Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 1st, 2020, 09:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - New Map - 3/22/20

Eww.

One more left to delete. Unfortunately, my mod powers do not extend this far. @quozl , it looks like there's one left!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 1st, 2020, 09:13 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It must have got that one in while I was banning it. All good now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 28th, 2020, 09:30 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Finished this. Now every map and .pdf are correct. Made a few more changes:

Notable Changes:
  • Reverted Riot (I accidentally allowed myself more concrete 2 hexes than come in the set and built the latest version with that. So with that corrected, the build cannot be left as I wished. Still good!)
  • Major changes to the "bowl" arena area of Dust Bowl.
  • Updated Durgeth Swamps to match ARV Workshop Submission.
  • Added Arachnid and Gauntlet to the front page. Arachnid is reworked a little bit.
  • Minor aesthetic changes and changes to support terrain for stability across all maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Have redone the pdfs and pics of nearly all maps in the OP.

Notable Changes:
  • The Hotways or the Highway renamed to Incendiary
  • Major revamp to Sabertooth Jungle
  • Slight changes to the outside of Riot around the glyphs
  • Lowered the SZ and initial road spaces of Dust Bowl
  • Once again messed with the sand area of Refraction. Also shifted all of the rock/lava area back a space to eliminate the back grass lane. Set glyphs to Kelda and Dagmar.
  • Minor aesthetic changes and changes to support terrain for stability across all maps
Old May 23rd, 2020, 12:08 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Map Updates 3

• Added The Swamps of Oighir Scath to the OP.
    Reminder that this map is ARV approved.
  • Reworked Hold Out to improve late game rotations across the map.
    Early game should also improve a little because of this rework.
  • Removed the yours/mine T-Glyphs on Picaro Isle and raised the Power Glyphs out of water to Level 1. This will allow double-spaces figures to hold the glyphs.
    Note that there are still 2 other T-Glyphs on the map.
  • Added more ladders to Dust Bowl. Some of these allow single-spaced figures to engage height on even ground. Also added some Castle Walls around the outside of the map for aesthetics.
  • Removed glyphs on Riot
  • Sabertooth Jungle renamed to Split
  • Reworked all .pdfs for consistent wording across each of my maps. Also included notes about Hive, Outcrop, and Glacier bases if they were used as Swamp Water, Shadow, or Ice instead.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 02:26 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - Map Updates 3!

Wow, Dust Bowl is quite the show stopper aesthetically! I need to build that!
I did notice it uses 49 battlements? I'm assuming the last one goes on level 6 to make it symmetrical. Might take down Fen Hydro and build this later. It looks like a nice departure from what I've been playing on the last few weeks. Nicely done sir!
Old May 23rd, 2020, 03:26 PM

Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - Map Updates 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Wow, Dust Bowl is quite the show stopper aesthetically! I need to build that!
I did notice it uses 49 battlements? I'm assuming the last one goes on level 6 to make it symmetrical. Might take down Fen Hydro and build this later. It looks like a nice departure from what I've been playing on the last few weeks. Nicely done sir!
Thank you!

My VS file is showing 50 battlements used. Pretty sure they're all there.

Of course, let me know how the games go for ya! I'm specifically curious about melee double space figures and how they fit around the ladders, although I'm not too worried about there being a space they can't attack (even if they can't move on that space necessarily).
Old June 3rd, 2020, 01:15 PM

HS2010's Maps Thread - New Map - 6/3/20

New map!

Hellsprings Rd
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 RttFF

Additional Pics/Angles/Notes:
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 3rd, 2020, 02:41 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - New Map - 6/3/20

good initial feel and the lava startzone is fun haha! First thing that pops out is to shift the Raelin perch so it doesn't cover Gerda...that would be too strong.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 3rd, 2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
good initial feel and the lava startzone is fun haha! First thing that pops out is to shift the Raelin perch so it doesn't cover Gerda...that would be too strong.
I could move the single Lava hex back a space so it's not adjacent to road.

I guess it comes down to would you rather have Raelin on Level 3 Lava Field or Level 2 Rock covering Gerda? With the glyph also on Lava Field, as the Raelin player, is it worth putting both a squaddie and Raelin at risk for a wound? As a Melee player, is it even worth contesting Gerda when you could wait for round switches where the Gerda figure gets melted? As a Range player, could you just gain height to attack Raelin?

Last edited by Sheep; June 3rd, 2020 at 03:30 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 06:45 PM

Would this be better?

Honestly, I'm just messing around with stuff amazed at how many different ways I could work just this lower section of the map with 13 pieces! I guess at this point it is just all about testing those different combinations and seeing which few* work the best.

*I am assuming there are multiple ways that work and have varying positives/negatives

Last edited by Sheep; June 3rd, 2020 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Yes I raised Wannok to the same top level so double-spaced figures could claim it.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 07:21 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I like the updated perches more, especially with that LoS blocker already covering Gerda for the most part. The map-specific glyph trap rules are great too, really gives the battlefield its own narrative.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 08:09 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I think that placement works...but I just noticed the Unique +1 glyph. I'm not sure that's necessary. It feels a bit too crowded on this smaller map with 3 power glyphs and 2 Treasure. I think Wannok offsetting Gerda is sufficient.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios