Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old November 21st, 2014, 01:22 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Online Organized Play for Dungeon Crawls Brainstorm Thread

The Online Heroscape scene has been fantastic for playing in competitive tournaments where players are given symmetric conditions for army construction and face off on fairly symmetric maps. I love participating in these tournaments, but much of my association with how I play Heroscape in person has been in asymmetric play with different scenarios.

I want to see if we can bring some of the theme and fun of dungeon crawl scenarios like those in Swarm of the Marro or Battle for the Underdark and see if we can bring that experience to organized online play. I'm not certain how exactly to go about doing it, however, and would love to work with other interested players and see if we can pull this off.

Right now I'm envisioning that a Dungeon Crawl "season" would comprise of a certain number of scenarios played out on a regular basis (i.e. weekly, bi-weekly...). On whatever increment, one player would play their band of adventurers making their way through the scenario while another would control the enemies found within. Like the original scenarios, the same band of heroes could progress from scenario to scenario and see if they can rise to the challenge of making it all the way through or will be worn down through the journey.

I think the dungeon-crawling players could probably build their band out of Unique Heroes with point and figure limitations. Like some of the official scenarios, different scenarios could allow for only certain portions of their party at a time where they would all be together by the final scenario at the very least.

For players on the dungeon side, I am less certain about army construction. We could feasibly provide the same point and figure placing limitations for each stage and allow them to mash together a hodge-podge of dungeon goons to face or we could instead make much more focused scenarios with a predesignated army to carry a certain story and theme throughout. It then also falls to who exactly is playing on this side and the numbers that we'd need.

I think this idea has potential but there are a lot of gaps that could use help in being filled out. I would love to brainstorm and hear other ideas to see if we can get something like this to take off.
Old November 21st, 2014, 05:29 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Organized Play for Dungeon Crawls Brainstorm Thre

I had thought about it before and considered this:

Each game takes two weeks. One side will play the good and the other the bad, then they would switch sides. So, players will submit armies for each side. In the case of the second official scenario, for example, there would be multiple bad side armies submitted.
Old November 21st, 2014, 06:07 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think something possibly even more fun would be multiplayer events that use the cooperative rules for shared OMs.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 21st, 2014, 06:07 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Yes, multiplayer!
Old November 21st, 2014, 07:16 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

We've restricted our mutliplayer events to "special events" because the difficulty in scheduling games and keeping the game moving online rises exponentially with the number of players. That said, I'd love to see a dedicated group break through this and get some consistent multiplayer games going, dungeon crawl or otherwise.

One idea would be to create a consistent time every week for these games, and have people sign up to participate. Just a thought.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events