Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 22nd, 2021, 04:04 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I'll look into that if I do anymore testing but... from a glance it makes the figure boring in terms of theme, weak in terms of gameplay, and not appealing as a choice over any other monk, nor representative of Valkrill as a theme aside from maybe the self wounding.

I can examine the power being problematic but it would definitely need compensation in terms of another power or better stats.
Old August 22nd, 2021, 04:50 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't think that the miniature fits as a HeroScape Hybrid. She does have goat horns, but other than Van Nessing, all of the other Hybrids are more animalistic. If Demon or Tiefling don't fit, then another species could always be created.

It feels thematically weird for a humanoid figure to have the same unrestricted dreadful presence as a huge demon like Corvor. Balance aside, I think that it'd feel a bit better if she evoked that kind of a Valkrill mechanic without outright reusing it. The previous incarnation of it only triggering when she was half-dead worked well for me, for instance, though I know that others had some issues with it. I unfortunately don't have a good alternative mechanic to propose right now.

Dropping Infernal Spirit outright is of course an option, though I don't feel like a Whirlwind Assault figure with Lethal Sting is bringing anything particularly new or exciting to the table. That's fine (not every unit needs three powers or to be flashy, and most designs are improved by simplification rather than addition), but it's worth noting nonetheless. I think that it'd be more interesting to focus on a revised Infernal Spirit and Forbidden Death Touch rather than Whirlwind Assault, though I'm admittedly not a huge fan of the power and the monks in general, so it's somewhat expected that it'd feel a little flat to me.
Old August 23rd, 2021, 10:19 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I'm neutral to Hybrid. Unlike others here, I don't have a specific vision for what a Hybrid is. Human-demon hybrid? Why not?

I agree with others that Infernal Spirit feels unnecessary. Are you trying to create a weakness to special attacks? Otherwise, it's essentially the same as a couple extra Defense for a theme that doesn't really work in comparison to other units with Attack reduction powers. I would like it a lot more if the power didn't activate until Xue has some damage--that's interesting and kind of cool, though I think it would be better with a Defense boost than an Attack reduction. Or the reverse, a defensive power that makes Xue hard to crack but goes away after she has a couple wounds. Both versions play off of her auto-wound in interesting ways.

Forbidden Death Touch feels monk-ish. I don't particularly like the auto-destruction where "cannot roll defense dice" is good enough, which allows for high-Life figures to suffer the hit. Makes it a little less swingy. Though allowing for essentially an auto-wound on Large figures is kind of troublesome; the ODs always avoided to prevent insta-killing Deathwalkers.
Old August 23rd, 2021, 09:56 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@Leaf_It and I are super excited with the work we've done on this potential submission. This has been a long time coming and we've been pretty meticulous with the powers, pricing and stats. That's not to say it's perfect...hence why we're dropping it here before we submit...but we're finishing up playtesting hopefully soon and plan to submit this. Looking for final sanity checks before we do.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 24th, 2021, 02:04 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Why doesn't their venom work like every other poison in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 24th, 2021, 03:58 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Rename it Paralyzing Venom? That would imply the defense reduction.
Old August 24th, 2021, 07:16 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do you have a pic of the figure on the board with other figures?
What are the figures from?
Old August 24th, 2021, 09:51 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the Scorpions. Simple, straightforward, and looks decent in a swarm.

A couple suggestions. Carapace feels a little strange since it's a bonus against most figures and essentially just a weakness against Huge (and destructible objects). The theme is good and the power is important, but it feels a tad odd to be such a far-ranging boost. Despite my dislike of adding more complexity, consider it being +2 against Small and +1 against Medium/Large. Still thematic, doesn't change the balance significantly, and it makes the power feel like it has more value.

Second, quozl has a good point about Stinger Venom not acting like other Poison abilities. That's not exactly true, though, this version is similar to Lethal Sting and Venomous Sting. I suggest renaming it to follow that convention. Scorpion Sting, perhaps.
Old August 24th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I mean, do you really want a 4-figure common squad that can do auto-wounds if all skulls are rolled, when they roll only 2 attack? The reason is, because they would be insanely strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Rename it Paralyzing Venom? That would imply the defense reduction.
not bad, I like that as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Do you have a pic of the figure on the board with other figures?
What are the figures from?
yes, will have to post later this evening after work. You can pick them up on Amazon. They're like $5 for 50 figures or something insane like that. I'll have to post the name/link a little later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I like the Scorpions. Simple, straightforward, and looks decent in a swarm.

A couple suggestions. Carapace feels a little strange since it's a bonus against most figures and essentially just a weakness against Huge (and destructible objects). The theme is good and the power is important, but it feels a tad odd to be such a far-ranging boost. Despite my dislike of adding more complexity, consider it being +2 against Small and +1 against Medium/Large. Still thematic, doesn't change the balance significantly, and it makes the power feel like it has more value.

Second, quozl has a good point about Stinger Venom not acting like other Poison abilities. That's not exactly true, though, this version is similar to Lethal Sting and Venomous Sting. I suggest renaming it to follow that convention. Scorpion Sting, perhaps.
Yeah, originally we had it working on just small and medium figures...but the +2/+1 isn't bad and I do like that suggestion...I'll have to talk it over with Leaf_It.

Scorpion Sting as a name could work...though the Paralyzing Sting mentioned by Utah Scott actually makes a lot of sense based on the mechanic...though IRL I don't think Scorpions venom/sting actually paralyzes...though maybe these Valhallan Scorpions have a different type of venom?...anyway...good thoughts

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 24th, 2021, 08:43 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
I mean, do you really want a 4-figure common squad that can do auto-wounds if all skulls are rolled, when they roll only 2 attack? The reason is, because they would be insanely strong.
You're confusing a STING power with a poison power. I was speaking of the poison powers like the Deepwyrm Drow or Sujoah, where if damage is inflicted, the poison inflicts additional damage. So that 2 Attack could potentially inflict up to 3 wounds (if you limit it like Poison Weapons).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 24th, 2021, 09:12 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Would be a great time for something to mark the difference between poison and venom, as they are not exactly the same thing...

https://www.science.org.au/curious/p...e%20or%20sting.

Venom being a particularly evolved type of poison with a specific purpose seems to make sense as a debilitation rather than the outright wounds caused by poison. I think the effects of scorpion venom, while not outright fatal, make a lot of sense in the context of lowering defense.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20353859

The distinction would seem to be fine given the historical use of "poison" as opposed to venom on weapons. Not to say that you can't use both on weapons but they are different terms, and I think the scorpions are showing a more "deteriorating" effect associated with venom.

Wikipedia (Links) Wikipedia (Links)
Old August 30th, 2021, 02:49 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Went through quite a few changes on what began as a "Desert Lich" type design turned into a Synergy for Crypt Guardians, bringing a new negative type of "Spirit" Ability.
Here is the most recent design. The first ability was last named "Soul Drain" which required a higher roll but was able to heal a wound if successful. I wavered between it being 'before attacking', or 'after having normal attacked'. Here it is 'Before Moving" similar to Corvors Corruption Aura. Perhaps not necessary to assimilate. The heal with tough was incompatible but now both have been removed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards