Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 21st, 2007, 11:59 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Concan the Kyrie Warrior

The Book of Concan the Kyrie Warrior
Jandar's Oath - Collection 3 - Heroes of Nostralund

[
Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Concan the 'Knight Protector' is a valiant hero dedicated to Jandar. The powerful Kyrie is best known for his dedication to the Knights and Sentinels in his care. This protection is an aura that radiates from his Great sword and benefits all friendly Knights and Sentinels within his range. Although valiant, Concan is also stubborn and was slow to choose sides in this great struggle. When the war in Valhalla began, both sides courted Concan. It was his friendship with Raelin that finally convinced the Kyrie to join Jandar. He has been a loyal warrior in Jandar's cause ever since. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT
All friendly Knights and Sentinels adjacent to Concan roll an additional attack die and an additional defense die.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Concan's movement, ignore elevations. Concan may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Concan starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- N/A

Synergy Benefits Received
--ATLAGA - Kyrie Leadership - As a Kyrie, Concan the Kyrie Warrior adds one to his Move due to Kyrie Leadership.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT : Knight and Sentinel Units
* Knights of Weston
* Sentinels of Jandar
* Sir Dupuis
* Templar Cavalry
* Phantom Knights
- 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus
* Having a Valiant personality, Concan the Kyrie Warrior may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
*NOTE: See The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line for proper application.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Concan the Kyrie Warrior- Though no bonding or easy synergies, Concan is a low-cost option for a decent beat stick, especially for a Valiant army. B

OEAO: B+

Cleon: Tier 6 (102/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B

Master Index
TBA

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Concan the Kyrie Warrior

Last edited by superfrog; March 6th, 2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:17 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Something that recently occured to me about Concan and several similar figures. Concan really shines in team games as opposed to the standard 1v1 battle. His aura is fairly useless and difficult to set up in normal circumstances, but with one player controlling the Knights/Sentinels and the other controlling Concan, you can make effective, coordinated strikes.

Concan is also a figure who really loves castles. He's far sturdier than most Flyers, with 5 life and 4 defense, and his 5 move, 4 attack makes him far more flexible when attacking targets. Hopping from high point to high point and striking with the time is right is the way to really get the most out of this guy. Treat him like a vulture. Check out my Northern Checkpoint map if you want to see a place where Concan shines. After one game in which he took out over 330 points on his own, which lead to a ban on the character for about a month.

I absolutely love this guy, but he's got more than his share of faults. He's a middle of the road, medium hero, with no bonding and an adjacent melee bonuses (a terrible sin in 1v1) and that one attack per turn problem that loses out to squads far too easily. He's really not your best choice in competetive play but he's still worth every single point on his card.
Old May 21st, 2007, 07:02 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The coolest-looking Kyrie Warrior with nice stats and even nicer price! Another reason Jandar's Oath is da absolute bomb.

I have not been all that successful with Concan in games. I need to use him more often (drafted only a handful of times).

He's got both types of auras going, but lacks the bonding of Finn & Thorgrim.

Some situations for Concan:
* Fly him out first, then a Viking brother and squad of KoW. (or vice versa).
Stack those adjacent auras to keep the slow-moving knights surviving as long as possible. Enlist Gilbert (as opposed to Finn) with another squad of Weston-ers and possibly even push those second wave laggers up to benefit from this Kyrie Warrior.
Raelin's sure to follow even if the unique cards start to pile up in your army.
Crazy defensive options!

* Use him as a defensive-position booster with the Sentinels and 4th Mass

* With the KoW, create the ultimate Hero lockdown.
The knights nearly Cyber Claw any large life hero because of Coward's Reward and in return Concan and the Weston knight deal out the serious head stoving.

Hmmmm, wonder if Chimpy's done a 'Base and Army' around Concan yet?
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:14 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
I think he'd be great in the right situation. Give him a bunch of knights and sentinels and Sir Gilbert and with the right positioning I think he could help inflict some serious damage especially against the heavy hitters such as Krug, Charos, Jotun, etc. And as Hex mentioned with cowards reward, your'e enemy is more or less locked down in engagement. The 2 main problems with this army is lack of range, but with Gilbert's help movement shouldn't be to much of an issue and lack of Special attack against Nakitas, Ninjas, Drake, etc.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:04 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Concan is also a figure who really loves castles.
So true. I've had a lot of fun with this guy in castle situations.
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:05 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
I think he'd be great in the right situation. Give him a bunch of knights and sentinels and Sir Gilbert and with the right positioning I think he could help inflict some serious damage especially against the heavy hitters such as Krug, Charos, Jotun, etc. And as Hex mentioned with cowards reward, your'e enemy is more or less locked down in engagement. The 2 main problems with this army is lack of range, but with Gilbert's help movement shouldn't be to much of an issue and lack of Special attack against Nakitas, Ninjas, Drake, etc.
I agree with you, Matthias. But Gilberts Jandars' Dispatch Ability is not always reliable and could slow a game down.
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Something that recently occured to me about Concan and several similar figures. Concan really shines in team games as opposed to the standard 1v1 battle. His aura is fairly useless and difficult to set up in normal circumstances, but with one player controlling the Knights/Sentinels and the other controlling Concan, you can make effective, coordinated strikes.
This is exactly what my partner and I did at the Dallas Team Tournament. My partner had Sentinels and Knights, I had Concan and 4th Mass. We didn't win, but we finished in the top third and it was both of ours very first team games (not first tournament, first games!). Whatever success we had, Concan gets part of the credit.

Specifically the army was:
(A) Sentinels + 2 x Knights (250 pts);
(B) Concan + 3 x 4th Mass (290 pts):
total 540 points of a 550 limit.
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:56 AM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
<Snip>
<Snip again>

Specifically the army was:
(A) Sentinels + 2 x Knights (250 pts);
(B) Concan + 3 x 4th Mass (290 pts):
total 540 points of a 550 limit.
Though I really have no right to critique your army, I think one change you might have made was to drop a squad of the 4th for finn (or thorogrim). With the commons like that, you would get a human champion and could advanve the knights around finn for 4/4 stats.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:01 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Concan the Kyrie Warrior

I have had moderate success using Concan as a stand alone melee hero. He can be used to counter one of your opponents' bonding melee heroes. You just have to not get trapped by the "if he doesn't bond, he's a wasted turn" mentality. He has staying power and he lays down a good 5 attack dice pretty often due to superior position-ability. He's very tactical.

I'm posting this because after rereading the thread I'm feeling anxious to use him again.
Old December 20th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With the slower releases of waves, drafting Unique heroes has become more fun. We play often enough that Guerillinator and I know what to expect from the commons. In that regard on Monday night, I grabbed up Concan with Finn and one a squad of Kow. They were with Braxas and Zetacron.
Their opposition was Q10, DED, Isamu, and a five sets of Zombies.

I flew Concan onto a small, 1-spaced, 2-height plateau and brought Finn and the knights up to him. There the group stayed with Concan boosting two knights at most. They were going to hold the front against zombies while Braxas jumped about spewing acid on the undead. Zeta would deal with Q10 and DED (and Zeta did so quite effectively, but extremely lucky with the dice rolls).

Concan made the waiting force slyly potent. With the added defense and attack bonus and ticalla foliage to hide next to, the KoW were slinging some hefty defense. The icing was the lagoon's edge the two lead knights stood upon. All approaching Zombies had to attack up on those knights for the first few turns of engagement.

Concan wasn't used much after that. Didn't want to move him away from the Knights, and only one other time did I activate him with the 1 Marker. But my plans had gone awry with the loss of initiative and I decided to keep him put

This game made me really understand situations Concan may be more useful than Raelin. Those melee clumps where the KoW or Sentinels may not be moving for a while, yet have some ranged attack to support them. Concan provides half what Raelin gives in defense, yet he also boosts the attack of adjacent knights and Sentinels for a cheaper cost than Gilbert. So while that crowd may be staying put, they can also provide a nice punch too.
In addition, Concan can be used to hop out and attack further down the field to finish off a wounded hero or a bottleneckin' squad character the KoW wouldn't be able to reach yet.

Don't expect to use turns on him very often, but he is there for a change-up of plans. As it is now, I prefer him with KoW bonded with a Champion and five attacks, rather than with the Sentinels with 3 attacks per activation.
Though Shields of Valor could create some intense ground-holding with Concan and the common Kyries (sounds like a rockband, huh?). As well, Concan may have an easier time encouraging just 3 activated Sentinels (as opposed to four Knights) with his aura.
The Sentinels get that much needed punch to accompany their intense defense.

Last edited by Hex_Enduction_Hour; December 20th, 2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Added a thought about Gilbert...
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:09 AM

SPECTER has disabled reputation

Concan the Kyrie Warrior 80 80
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior 80 160
Knights of Weston 70 x 3 210 370
Sir Denrick 100 470
Eldgrim the Viking Champion 30 500

When the best offense, is a Knight's Defense.

Concan is one of thee best cheerleader characters, being that he can still hold his own - even compared with other Kyrie, his base attack and defense of 4/4 is better than the usual 3/3. And let's not forget he bonds with multiple squads.

"That which is above is as that which is below"
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:24 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECTER View Post
Concan the Kyrie Warrior 80 80
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior 80 160
Knights of Weston 70 x 3 210 370
Sir Denrick 100 470
Eldgrim the Viking Champion 30 500

When the best offense, is a Knight's Defense.

Concan is one of thee best cheerleader characters, being that he can still hold his own - even compared with other Kyrie, his base attack and defense of 4/4 is better than the usual 3/3. And let's not forget he bonds with multiple squads.
Concan doesn't bond; he has synergy, though no bonding. However that
knight army should be quite fun and if you keep everything under Raelin's aura, and the knights mowing down foes with sheer might, it seems like it could be powerful. If I played that, I would let Eldgrim sit on Concan's card while Concan drags the enemies near the knights. And when you lure the range to the knights territory, you can ambush them with Denrick and 4 attack knights.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units