Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old August 12th, 2007, 07:01 PM

tgskt7 has disabled reputation
I tried to download yours, Bixby, but couldn't open it. I have Quattro Pro, which usually is able to open Excel spreadsheets no problem. Any ideas? I'd like to see what yours is like. Does Excel let you save in Wordperfect format?
Old August 12th, 2007, 07:40 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Not sure how much effort to put in this tgskt7: I have macros, lookup tables, named ranges, and validation lists in my Excel sheet. Not sure if they would easily transalte into Quattro. Sorry.
Old August 16th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Hello folks:

I have been busy adding information to the next version of the Excel spreadsheet. Included in the next release is Wave 7, MarvelScape, and this year's promo figure.

The spreadsheet is starting to grow in function and complexity. I would like to have a group of about a 1/2 dozen or so people willing to kick the tires on a release before I send it out to the masses. I would like published versions to be realtively clean of errors and omissions.

If you are interested in getting an advance copy of the spreadsheet before mainstream release and do some beta testing for me... PM me your email address and I will add you to my pre-release list.

Thanks,
Matt
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:03 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
The macros were not working for some reason. I am not familiar with macro's nor how to remedy them. So some of the dropdowns and buttons, and sorts were not working for me.

I have to say though. This thing is HUGE. Holy cow did you ever put some work into this. A very valuable resource for the game indeed. I am going to be looking this over more the next few days at work and home.
Thanks for the advance copy.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:06 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
The macros were not working for some reason. I am not familiar with macro's nor how to remedy them. So some of the dropdowns and buttons, and sorts were not working for me.

I have to say though. This thing is HUGE. Holy cow did you ever put some work into this. A very valuable resource for the game indeed. I am going to be looking this over more the next few days at work and home.
Normally when macros are involved, you will get a popup telling you so. If you clicked the wrong choice, the macros are disabled.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
Quote:

Normally when macros are involved, you will get a popup telling you so. If you clicked the wrong choice, the macros are disabled.
It said something around the lines of having to change the security level?
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:48 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Tools > Options > Security > Macro Security.... Try setting it to medium.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Email me the screen shot BC and I will check into it. Also, let me know what version of MS Excel you are running.

-Matt
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:19 PM

Ok, it doesn't give me the error. Now when I click the sort button for example it just highlights as if it were a graphic. If I double click it goes into some gobbilty goop. it looks like the strings of code to make the macros work, it opens a new window for that code.

I have excel 2003

BTW, I can sort by just highlighting it and data->sort I was just trying to say that the "button" ins't working.

I love the links to the books on the forums. Nice touch.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 05:26 PM

I run Excel 2003 as well and the Macro for the sorts works fine. What values are in the two drop down boxes to the left of the sort when you click it?
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby
I run Excel 2003 as well and the Macro for the sorts works fine. What values are in the two drop down boxes to the left of the sort when you click it?
I don't know why, but it works just fine now. *rolls eyes* . This is freaking sweet.

Criteria Sorting for Unit Roster:
It would be nice if the button allowed you to sort by race, class, and personality though for quick look ups for themed armies. I suppose that is what the list builder does though.

List Builder:
I noticed that Marvel was not on this list yet, I assume since you have "game system" that is something you are planning on adding? The list builder is a an awesome quick resource.

I don't really see the reason why the roster and the list builder are separate. They appear to have the same use, but one has more function then the other depending on the situation.

Army Creator:
With all the sweet facts on the Army Creator sheet (at the bottom) it would be kind of neat if it told you how many "special markers" to grab.

I love the General Statistics page. This shows so much nerdy information I am in heaven.

The Mama rules sound very intriguing I want to five this a go on my next game. I wonder though, do you allow folks to put the same number on the same fig? I see the limit of three markers to a card, but not a limitation for having the same number on the card. Unless I am just missing it.

Thanks for the sneak peek on the sheet, this EXTREMELY resourceful. I have not checked stats to check for accuracy, but I assume that has probably been once overred about a billion times. lol

good stuff man, people that have not got the sneak peek of this don't know what they are missing.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:

Criteria Sorting for Unit Roster:
It would be nice if the button allowed you to sort by race, class, and personality though for quick look ups for themed armies. I suppose that is what the list builder does though.

List Builder:
I noticed that Marvel was not on this list yet, I assume since you have "game system" that is something you are planning on adding? The list builder is a an awesome quick resource.

I don't really see the reason why the roster and the list builder are separate. They appear to have the same use, but one has more function then the other depending on the situation.

Army Creator:
With all the sweet facts on the Army Creator sheet (at the bottom) it would be kind of neat if it told you how many "special markers" to grab.

I love the General Statistics page. This shows so much nerdy information I am in heaven.

The Mama rules sound very intriguing I want to five this a go on my next game. I wonder though, do you allow folks to put the same number on the same fig? I see the limit of three markers to a card, but not a limitation for having the same number on the card. Unless I am just missing it.

Thanks for the sneak peek on the sheet, this EXTREMELY resourceful. I have not checked stats to check for accuracy, but I assume that has probably been once overred about a billion times. lol

good stuff man, people that have not got the sneak peek of this don't know what they are missing.
Thanks BC. I really appreciate your testing and feedback. Appreciate the kind words too man.

You are right with the sort ing on the Roster. I left it to the main things people would use to sort by when drafting an army. The sort on teh roster controls how the units appear in the drop down lists in both the Army Creator and unit details tab. That is the main point of the sort.

The list builder is the newest addition to the spreadsheet and was largely inspired by the definitive lists on this website that RevDyer has started. I tried to think of a way to build the lists automatically so as units were added, the lists could dynamically be recreated. That is where I give the ability to filter by Personality, Species, World, Class, etc...

All of the Marvel units show up in the list builder. For instance, blank out all of the criteria except for Valiant Personality and re-filter and you will notive Silver Surfer in the mix. Let me know if you cannot get it to show and I will look into it further.

Roster is the source data for all of the units. I typically have the source data and the filtering of it on different sheets to keep those functions seperate. Just a design element I have adopted over the years. You will notice that the CONTROL sheet is all data I use in other parts of the spreadsheet to control drop down lists etc. Short answer is: I add all of the units to teh Roster Tab and it feeds the other tabs and drop downs. Hope that makes sense

Unit Details
By special markers are you referring to Morsbane and Samurai Markers? Good Idea. I will add that.

Stats
Glad you like the stats. I plan to add synamic graphs in a future release.

M/A/MA Order Marker Rules
Yes limit of three markers per card, they can all be the same number if you like

Again. Thanks a ton for your testing efforts and comments. Keep 'em coming...
...Matt

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software