Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 6th, 2013, 05:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V Pre-Release Speculation Thread.

An unspecified number of these guesses are correct to an unspecified degree of accuracy...

This is interesting indeed.

Last edited by superfrog; April 6th, 2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: and Viegon is at a tourney today in Pittsburgh. I couldn't go... :(
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:49 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm thinking the Ebon Armor will have some sort of Unique Squad movement bonding.

My Reasons,
Several people have mentioned that they work well with the Izumi
They're Bio makes them out to be guards, and the Izumi are the best Unique Squad for Guarding and Screening.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 7th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

When I hear the name "Ebon Armor", it makes me think about an object that an other unit could wear. Well that look a little strange to use in HS... ^^

Perhaps a defensive spirit?

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:56 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If it was something like DanielLoche thinks then my guess would be that you can place them on a Unique Squad to be extra defense/exoskeleton markers. I'm worried about the Krav though so I assume they either don't boost Unique Squads at all or they have some sort of obvious stipulation like Melee Unique Squad bonding.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Those are some pretty cool ideas for the Ebon Armor. I kinda wish they were coming out this wave.

But what about all the new Varks? They would take up two packs out of a wave, plus part of a Hero Pack. Will they receive their own special release? Or... could VC be working on a new Master Set?!? It's a crazy idea, but who knows what they could be planning in the Inner Sanctum?
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:41 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Those are some pretty cool ideas for the Ebon Armor. I kinda wish they were coming out this wave.

But what about all the new Varks? They would take up two packs out of a wave, plus part of a Hero Pack. Will they receive their own special release? Or... could VC be working on a new Master Set?!? It's a crazy idea, but who knows what they could be planning in the Inner Sanctum?
I believe ZB said at one point they were planned to be part of this wave but something came up.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:

I think the Varks are coming out in a later wave.

A new master set would be amazing.

I remember in an article on HeroScape color wheel theory that a Master Set focusing highly on Aquilla would be likely, since she didn't have a lot of units at the time, but that was ages ago; If a new one came out from VC, which would be amazing, but highly unlikely, I'd like to see a focus on Aquilla and Valkrill, just like Rise of the Valkyrie focused primarily on Utgar and Jandar; just a sprinkling of the other generals.

Of course, it'd be insanely difficult, and have no terrain, but they could include maps, scenarios, maybe even some terrain obstacles from other games (Dungeon Crawler tentacles, Confrontation walls, etc.).

If only we had those original terrain molds...

I predict that the Ebon Armor will have a defensive power for themselves and nearby small/medium figures; something like auto-shields or re-rolled defense dice.
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think if a new Master Set was in the cards, they'd have saved the Cathar and the Eilan Sidhe for it in order to list the two Confrontation Sets as the source.

Three Vark Heroes
Four Vark Squads
Count Raymond
Five Common Squads

That'd be a total of 32 figures along with some nice terrain bits and a ton of dice, along with some variety of General (the remaining Varks presumably being all Aquilla, the distribution would be 7 Aquilla cards, 3 Einar cards, 3 Ullar cards).

It's still possible they'd go in the "Unofficial Master Set" direction, but it seems like the most obvious clues aren't there.

In retrospect, I think the Ram Army Box + Wolfen Army Box would have had an awesome Master Set base. It'd have a solid Utgar presense, a ton of units for Aquilla and Valkrill (the "new" Generals), and enough thematic synergy to design a solid scenario around. Too bad the Ram Army Box is so scarce now, though.

ANYWAYS!

One thing I'm wondering about is the alignment for the remaining Jonah Hex units. Garret seems like he could fit with any of the "darker" generals other than Valkrill, so Einar, Vydar, or Utgar. "TBN Jonah Hex Figure" has grey and yellow, so he seems like an obvious fit with Aquilla, but I'm most interested in the female included... I get a very Aquilla feel from her, as well, but I'm not sure why.

The Cowboys are one "faction" I have complete from Pre-Custom HeroScape, so I'm excited to finally see them getting new additions. I'm wondering if they'll preserve their "non-bonding low-synergy hero" feel or try and tie them together...
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:02 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Excellent point, jonny139, I hadn't thought of that. Out of sheer curiosity, which would you prefer for Garret: A general-type unit, or another stand-alone Hero?
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:19 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
An unspecified number of these guesses are correct to an unspecified degree of accuracy...

This is interesting indeed.
Indeed some are unspecified degree of accuracy up to a point really close to what they are, really surprising actually.

my tradelist
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Excellent point, jonny139, I hadn't thought of that. Out of sheer curiosity, which would you prefer for Garret: A general-type unit, or another stand-alone Hero?
I dunno... part of me wants to make them more usable in more competitive builds, but I think I'd prefer they stay with the standalone feel. My games are pretty far down on the casual spectrum, so the cowboys are still viable drafts even without a commander.
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:05 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

So, we have some names for future figures. Some from public playtesting thread and some from points and rewards of C3V members.
Spoiler Alert!
I know about some of these since I playtested some of them but some had problems so hopefully they can be resolved. Hopefully, we can see these soon.

my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs