Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 20th, 2019, 08:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Book of Mon-El (Initial Playtesting)

I'll give others some time to comment but @Ronin what do you think of bumping his defense up by one?
Old February 20th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm okay with Defense going up to 7. Gives him a hair more ability to hang with enemy big guns.

Quick question on Inspirational Valor that didn't come up in my games: is it intended to last after he's destroyed, or fizzle out if he goes down?
Old February 20th, 2019, 08:58 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quick question on Inspirational Valor that didn't come up in my games: is it intended to last after he's destroyed, or fizzle out if he goes down?
Hmmm I don't really have a preference, I guess just whatever is most consistent with other inspiration powers like Solovar's.
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Hmmm I don't really have a preference, I guess just whatever is most consistent with other inspiration powers like Solovar's.
What about thematically? Is he the kind to leave a strong motivation factor behind after he is gone, or mostly just while he is present?
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:06 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Quote:
What about thematically? Is he the kind to leave a strong motivation factor behind after he is gone, or mostly just while he is present?
I see it as more of a "Wow he's so heroic, he inspires me to be more like him" rather than "It sure inspires me to be fighting along a really strong dude" so I think it makes sense for it to last after death.

Also, in one of the continuities Lar is treated as an almost Christ-like figure whose actions in the 20th century inspired people all the way in the 30th. So there's story precedent for him inspiring people after he's not around.
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think the other inspiration powers cut out when the inspirer takes any wounds at all. I wouldn't go that far, though, I think that's excessive as a nerf (especially for a figure that felt overcosted to me).

My preference for simplicity would be to word it like this:

Quote:
If Mon-El inflicts a wound on an opponent's figure with a normal or special attack, then all Legionnaires you control are considered Inspired [until the end of the round or Mon-El is destroyed] [for the remainder of the round]. Inspired Legionnaires add 1 to their Attack and Defense numbers.
Red if we want it to cut out when he goes down, blue if we don't. Sounds like blue is a little better thematically, red is a little closer to other inspiration powers.

Drops the clear sight requirement, but I think that muddies the power without adding in a ton of theme. Does add in the requirement that he has to get the wound in with an attack rather than a passing swipe (not exceptionally valorous) or some kind of auto-wounding glyph (which is niche).

Wouldn't have made a difference in my games, just occurred to me while I was playing.
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I prefer blue.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 20th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Just A Head

I think I prefer blue as well. How does this look to everyone?
Quote:
NAME = MON-EL
SECRET IDENTITY = LAR GAND

SPECIES = DAXAMITE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 380

HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice, or 3 attack dice if the chosen figure is an Android or Destructible Object. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an additional attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

INSPIRATIONAL VALOR
If Mon-El inflicts a wound on an opponent's figure with a normal or special attack, then all Legionnaires you control are considered Inspired for the remainder of the round. Inspired Legionnaires add 1 to their Attack and Defense numbers.

DAXAMITE DEFENSE
When rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian or Daxamite, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:34 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
I think I prefer blue as well. How does this look to everyone?
Quote:
NAME = MON-EL
SECRET IDENTITY = LAR GAND

SPECIES = DAXAMITE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 380

HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice, or 3 attack dice if the chosen figure is an Android or Destructible Object. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an additional attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

INSPIRATIONAL VALOR
If Mon-El inflicts a wound on an opponent's figure with a normal or special attack, then all Legionnaires you control are considered Inspired for the remainder of the round. Inspired Legionnaires add 1 to their Attack and Defense numbers.

DAXAMITE DEFENSE
When rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian or Daxamite, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH
I'd drop the "then" from Inspirational Valor and send him out at 370.
Old February 20th, 2019, 10:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Increase his Defense and lower his points?
Old February 20th, 2019, 10:22 PM
Now moves with Flying.

I don't think it's enough to keep him at 380.
Old February 20th, 2019, 10:55 PM
Just A Head

I'm not getting 380 from Ronin's playtests, so I'm fine lowering him to 370 for now. No problem bringing it back up if its an issue.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library