Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old August 25th, 2018, 03:56 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
Re: CA-SoCal Heroscapers

@superfrog said 10/20 wasn't good for him.
I figure the later the better - to prepare.
I can ask to change Rec Room reservation once all have weighed in:
@hivelord , @Detrimentalman , @Leotheanimal87 - what say ye?
Old August 28th, 2018, 12:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I might be going to visit my in-laws on the 13th, but that's not set in stone. 27th is still the safest bet for me.

Here's the Utah rotating teams format:

Spoiler Alert!
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:09 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
superfrog said 10/20 wasn't good for him.
I figure the later the better – to prepare. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I might be going to visit my in-laws on the 13th, but that's not set in stone. 27th is still the safest bet for me.
I hear ya. I'm still hopeful there's a compromise to be made tho.

10/27 loses us 2 of Quillon's most solid 3: 2 who haven't missed an NHSD since they started coming years ago. I don't want to see that if we have any other options. The rest of the extended crew is less certain this year, so I'm not sure how much the date impacts them. I'm fairly sure the 3 in my immediate family (that is, Quillon, myself, and the Smaller Animal) are good even on the 27th, but the likelihood of us being able to increase that number goes up if other dates are on the table.

So, it sounds like Saturdays in October are tough. Given that, I'm perfectly willing to explore other options:
  • Sundays are at least a possibility. We'd consider it.
  • Early November is not out of the question either.

Any chance any of that could work?

Quote:
Here's the Utah rotating teams format:
Hmmm. There's a lot of good things going on there, but also a few that are less good.
  • Conceptually, I love the idea of 2v2 games. They can be a huge amount of fun, and you get the rare opportunity to use the "friendly" in those powers. However, logistically, having to come up with a number of competitors divisible by 2 is a big enough PITA: having to have a number divisible by 4 makes my stomach churn. Maybe if there were also considerations for doing 2v1 games (or 1v1v1?) as well? Then 6 players do two 2v1 games, 7 players do a 2v2 and a 2v1, 8 players is two 2v2s, 9 is ... three 2v1s, I guess? 10 is a 2v2 and two 2v1s, 11 is two 2v2s and a 2v1 ... the only really problematic number is 5.
  • 350 points sucks. It's just not enough points to do anything exciting with. It reminds me of an old Arsenio Hall comedy bit, where he complains about how the toilet paper rollers in public restrooms are always so stiff ... it's like someone is running around, tightening up the rollers with a screwdriver. So you pull on the toilet paper, and you get like 2 squares. What the hell are you supposed to do with 2 squares of toilet paper? The only thing you can do with 2 squares of toilet paper is write a note on it: hey, man, stop tightening up the damn rollers on the toilet paper! 350 points for a Heroscape army is kinda like that.
  • I like the glyphs. That's a good set of glyphs.
  • While I completely understand why that list of units (the tip-top of what we generally use as our restricted list) is completely banned, I'm really hesitant to outright ban anything. I think that if the point total were higher, sticking with just restricting the number of such high-power units is sufficient. And, again: if the games are time limited anyway, what's the advantage of using lower point totals? As long as the maps are big enough to handle it, it should be fine.
  • Marvel?? Hell yeah!

I'm still open for whatever ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:40 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Sundays, no. November, yes.
Old August 31st, 2018, 10:33 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

I’m currently fairly free so whatever is decided should be feasible. As October gets closer my weekend dates will fill up.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old August 31st, 2018, 11:15 PM

@hivelord ?
@Leotheanimal87 ?
Old September 4th, 2018, 09:34 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't think I technically have any October weekends filled yet so as long as we pick quickly, I'll be fine. I'm up for whatever format really.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old September 6th, 2018, 03:13 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
I don't think I technically have any October weekends filled yet so as long as we pick quickly, I'll be fine. I'm up for whatever format really.
How about November? 11/3 would work for us, I believe.

I suppose 10/27 is still a viable fallback. I'm just trying to maximize our attendence.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:46 AM
This is merely a joke.

11/3 would work for me. It's actually probably the best date proposed so far for my schedule.
Old September 8th, 2018, 12:26 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Hey guys! 11/3 works better for me too for National heroscape Day

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old September 9th, 2018, 05:15 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Okay, I've managed to pin down people on my side a bit more; here's what I know so far:
  • Myself and Quillon and the Smaller Animal: we should be good for any and all dates.
  • Quillon's crew:
    • #1: Definitely for 11/3; definitely not for 10/27.
    • #2: Definitely not (all Saturdays are out).
    • #3: Probably.
    • #4: Who knows?
  • the Smaller Animal's "crew":
    • Being the little brother of the "probably" up above, he's also a "probably."

Quote:
11/3 would work for me. It's actually probably the best date proposed so far for my schedule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Hey guys! 11/3 works better for me too for National heroscape Day
So it seems to me like 11/3 is our best bet. Can we nail it down to that officially, @warriorneedsfoodbadly ?

Also, we probably need to nail down the format pretty soon so that people can start dreaming up armies. @superfrog , do you think pursuing the 2v2 format is the best way to go? I have some ideas bouncing around my brain, but I'm not sure this is the direction we want to go in. Everyone else feel free to jump in with ideas as well.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 10th, 2018, 01:25 PM

Okay, cancelled reservation for 10/27 and have rec room reserved for 11/3.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers