Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old November 9th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Secret Santa 2015!

It's time for Secret Santa 2015! Here's hoping for a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! And secret gifts!

The Rules

If you want to participate, here's how it works:
  • Send me your name, shipping address, and a wish list by MIDNIGHT CST on Saturday, November 28th. I'll keep a running tally in this thread of who is participating.
  • When you send your wish list, make sure it has a number of items of varying prices. That way anyone can get you something from your list no matter what their financial capabilities may be.
  • On Sunday, November 29th, I will randomly pair each member up with another random participant. I will then PM each Secret Santa with the address and wish list of their recipient.
  • Each Santa will be responsible for finding a gift using their recipient's wish list as a guideline and mailing it in time to arrive by December 22nd. Keep it anonymous! It's SECRET Santa!
  • When you get your gift, you can go ahead an open it, or wait until Christmas! Please post pictures in this thread of you with your gift if you can.
  • Once everyone has received their gifts, all Santas are encouraged to post clues in their Signature to help people figure out who gave them their gifts.
We will have a cap of $50 this year. Let me clarify that this thread is about generosity and goodwill in this season. But please don't let that cap scare you away. That's a maximum to spend to keep this reasonable. If all you can afford is one booster, it's okay! The point is to celebrate the community spirit and embrace the season of giving. Again - the $50 is a CAP. It doesn't mean you are required to spend $50. But likewise, if you can only spend $10 dollars on a gift for someone else, please don't put four $30 dollar games on your own list and nothing else!

Your list doesn't have to be just Heroscape, or even games. It can really be anything you want that is legal and shippable.

And of course, Gift Certificates to Site Sponsors make great gifts if you're not sure what to send or receive.

A Note To Younger Participants

I will not turn away participation based on age - however! - please remember that by signing up for this game, you are committing to a responsibility. Get your parents' permission before you send your home address to some random dude in Texas! And make sure you can participate without any other problems (i.e. getting to the post office, getting to the store for shopping, etc). I want everyone who is interested to participate, but be realistic about your ability to do so before signing up.

A Final Word...

The whole point of Secret Santa is giving and spreading some cheer this holiday season. Don't worry so much about what you'll get back, or fret if you think your gift isn't good enough. Just do your best, and have fun! This is about doing something nice for someone else - so put on your Eladrin ears and let's get generous!

(Shamelessly copied and pasted from Scaper94.)

Last edited by MegaSilver; November 29th, 2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old November 9th, 2015, 09:00 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Secret Santa 2015! (Entries Due 11/28/15)

Participants:
1. MegaSilver
2. obfuscatedhippo
3. johnny139
4. CrazyTankster
5. dart48
6. capsocrates

Last edited by MegaSilver; November 29th, 2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old November 10th, 2015, 03:07 AM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart

I would like to participate in this Secret Santa gift giving. I will PM you my details and wish list in a bit. Sounds like a cool idea!
Old November 10th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For transparency: I have volunteered to take all of the names and wishlists that are sent to MegaSilver and handle the pairing up and notifying the participants about their targets. This way MegaSilver may participate without knowing who his Secret Santa is.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 10th, 2015, 02:24 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

I will participate and send my Wishlist PM in a few or so.
Old November 12th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Wow, not getting much traction here! I'm surprised.

I'll be sending my wishlist and official PM this weekend.
Old November 14th, 2015, 12:56 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

I'll join. Sending wishlist and PM tonight.
Old November 14th, 2015, 11:40 AM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

I'm in. I'll get a pm to you.
Old November 17th, 2015, 11:58 PM

List updated. Check to see if you're on it!
Old November 23rd, 2015, 11:44 PM

Sorry that I have not sent in my list yet. Once I do, are we only at 6 participants?
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Sorry that I have not sent in my list yet. Once I do, are we only at 6 participants?
Yep.
Old November 24th, 2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Yep.
Are we still a "GO" with just 6 of us?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online