Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Choose the design you think best represents Halloween
Entry 1 9 19.15%
Entry 2 4 8.51%
Entry 3 5 10.64%
Entry 4 12 25.53%
Entry 5 9 19.15%
Entry 6 5 10.64%
Entry 7 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 21st, 2011, 10:33 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Halloween Custom Contest R1: Poll C

Please vote for the entry you feel best fulfills the following:
1. Does the entry bring out the theme of the holiday?
2. Is the entry reasonably compatible with official HS game mechanics and rules?
3. Does the entry seem balanced pointwise?
4. Is the wording of the powers reasonably compatible with official wording

The design that gets the most votes will proceed to the next round. In the event of a tie for top spot, all cards in the tie will proceed to the next round.

Contest Details and Rules

killometer

johnny139

jcmcminis

Spoiler Alert!

Heirloom

Filthy the Clown

Spoiler Alert!

faure

evisceraxe

Last edited by Lamaclown; November 7th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:51 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Halloween Custom Contest R1: Poll C

Personally, I thought none of these entries were as good as the good ones in Poll A (No offense to the designers). I chose Entry 5 because even though I thought none of these entries did a good job of bringing out the theme of Halloween, I thought #5 was a superior unit.

Old October 21st, 2011, 11:28 AM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree that these entries are not as good as others...and many of the cards are not aesthetically compatible, which is a personal must have for me. As for my vote...well I'm going with 3 though he may be under costed due to the bonding with the death knights and the ability to move the shades 6 spaces, but the card looks good and the wording is pretty good.
Old October 21st, 2011, 11:38 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
I agree that these entries are not as good as others...and many of the cards are not aesthetically compatible, which is a personal must have for me. As for my vote...well I'm going with 3 though he may be under costed due to the bonding with the death knights and the ability to move the shades 6 spaces, but the card looks good and the wording is pretty good.
I think that you meant #2? Card 3 bonds with Badru.

I respectfully disagree about the supposed lack of theme here. With visions of undead, terrifying spirits, nightmares, and tricks/treats, this batch is every bit as competitive as the other runs.
Old October 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
I think that you meant #2? Card 3 bonds with Badru.

I respectfully disagree about the supposed lack of theme here. With visions of undead, terrifying spirits, nightmares, and tricks/treats, this batch is every bit as competitive as the other runs.
opps...I did mean #2 but #3 got the vote.

For me if a card doesn't look official I just ignore it (#5, #6, and #7 in this poll don't fit the bill). Also, points and wording are huge and if they don't fit then in my opinion they are not as competitive.
Old October 21st, 2011, 04:50 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I voted for #5. While I didn't think this group was as thematic as others, the powers were rather unique. (I mean this in a good way) #5's great card design (orange Valkrill skull, ghost face in background) clinched my vote for this group.
Old October 21st, 2011, 05:09 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
#5's great card design (orange Valkrill skull, ghost face in background) clinched my vote for this group.
It is more than just an orange skull. It is a pumpkin carved in the likeness of the Valkrill logo (you have to click on the image to view it in greater detail).
Old October 21st, 2011, 07:41 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
and many of the cards are not aesthetically compatible, which is a personal must have for me
I would not penalize anyone from that perspective -- nor do I think that is the point of the contest.

Quote:
I agree that these capture as much of the flavor as in the other polls.
Old October 21st, 2011, 07:55 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
#5's great card design (orange Valkrill skull, ghost face in background) clinched my vote for this group.
It is more than just an orange skull. It is a pumpkin carved in the likeness of the Valkrill logo (you have to click on the image to view it in greater detail).
Even more awesome. I now realize that the smile in the background is a pumpkin as well. Impressive artwork John/Jane Doe.
Old October 21st, 2011, 07:57 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Even more awesome. I now realize that the smile in the background is a pumpkin as well. Impressive artwork John/Jane Doe.
I agree. As far as aesthetic work on a card, that one is my favorite. I love the pumpkin carved into a Valkrill skull- very creative and wonderfully executed.
Old October 21st, 2011, 08:11 PM

briaka is surprisingly tart

I reaaalllllly wanted to vote for #5. Trickster is such a cool power. BUT, OMG I can't get past the card design. I read and get why it was done, but do not like it one bit. It doesn't flow with the other HS cards. I could understand the pumpkin valkrill symbol if it were released as a special holiday edition or something, but 'leaping off the card'? Make it a 3D or prism effect instead of looking like a misprint.

I know that sounds harsh, but I'm just explaining why I didn't vote for #5.
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:08 PM

Evisceraxe is surprisingly tart

I think that if you eliminate a card based solely on looks of the card alone, then you are missing out. Each card has something unique and different to offer, so to blatantly ignore a card because it doesn't "look right" isn't really getting the point of this contest, which is to choose the card that best has the theme of the holiday.

Check out my Customs here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37016

**General Update 1-30-12

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games