.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

My local shop that sold WH40K had a bits box of loose parts you could pick stuff out of and buy for a few cents each. Might be worth asking at any of your local shops to see if they do the same thing. The shop owners generally have lots of opened stuff laying around for a variety of reasons.
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I ended up with a bunch of miscellaneous minis. There may be some bits floating around.
IF I ever get my printer...supposedly when my wife ordered it back early December it was in stock in the US based warehouse...Just this morning she got an email saying it should be in the warehouse in 1-2 more weeks and they will "express" ship it to me and it would be 8 days after that...I'm about ready to cancel my order. They offered me a whole $5 off of filament...even though their filament is about $10 more expensive than anywhere else...RRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
My local shop that sold WH40K had a bits box of loose parts you could pick stuff out of and buy for a few cents each. Might be worth asking at any of your local shops to see if they do the same thing. The shop owners generally have lots of opened stuff laying around for a variety of reasons.
Oh, that's a great idea. I need to look into that. Thanks.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
IF I ever get my printer...supposedly when my wife ordered it back early December it was in stock in the US based warehouse...Just this morning she got an email saying it should be in the warehouse in 1-2 more weeks and they will "express" ship it to me and it would be 8 days after that...I'm about ready to cancel my order. They offered me a whole $5 off of filament...even though their filament is about $10 more expensive than anywhere else...RRRRRRR

Quote:
Oh, that's a great idea. I need to look into that. Thanks.

I just ordered a couple sets of weapons off of Etsy. $9.88 with shipping.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6602400...search_click=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6716952...search_click=1

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I have only two scenarios left to go of the 22 new ones that came with The Great War Expansion #2: The French Army. I'm posting a long series of commentary/session reports on BGG for them. Mostly I've been solitairing them, but three or four pals have joined me in a game or two over the last few weeks. Choosing the new Special Personnel Figures at the start of each scenario is a new and interesting aspect of the game, and the French Heavy Tanks are fun too, being slightly different than the British ones introduced earlier. The more famous light Renault tanks are supposedly going to be introduced with the American Army expansion, one of several in planning stages; the next will be battles of the early war in 1914, using the green side of the board.

A pal lent me his new Kami Sama and I'm having fun with it. Its by the fairly new small company Kolossal, who is also making my huge Kickstarter Mezo for next Sept., in the class of Rising Sun huge mini area control games.

My other upcoming giant Kickstarter is Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare, due in March. PSC is trying to get it shipped out later this month before the great Chinese New Year Production Slow Down, which happens all February every year! Its Command & Colors in space!!! Richard Borg did such a great job with Battle Lore, the Fantasy/Medieval version of the game series, that I'm expecting great things. You can see my early prepublication commentary, thanks to the rules being available early, here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...rly-commentary

Coming up I'll be going over the rules for Three Kingdoms Redux, possibly the greatest three player only game ever designed. At the time I got it last year it was not available on this side of the ocean; but now has a US distributor. So I've only played it once after one solitaire. Its a truly amazing Asian design from Singapore, and if you love the classic Chinese novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms as I do, that's a plus too.

Last edited by chas; January 16th, 2019 at 04:40 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2019, 06:36 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Recent Saturday Plays:

3 Player game of Rising Sun. My 23rd or so play.

Finished all 22 new scenarios from The Great War: Expansion #2 The French Army, mostly solitaire, and on many other days of the week. Included the new Special Personnel Figures and French Heavy Tanks. Completed many session reports and four strategy articles on boardgamegeek!

Held our very first 5 Player game of Star Trek Ascendancy (see previous post).

MLK Three Day Weekend Of Gaming:

Saturday: Three Kingdoms Redux
First for a couple of years; one new player and still a great game! Hope to play it again soon.

Sunday: Samurai Battles x2
Also first time in a couple of years, taught a new player; great fun.

Monday: Tricorne: American Revolution x2
Played one of the first scenarios from the Core Game Bunker Hill and one of the last from the expansion Gloucester Raid. Initiated a new player into the mysteries, and had a fine day of gaming!

Coming Up This Week:

Wednesday: Dinosaur Island:
A first play of this new game at a pal's workplace conference room.

Saturday: Memoir 44 Overlord x2: recent Through Jungle and Desert expansion with the new terrain card second decks. British vs
Germans in North Africa and US Marines vs Imperial Japanese on Guadalcanal. Our monthly Overlord group continues on all WWII fronts.

Its always fun to get great old games back to the table, and try new ones! Everyone agrees that the hobby is so over saturated with new titles now that you can't keep up. Some Kickstarters can't make it now for this reason; which is too bad. Who ever thought we'd complain of too many games?
Old January 22nd, 2019, 07:20 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Missed this conversation - I don't actually play 40k myself, but I've played the first two Dawn of War games and loved them both (we pretend the third doesn't exist), know and love my world, own copies of Space Hulk and Lost Patrol and my brother used to play before I was born and so I have started converting some of the factions into Superscape customs. It's actually been an enjoyable project, if a bit on the costly side. (Anyone looking to get any Games Workshop minis - scour eBay. GW's retail prices are insane, but you can get some decent deals if you browse from time to time.) Presently I've got sizeable factions for Chaos and the Blood Angels (they're the Chapter my brother used to play ) as well as an Ork faction (the one I started with, but its roster's looking a bit puny next to the Blood Angels and Chaos now - will need to think how to expand it) as well as a presently standalone Genestealer squad (that I still need to paint - won't be standalone once I get to the Tyranid faction, but that may be a while).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games