Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:58 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Besides everything I've seen so far and the stuff other people have put, I'd like to see soem sacrificial units. An example would be a samurai bodyguard that can recieve a wound intended for an adjacent samurai hero. They jump in front of the bullet. Something like that.

I'd also like more bugs and creatures. As well as everythign talked about or mentioned in the Thormun Journals
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:42 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Would LOVE these!

1) Gladiator Squad. (a must to justify Sparty)

2) Viper "Spitting Cobra" Squad (scout class) to complete the theme.

3) War Elephant for Einar (long pined-for in this community)

4) Longbowman for Jandar/Knights (to complete the theme)

5) Cowboy Posse Squad (with cowboy hero bonding, please!) Cool abilities would be movement bonus "Head 'Em Off at the Pass", and an attack bonus against 1 beginning-game-chosen opposing hero "Wanted Dead or Alive"...

6) "Ranged Unit" for wolves, such as a quasi-ranged "pouncing" wolf squad, and/or bonding with Khosumet. Ranged Anubian Wolf Squad could also do well with slingers, thematically.

7) Ranged Kyrie Squad/Hero, and a new squad/hero that provides some form of kyrie bonding/movement bonding... I would LOVE for the Kyrie theme to get some help in tying them together more into a competitive and synergistic army-build.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM

aerofool Woo who?
Ogres, and I'm not talking about the green Shrek kind either.

A unit of 2-3 trolls would be nice too.

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
My list:

1. Einar War Elephant - I prefer Carthaginian b/c the elephants are more impressive in stature, not wimpy little things like the asian elephants

2. Some kind of ranged vipers "spitting cobras" if you will

3. More Dwarven units

4. War-machines (trebuchets, ballistae, Catapults, cannons, etc...)

5. Pirates!

6. More Dragons or lother arger figures (flying pterodactyl on a clear post?)

7. Navy SEALS (to add one more modern soldier squad to the mix)

8. A unit like Raelin or Taelord but who boosts movement around them in a range instead e.g. "Any unit who starts their movement within <insert movement enhancing unit's name here> 4 hexes of this unit adds +2 to their movement" This would help boost melee units a bit more compared to all-powerful Range.

9. Genies (Djinn) - They'd look really cool and fill that whole Arabian Nights void

10. Elementals (Earth, Fire, Wind & Water) - They would be visually appealing by their nature and could have nifty powers based on the pre-existing tiles in the game

11. More units that enhance current synergies or fix them (like helping fix Spartacus or Khosumet the DarkLord) all around and flesh them out. I'm hopeful that Wave 8 will go a bit more towards this direction but right now, there are still a TON of virtually unused descriptors and synergies (like Disciplined, which barely does anything for you).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I can think of right now!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
BEARS

(Preferably either polar, or Jandar Soulborgs to counter those Deathstalkers.)

Most of my other ideas have already been mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I'll list things I'd like to see or that I think are missing. Some will be very generic, too.

• Skeletons - melee and possibly even archers.
• Witches - the old black-robed, pointy-hat, green-skinned kind. Could be broom-stick flying, too... why not?
• Hackers - some sort of Squad (perhaps in black pants, white shirts, a tie of some sort) that could auto-kill any adjacent Soulborg on a successful d20 roll.
• Elementals, as has been stated previously.
• More beasts, like Lions, Tigers and Bears.* Either as units themselves or as mounts.

More off-the-wall suggestions:

• A unique squad of white-clad clerics in a prayerful stance that had an Attack of 0 or 1, a Defense of 3 or 4, and had a short-range defense aura that bonded with any Jandar hero. Perhaps they are unable to join any army that had any followers of Utgar in it.
• A department store clerk who's been through Hell and back.
• A Lord of Time, or perhaps a Lady of Chronology, if one wishes to avoid lawsuits. Abilities, abilities, abilities... hmmm... uh, how about has the ability to take two order markers, look at them, and swap them, both from either his side or his opponents? For shins and grits, give him 1 Attack, 1 Defense and 12 Life. Ooooo, actually, give him an adjacent auto-kill for Soulborgs, too. Perfectamundo!**

*Oh my.
** Brilliant! Where do I come up with these things?

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
3 things. WW1 Germans with the pointy helmets and gas masks.

Automatic defense grid turrets with no move and weak defence, but they fire automatically via special power.

The Red Baron as a unique hero.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
War Elephant.

Modern Special Forces guys.

Characters from folklore. Vainamoinen from the Kalevala, Baba Yaga, El Chupacabra, etc. Endless choices here.

Historic Heroes. Tecumseh, Simon Kenton, Daniel Boone, Admiral Nelson, Yagyu Jubei Mitsuyoshi (also fits in the folklore section

More Vipers. Ranged would be fine, but so would a large unit.

More Samurai. I know this line has been pushed pretty far, but what can I say. You can never have enough samurai.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I posted some of this in another thread, but here are some I've seen others mention that I'd also like to see and am posting here to underscore said demand.

1) War Elephants

2) Pirates with ships (they don't work without)

3) More WWII soldiers, both American and Nazi

4) Vydar Kyrie

5) War Chariots and other vehicles

6) Dreadgulls

7) Dragon Hunting squad

8 ) The Samurai Calvary rumored on the official website.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:47 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
1) An Utgar squad with Warlord bonding. I don't like having to play Einar's Romans to be able to use Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, and Valguard effectively. (Dreadguls might work for this.)

2) Vydar Kyrie.

3) More faction specific figures/squads.

Thanks!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:14 PM

Orgavin360 has disabled reputation
1) Pirates
2) Modern day soldiers
3) Beholders (since you WOTC guys run the D&D)
4) well really, just crack open some of your D&D MM and start pulling randomly....

PuDDINGS AND OOZES!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgavin360
PuDDINGS AND OOZES!
I am NOT washing my terrain after every game!

Although a Bill Cosby-type hero to add +1 Attack to every Pudding would be interesting.

Environmentalists make great compost.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion