Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 10th, 2010, 09:06 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Uses for the Glyph of Brandar

I tend to use them as teleporters or flags.

I've been thinking of a way to use them as king of the hill. Maybe something like:
For each turn, if only figures controlled by you are adjacent to or on the glyph of Brandar, you gain 5 points. A map with like 5 of the glyphs with a point goal of 100.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:53 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

I can think of two interesting things I have done with Brandar glyphs. the first one isn't really a "scenario" for the glyph, but you might find it helpful.

1) I have three brandars that hardly ever get used, so I made a color photocopy of my move +2 glyph(most commonly used in my maps), cut it out, and glued it onto the back of my brandar. Now I have 2 move +2 glyphs!

2)Sometimes I like to use the Brandar as a "statue". The statue has powers just like any other glyph, but the statue has an aura, like Raelin.
You can't put a figure on the glyph. Only figures within the aura recieve the bonus/power. For example, If it is a Thorian Statue, any figures adjacent to the statue may not be targeted by a normal ranged attacks.

Well, I hope those helped!

~WB68
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:10 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

I use them usually as elevators when I run out of ladders for my castles. I've also used them as teleporters. I built two maps (one with RoTV and one SoTM). Everyone started on the RoTV map. Heroes with 1 wound or more could teleport to the other map. That map had special water that removed all wounds. Squads could also teleport there and have members returned to them. However, once on the SoTM map, the units couldn't transport back. The game was over when all units were destroyed on both maps.
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:18 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My most recent use for my 5 Brandar glyph is as custom "upgrade" glyphs, one for each of the five custom classes in the campaign I'm working on. Each glyph would give that type of character a certain new ability(i.e: the Rogue glyph gave the user basically Defensive Agility against all adjacent attacks).

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:34 PM

Tagawa Woo who?

I use mine like the Treasure Glyph Brandar's Chest. You pick it up, take it somewhere, and trade it in for a random treasure glyph.

Discretion is the better part of valor.
~ William Shakespeare

Last edited by Tagawa; July 30th, 2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: forgot a comma
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I use them as "duds" while I'm playing with face-down random glyphs.

Another use is to have have a map with uncapped castle walls and when something steps onto the glyph remove the walls from the game. It's a very fun thing to do.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 31st, 2010, 04:39 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I use them as "duds" while I'm playing with face-down random glyphs.

Another use is to have have a map with uncapped castle walls and when something steps onto the glyph remove the walls from the game. It's a very fun thing to do.
Wow, I do both those things all the time! But we also use them as meteor strikes. If you get a brandar glyph, any character of your choice within 10 spaces gets attacked by a 10 dice attack, and then the glyph is used up. Maybe a little unorthadox, but it works for us.

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old July 31st, 2010, 05:53 PM

switzerlandoftheclarinets knows what's in an order marker switzerlandoftheclarinets knows what's in an order marker

My friend,mono loco, and I use them as resurrection glyphs.

switzerlandoftheclarinets is a pregnant Empress Kiova
...in the LIBRARY...

Old July 31st, 2010, 05:56 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I use brandars for DnD matches (please don't be offended I love DnD, but much prefer classic) to make different things happen to people (I'm usually narrator). Ex; My brother was playing Isamu and a few other heroes. So I place a brandar face down out of nowhere. Isamu took the bait and stepped on it. He was immediately incarcerated in a three piece cave wall section. I had a good laugh and about ten turns later gave him back. Ahhh good times.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:44 AM

nyra90 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I use my brandars as thematic coasters, just put 3 three together and poof. Although it can be a nuisance to move and re-setup.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:50 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyra90 View Post
I use my brandars as thematic coasters, just put 3 three together and poof. Although it can be a nuisance to move and re-setup.
Ha ha ha ha ha. Nice! Creativity strikes again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion