Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old June 14th, 2021, 04:42 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!
Amberhive Queen Public Playtesting

-double spaced figure

-Figure photo
Spoiler Alert!

-text version of the card
Spoiler Alert!

Synergy Benefits Received

As a Queen:
Crypt Guardian

As an Insect Hero:
Amberhive Protectors
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by kevindola; June 29th, 2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old June 15th, 2021, 02:17 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Amberhive Queen Public Playtesting

To be honest, at first glance, the Queen's abilities don't look that appealing. And for the Protectors, I kinda wish the Strategic Bonding gave them +1 attack instead of +2 activations. Once the Insect Hero is dead, they lose a lot of offensive potential, as they lose the Special Attack. And the SA kills the Bees, and while that's thematic, it means the whole list just dies faster.
Old June 15th, 2021, 09:21 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
To be honest, at first glance, the Queen's abilities don't look that appealing. And for the Protectors, I kinda wish the Strategic Bonding gave them +1 attack instead of +2 activations. Once the Insect Hero is dead, they lose a lot of offensive potential, as they lose the Special Attack. And the SA kills the Bees, and while that's thematic, it means the whole list just dies faster.
I played these in the original play test tournament and have to agree. The queen died too quickly (since you have to keep her close to the bees). The +2 defense helps a bit, but it is tough to play. I will play test them again to see how they go!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 15th, 2021, 09:27 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

just a thought from play testing them the last time, The queen should be a single base so you have a chance to protect her. A double base is too hard to move and protect on most boards. Just my two cents as I start to work with her again.

Old June 15th, 2021, 10:05 AM

Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
just a thought from play testing them the last time, The queen should be a single base so you have a chance to protect her. A double base is too hard to move and protect on most boards. Just my two cents as I start to work with her again.
She is single based, no?

I feel sad we loose the interaction with other insects on this iteration. Hope to see that kind of power one day
Old June 15th, 2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
Quote:
She is single based, no?

I feel sad we loose the interaction with other insects on this iteration. Hope to see that kind of power one day
She was for the tournament, but not now, according the first post.

Last edited by Muskie; June 15th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.
Old June 15th, 2021, 02:29 PM

I know that we are not play testing the bees, but I feel that they and the queen should be in the same army. Also, a range of 5 from the queen instead of 4 would help them a lot. I might play test that idea as well and give some feedback. It would mean that range 6 figures could not just sit and shoot. way too many ranged figures with that much range. Again just sharing thoughts before I play test again. I like bug armies, so am excited to try to make it work.

Old June 15th, 2021, 03:09 PM

Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not a big fan of this unit. I dont see it bringing a lot to the table. It doesn't act as a queen or a real leadership unit beyond getting some initiative if she gets engaged... which a queen shouldnt want to be engaged.

Will try to field it, currently liking to move 6 bees instead of this unit.
Old June 15th, 2021, 05:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hey all, if you have things that you think won’t work well in a unit, feel free to run some tests to confirm your suspicions. I promise that negative feedback in tests can be helpful, and that it’s much better received than just your theoryscaping.

Thanks as always for your eyes on making our stuff successful.

Old June 15th, 2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Hey all, if you have things that you think wonít work well in a unit, feel free to run some tests to confirm your suspicions. I promise that negative feedback in tests can be helpful, and that itís much better received than just your theoryscaping.

Thanks as always for your eyes on making our stuff successful.
Sorry! I was stuck at work and have lots of thoughts! next report after a couple of play tests!

Old June 15th, 2021, 05:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Perfect!

Old June 15th, 2021, 06:34 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Hexes

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
Quote:
She is single based, no?

It was a cool interaction, but I think it was proving too powerful for what C3V aims for. If I remember correctly she increased the power level of the Red Ants to the point of them being able to go toe to toe with Knights, 10th Regiment, etc. and come out on top.

My Map Thread
Maps for Online HS
My Customs
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting