Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old January 17th, 2008, 08:17 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
nyys' Battle Reports **new report 9/22/23**

THE DICE ARE EVIL!!!!!

Our group finally got together again the other night (actually I should say I finally made it) to play some scape.

I brought several pre-made 500pt armies with the first one being:

nyys
Ornank
Mimring
Grimnak
Blade Gruts X3
Isamu

monkeyclops
Venoc Vipers x1
Jandar Flag Bearer
Bunch of Knights
Bunch of 4th mass

The battle was essentially over in the 1st two turns of round 1.

My brother gets initiative and sends out his Vipers. I move up Mimring.

Vipers go again and hit the summon glyph. Red rover red rover send ORNAK right over. Ornak = dead via Vipers.

Vipers frenzy, move adjacent to Mimring with height. Attack, get a couple wounds. Frenzy again, Mimring = dead.

So in one turn 250 of my 500pts is dead (including all my range). When it works Frenzy is EVIL!!!!!

The rest was academic, Grimnak was able to have a few knight for breakfast, but he went down easily enough after the 4th mass moved up in round two. From there it was just a matter of the Knights dispatching the Blade Gruts and Isamu, which they did easily.

I still think the list I made was pretty good, but against the rolls my brother was getting, there was no chance. ARGH!

Last edited by nyys; September 22nd, 2023 at 10:51 AM.
Old January 17th, 2008, 12:24 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
VYDAR RULES (and Frenzy)!

Battle number two from the same night of gaming was a 2v2 500pt each kill 'em all match.

Growing bored of using Utgar I went with what ended up being a mostly Vydar (but all soulborg) army that I had created.

nyys
Q9
Rats x3
Blastatrons x2
Gladiatrons x1

Ryno (non HSer)
Aubrien Archers x3
Syvarris
Guilty
Raelin (RotV)
and the Ullar Kyrie that can summon

vs
monkeyclops
Shades x2
Snipers x2
Iskara
Retches

Bengi
monks x2
sacred band x2
Parmenio
Kaemon Awa

Not sure on rounds/turns but here is the order of occurances.

The elf archers go absolutely ballistic, Frenzying multiple times during EACH turn (once four times in a row). Which decimated our opponents Snipers, Parmenio, and then the Sacred Band.

My Gladiatrons hit the summon glyph, pulling Kaemon over and trapping him there. Took them two turns, but the Blastas made quick work of Kaemon with the Homing Device helping. Instead of 1A each it was 5A each.

Most of the rest of my early manuvering was with the Rats. I waited for the mostly mele oppoents to come forward before moving up with Q9. I quickly learned how Q9 is considered the king of the battle field.

Fortuantely the shades were unable to take him over, which allowed him to do his thing (along with help from Syvarris) to wreck the Shades and the summoned Rechets.

Eventually Q9 did fall, and this is where our opponents almost made a huge comeback.

My Gladiatrons all fell making the Blastas virtually useless. Then Q9 finally fell allowing the Monk Squads and Iskara to move in. The monks ruined the Blastas and most of the rats as well.

After 8 or 9 Aubriens fell it was up to Syvarris to win the game. The Monks all eventually went down, and even though it took SEVERAL turns more, Iskra finally went down as well.

Early on it was a rout in our favor. The sick Frenzying of the Archers and the Blastas Attack bonus mowed the enemy down in droves, not to mention Q9 doing his thing as well.

In the end though it was a marginal victory, once Q9 blew up, it was wide open, but we did enough dammage early to squeek it out.
Old January 21st, 2008, 05:11 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sounds like a whole lot of fun going on, thanks for sharing. I love the frenzy, I even pick mittens with the elf archers just for that extra 5% of frenzy - nothing better then rolling a 15 and still getting to go again. You can win the game in the first round if you get a lot of frenzies. My other real favorite to use is the marrden hounds, the plaque is teh same way , when it is working - look out ( not as good as frenzy at all, but still a lot of fun )
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM

Seems like every time I get to play Scape the word 'finally' is involved, anyway...

Marro Swarm

500pts

nyys
Hounds x2
Drudge x2
Drones x3
Warriors
Marcu Esenwein

Bengi
Taelord
Snipers x1
Syvarris
Rats x1
Sonlin? (the elf that can summon)

The board was all swamp made from 1 1/2 SotM sets, high point in the middle surrounded by swamp water.

My opponents strategy was to get Sonlin to the center high point summon Taelord, Syvarris, and the Snipers and blow me away with superior fire power. It probably would have worked but before the 1st round was over I managed to destroy Taelord after he was summoned by Sonlin who moved to the high point with his 1st movement of the game.

From there the game started to go down hill as after Syvarris was summoned to the high point he went on a killing rampage. Took out all but one of my Drudge and all but one of the Hounds in very short order.

This is where my vast numbers came into play. I still had the Marro Warriors and 9 Drones, I just needed them to survive long enough to get within attack range. My opponent kept all his markers on Syvarris for several turns and after finally rolling some succesful defense dice I was able to get the Marro Warriors in range and start to take Syvarris down a peg or two.

A soon as I would lose a Warrior to Syvarris' bow, I was able to clone him right back and all the while (even though I never once was able to use more than 3 Drones at one time... sooooooo frustrating) the Drones were moving in to surround Sonlin and Syvarris.

A couple turns later Syvarris finally went down (after doing about 4x his point vale in dammage) and then the Drones took care of Sonlin. All that was left was to close in on the sniper squad.

Fortunately the snipers were unable to hit anything allowing my Drones to close in and finish them off. There was still a rat left on the table at this point, but my opponent conceeded.

It was a very good game, it looked like it was highly in my favor after killing Taelord right off the bat, but then Syvarris showed how valuable that range of 9 can be (along with the double attack) but in the end it was a numbers game and there were too many Marro to take down.

-insert signature here-
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:27 AM

I preface this next battle with this: I own almost everything that has been available on the store shelves but unfortunately I play so infrequently that it will be along time before I can say I've used every unit and even longer before I can really make an informed decision on a squads worth (one time isn't exaclty a large sample size).

Tagawa Samurai are sick!

500pts

nyys
Syvarris
Aubrien Archers x2
Morsbane
Tagawa Samurai
Theracus? (flying horse)

Jackal (non HSer)
Roman Legionnaires x3
Marcu Esenwein
Brunak
Raelin
Marcus (roman hero)

The scenario was Prisoner of War. We had two Marvel ruins set up in the middle of the board and both sides had to place one 80+ point hero behind the destructable wall. The idea being that you had to 'save' your prisoner and then you could use him in the game.

I put Morsbane in my ruin and Marcus was in my opponents.

To add a little more interest a squad of Zettians was put on top of the ruins (one per ruin) and after any unit moved, if they were in range of the Zettians then your opponent could fire at you with them.

I got off to a very good start. I moved up with Syvarris and since he has a better range than the Zettians I was able to shoot at the wall and not worry about return fire. I was able to take the wall down in the 1st round.

My opponent (who took no range) had to slowly move towards the wall and all the while I was able to fire with the Zettians and take out a couple Legionnaires in the process.

In the next round (since my wall was open) I used Syvarris to kill off the Zettians since I needed to start moving in towards my opponent and didn't want the free shots being taken on me.

Next my opponent started bangning on his wall but it proved too tough for Brunak.

My next order of business was to use Theracus and take Syvarris to the top of the ruins (only way up there was by flying), which would give him a 360 vantage point and he could pick off those trying to knock the wall down.

Meanwhile Brunak broke off from the door and went after my Aubriens, and boy did he, wiping about 5 of 6 in a couple turns. Next my opponents got one of his Legionnaires to the summoning glyph and pulled Syvarris off his pearch and killed him off too.

Things were not looking good for me.

With not much left to do, I charged Brunak with my Samurai and actually managed to take him down (and add a bloodlust marker). During all this time my opponents Legionnaires managed some dammage on their wall, but couldn't bring it down.

Next my strategy of getting Morebane to the top of the ruins failed miserably as Theracus had to be used to get those pesky Legionnaires off the Thorian Glyph and was killed in the process.

All I had left at this point was my Samurai, Morsbane, and one Aubrien vs 10 Legionnaires, Realin, Marcu Esenwein, and Marcus (if they could free him).

The Legionnaires kept banging on the wall, and still couldn't bring it down as I charged with my Samurai and killed two more Legionnaires (maxing out the bloodlust power).

More banging on the wall by my opponent and the wall still held, allowing my Samurai to get around the center ruin and over to those banging Legionnaires (2 more go down).

Raelin enters the fray and I'm able to inflict 3 wounds. My opponent runs her away to the top of the ruin where she's unreachable.

Next round I use Morsbane and the Rod of Negation WORKS!!!!! Raelin in now practically useless, and my Samurai take down two more Legionnaires who still cannot inflict the last wound on the door.

Finally a Samurai dies, and Raelin is killed when I take over Marcu for a turn and finish her off. My remaining two Samurai dispatch the last few Legionaires (but a Samurai does die in the process) leaving only Marcu Esenwein to take down the door and free Marcus.

Morsbane and the Samurai close on Marcu and inflict 4 wounds. Marcu tries to run to the door in a last ditch effort to free Marcus but is taken down with the two free swipes I get for his leaving engagement.

My opponent at this point is wiped out and Macus is still stuck in his prison. Somehow the wall held, I kept rolling shields every time for it, but what won me the game was the Samurai. Once I got them to maximum Bloodlust they carved thru everything... they were sick!

So of course now I think they're the greatest unit ever, but like I said at the begining of this write-up I need a few more games with them to make an informed decision. Were they killed quickly, then I would have been routed.

-insert signature here-
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:04 PM

MINIONS!

500pts

nyys
Minions x2
Samurai Archers x2
Ashigaru Harquebus
Realin (RotV)
Isamu

Bengi
Nakitas
Gorillinators x2
Cyprien Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein

Mission: Kill 'em all.

Map: Hidden Lake:

All the action was in the center of the map. In fact the area on the ouside of each road was added much later and really didn't need to be as it wasn't utilized at all.

Can't remember the turn by turn (played it 5 days ago), but basically the Minions dominated with the help of Raelins defensive aura and it also helped that Cyprien missed more often than not with his chilling touch.

Once Cyprien went down around turn 4, it was academic as the Minions hacked and chopped up the Gorillinators leaving just the Nakitas to feast on (after ranged attacks took care of them... hate that engagement strike).

-insert signature here-
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:21 PM

Lava can be fun

500pts

nyys
Knights x2
Venoc Vipers x2
Sir Gilbert
Deadeye
Roman Legionnaires x1
Zombies x1

Bengi
Tarn Viking Warriors
Krav Maga Agents
Dumutef Guard x1
Armoc Vipers x1
Isamu
Venoc Warlord
Agent Carr
Guilty McCreech

Map: Reach for the Sky

Scenario (no flying):
Each side had to get as many figs as possible thru the lava field and up the tower (one point per figure who reaches the top). Three squads of Obsidian Guards were placed on the board (4 in each lava field and 1 at the top of the tower), at the end of each players turn 3 you got a free turn with any 3 OGs.

Both sides created their armys on the fly. My army composition was half decent and half terrible. Add that to my playing the 1st couple turns completely wrong in terms of order marker placement and the route was on.

Long battle report made short, had the game been finished my opponent would have won 7-0, but instead when my last fig was killed we stopped and at that point it was 1-0.

I did manage to get a couple of knights onto the tower but one was picked off by the Krav and the second was killed one space from the top by the OG that was waiting there. Argh!

It was a really fun map to play but my army and strategy would be much different were I able to do it again.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; October 13th, 2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:45 PM

MarioWarrior1 has disabled reputation
wow thats a sweet map. I love 500-point armies. One of my favorites includes:

Charros(210pts)
MarroWarriors(50pts)
Raelin(80pts)
Brunak(110pts)
and another 50pts focused on any cheap squads for glyphs.
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM

Road to Death

500pts

nyys
4th Mass X2
Templars x2
Drake (RotV)

Bengi
Aubriens x2
Cyprien
Sonya
Me-Burq-Sa
Isamu
Ornak

Map: Highways and Dieways

Scenario: Kill em All

What a great map. This was our first time using one of the BoV maps, and we were not dissapointed.

The match swung both ways until almost everything on the board was dead. This was my 1st time using any of the figures in my army and with the abundance of road it was easy to get use out of the Galloping Charge for the Templars. They were able to kill off Ornak and a couple Aubriens before being cut down early. They were fun to use, but for the cost they seem a bit too easy to kill.

I also found out why everyone likes the 4th mass so much. Bengi decided to land Cyprien on a glyph that was surrended by them with height. A little Wait the Fire later and dead vampire stew.

Now the tides turned severly. Moving up with his Aubriens Bengi began the massacre of the 4th mass and the remaining Templars. Suddenly the match was turning.

Enter Sergeant Drake. Along with the lone 4th Mass soldier I had left, they were able to finish off the Aubriens and a final climactic battle between Drake and Me-Burq-Sa left the battlefield with one 4th Mass and a Drake with 3 wounds.

Whew. Great match, great map, great fun.

I think the final VPs would have been 500 to 469 according to the way we'll count in our upcoming tourney.

-insert signature here-
Old March 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM

RTFC

500pts

nyys
Krug
Brunak
Swog Rider x3
Arrow Gruts x2
Krav
Isamu

Bengi
Venoc x3
Venoc Warlord
Armoc x1
Cyprien
Sonya

Map: Arctic Highway

This emoticon can sum up this match real quick for me.

For whatever reason I was convinced that the bonding for the Arrow Gruts was with an Orc Champion not a Beast. Yes you can see where this is going, I was putting markers on Krug and the Swog riders. It was bad.

I started off OK, I got on the range +4 glyph and the Krav started picking off Vipers in droves. But then Bengi made some really good strategic moves forcing my Kravs to not move in order to avoid adjacency to the Vipers. A frenzy or two later and no more Krav.

Next the Viper Warlord and some of his fellow vipers made it to my side of the board and over to Krug. As I said I was playing the Arrow Gruts bonding all wrong so I wasn't getting the number of attacks I could have.

Krug did do some dammage, but then Cyprien flew in and when the D20 is going well for the roller, it's bad news for me. An 18 and 19 on consecutive turns and both Krug and Brunak were removed from play very quickly.

After that it was academic... huge blowout for the 'bad guys'.

-insert signature here-
Old March 12th, 2008, 02:55 PM

More Frenzy Death

500pts

nyys
Minions x2
Raelin (RotV)
Isamu
Ashigaru Harquebus x1
Samurai Archers x2

Bengi
Aubriens x2
Cyprien
Sonya
Me-Burq-Sa
Isamu
Ornak

Map: Home Made, VS pic coming

This match could have easily gone my way had I won initiative at the right times or if Bengi's Aubriens didn't keep frenzying. But that's the way it goes, you need to be able to adjust and I didn't.

My Minions were doing their Miniony things early. Chopping away at the competition and would I have got initiative on the 1st turn of the 2nd round I would have been able to surround Cyprien with height and having the A+1 glyph. Four attacks with skulls counting as two hits each from 3 Minions would have cut Cyprien down easily. Unfortunately Cyprien went 1st, flew up to Raelin (who was supporting my Minions) and killed her outright.

Over on the other side of the board my Samurai archers were holding their own but couldn't hold up against the 3x frenzying Aubriens.

After the last archer was disposed of the Minions were left out in the cold. With their move of only 4 and the Aubriens ability to move around much more easily even with 6 defense dice (for the Minions) it was just a matter of time.

From there it was just a case of running the Ashigaru around until they were cut down as well.

A little bad luck and a little poor play killed me on this one.

-insert signature here-
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nice Report! Those games were a ton of fun.

And before anyone asks, I asked him if the orc had bonding because I though they did, and he said they didn't. Having never really played orcs before, I wasn't sure so I went with it. Might have been an interesting game, maybe we'll do a rematch sometime. . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports