Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:05 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
C3G Thematic Starter Army Suggestions (1,000 Points)

Ok so as an extension to the thread A3n was running that I dogpiled on I'd like to get some themed army ranking going. I'd like to start with the 1000 point teams and go from there. You can use the following post for inspiration but try to keep them more thematic and not so much hodgepodge for this particular go. We will do nominations and then we can vote after that.

Super Hero Draft Cards

Top 10 C3G Armies

Of course we can start with the old standards

Fantastic Four
Classic X-Men

Whatch got???

Rules..
1. Somewhat thematic (Don't necessarily have to have been on the team at the same time but at least been on the team at one point)
2. Somewhat competitive

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; May 11th, 2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Best 1000 point themed army

1000 point Thematic Armies
  • TITANS GO!: Nightwing (200) + Cyborg (200) + Beast Boy 60 + Pterodactyl (40) + T-Rex (60) + Cheetah (20) + Bear (20) + Raven (190) + Starfire (210)
  • JUSTICE TRINITY: Superman (II) + Batman (II) + Wonder Woman
  • CLASSIC X-MEN: Professor X + Beast + Angel + Cyclops + Jean Grey + Iceman
  • FANTASTIC FOUR: Mister Fantastic + Invisible Woman + Thing + Human Torch
  • TEEN TITANS 2: Nightwing (200) + Starfire (210) + Raven (190) + Superboy (Kon-El) (240) + Red Robin (160)
  • GREEN LANTERN CORPS: Green Lantern - Hal Jordan, Green Lantern - John Stewart, & Green Lantern - Kilowog
  • SINESTRO CORPS: Yellow Lantern - Thaal Sinestro, Yellow Lantern - Arkillo, Sinestro Corps Soldier, Sinestro Corps Soldier, & Manhunter
  • GOLDEN AGE OF JUSTICE
    Hawkman (Carter Hall) (220) + Sandman (Wesley Dodds) (80) + Flash (Jay Garrick) (220) + Green Lantern (Alan Scott) (280) + Starman (Ted Knight) (190)
  • NEW AGE OF JUSTICE
    Flash (Jay Garrick) (220) + Power Girl (400) + Liberty Belle (Jesse Chambers) (190) + Hourman (Rick Tyler) (190)
  • AVENGERS NEW AND OLD
    Captain America (C3G) (240) + Bucky (60) + Spider-Man (C3G) (250) + Iron Fist (260) + Luke Cage (190)[/QUOTE]
  • SKRULL INVADERS: Super Skrull + Skrull Warriors (2) x6
  • Legionnaires - Cosmic Boy + Karate Kid + Superboy (Kal-El) + Lightning Lad for 1,000 points.
  • Legionnaires 2 - Cosmic Boy + Timber Wolf + Wildfire + Triplicate Girl for 990 points.
  • HAIL HYDRA - Red Skull (C3G) (220), Baron von Strucker (210), Madame HYDRA (140), HYDRA Agents x3 (240), Mentallo (135), Bob (25), Bodyguard x2 (30)
  • Secret Six - Deadshot 150, Catman 170, Bane 190, Scandal Savage 200, Ragdoll 100, Black Alice 190
  • Black Alice/Bane (190), Scandal Savage (200), Catman (170), Parademon/Deahshot (150), Knockout (290)
  • Scandal Savage (200), King Shark (220), Knockout (290), Ragdoll (100), Bane/Black Alice (190)
  • Red Hood (180), Scandal Savage (200), Catman (170), Parademon/Deahshot (150), Knockout (290) = 990
  • X-Factor - Multiple Man x9(270), Strong guy(215), Quick Silver(215), Wolfsbane(130), Forge(170)

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; June 2nd, 2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:19 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The theme requirement is going to eliminate some really great armies, I think.

I will submit that I like a slight variation on the Teen Titans better than the classic team:

Nightwing (200) + Starfire (210) + Raven (190) + Superboy (Kon-El) (240) + Red Robin (160)

EDIT: I guess I should ask what you're going for here. Are you trying to create a power rankings for armies, and just starting with thematic ones? Or is this intended to compile a "C3G armies for beginners" kind of list?
Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:23 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The theme requirement is going to eliminate some really great armies, I think.

I will submit that I like a slight variation on the Teen Titans better than the classic team:

Nightwing (200) + Starfire (210) + Raven (190) + Superboy (Kon-El) (240) + Red Robin (160)
Oh yeah we've used that one before as well...lots of fun

on your first part...that's kind of the point. There is already a thread for the competitive miss mash types so I'd like to see some options for the thematic types. The great thing about C3G is that it can be fun for either. This is to show new folks that fun comic-centric battles can be fun and still be good armies.

This also helps in creating scenario's and campaigns.

Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:29 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
EDIT: I guess I should ask what you're going for here. Are you trying to create a power rankings for armies, and just starting with thematic ones? Or is this intended to compile a "C3G armies for beginners" kind of list?
There is a lot of beginner type questions and I think this would be very helpful. Since playing a pure thematic army that's weak kind of defeats the purpose and could discourage some I'd like to get a good group armies that would appeal to the folks that get overwhelmed by the thought of maximizing 600+ cards. Therefore recognizable teams that are still somewhat competitive. Not necessarily the team that is going to win an online tournament....Although a season of the online super league with only thematic armies would be interesting to see.

A good Brotherhood build vs x-men or a Spider-man vs Sinister 6 match-ups...that sort of thing.

Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:44 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Alright, I can get behind that. Might want to tweak the name of the thread, though. Something more like "C3G Starter Army Suggestions" could work.

Here are a few more builds:

GOLDEN AGE OF JUSTICE
Hawkman (Carter Hall) (220) + Sandman (Wesley Dodds) (80) + Flash (Jay Garrick) (220) + Green Lantern (Alan Scott) (280) + Starman (Ted Knight) (190)

NEW AGE OF JUSTICE
Flash (Jay Garrick) (220) + Power Girl (400) + Liberty Belle (Jesse Chambers) (190) + Hourman (Rick Tyler) (190)

AVENGERS NEW AND OLD
Captain America (C3G) (240) + Bucky (60) + Spider-Man (C3G) (250) + Iron Fist (260) + Luke Cage (190)
Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:55 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Alright, I can get behind that. Might want to tweak the name of the thread, though. Something more like "C3G Starter Army Suggestions" could work.

Here are a few more builds:

GOLDEN AGE OF JUSTICE

NEW AGE OF JUSTICE

AVENGERS NEW AND OLD
Captain America (C3G) (240) + Bucky (60) + Spider-Man (C3G) (250) + Iron Fist (260) + Luke Cage (190)
Title...Done.

And nice suggestions.

Old May 4th, 2016, 12:55 AM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker
Re: C3G Starter Army Suggestions (1,000 Points)

Awesome idea for a thread!
Old May 4th, 2016, 10:20 AM
A Man of Taste

Here is one we've ran before...
[*]Green Lantern Corps: Green Lantern - Hal Jordan, Green Lantern - John Stewart, & Green Lantern - Kilowog
vs
[*]Sinestro Corps: Yellow Lantern - Thaal Sinestro, Yellow Lantern - Arkillo, Sinestro Corps Soldier, Sinestro Corps Soldier, & Manhunter

Something for the Fantastic Four to Fight...

Skrull Invaders: Super Skrull + Skrull Warriors (2) x6

Old May 4th, 2016, 12:04 PM
A Man of Taste

There are a lot of Mutant themed armies you can run which makes Mutants a good buy for beginners. For about a $25 investment you can get 30-40 figures that can be built up in different armies...

Original Brotherhood:
To of course battle the Classic X-Men
Magneto - Erik Lehnsherr
Scarlet Witch - Wanda Maximoff
Quicksilver - Pietro Maximoff
Mastermind - Jason Wyngarde
Toad - Mortimer Toynbee

Another Brotherhood Version:
Magneto - Erik Lehnsherr (II)
Mystique - Raven Darkhölme
Avalanche - Dominikos Petrakis
Blob - Fred Dukes
Destiny - Irene Adler
Toad - Mortimer Toynbee or Mastermind - Jason Wyngarde

Mystiques Brotherhood:
Mystique - Raven Darkhölme (II)
Destiny - Irene Adler
Quicksilver - Pietro Maximoff
Sabretooth - Victor Creed

A weaker Version only because Magneto and Mystique aren't Outcast
Magneto - Erik Lehnsherr
Mystique - Raven Darkhölme
Pyro - St. John Allerdyce
Blob - Fred Dukes

However you can drop Toad and go with Version II for Magneto and Mystique if your opponent doesn't mind the 5 point overage.

As a Bonus all these armies can be created with just 11 figures.

Last edited by japes; May 4th, 2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old May 4th, 2016, 12:12 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teazia View Post
Awesome idea for a thread!
Thanks, I really hope it works out. With so many cards to choose from it seemed like newcomers where getting overwhelmed on where to start. My hope is that this side project will help ease the tensions. I know my family started playing more once we made lists of armies for quick selection. Before that we spent a ton of time picking our army and then we'd have little time to actually play. I am pretty sure that is what turned my wife off of the game. My son now selects armies from a group we have agreed on and several times he has the game set up with armies for both sides ready when I get home from work. It's also works out great during the holidays when we have family visiting since we can have several pre-made armies ready to go.

Old May 4th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Symbiotic

It's too bad there aren't any cheapo Magneto minis. Despite the number of times he's been clixed, you're probably dropping at least $3 on him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy