Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old January 15th, 2021, 10:44 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Sentinel)

Old January 15th, 2021, 10:49 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Professor X)

Adding Rover in seems like it would help that army a good bit handle, that seems like a solid enough build. Mutants would definitely have issues with it.

We all know Professor X, he's got some of the best bonding in the game with a strong assortment of units. Easy A+/5 for me
Old January 15th, 2021, 10:53 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

He's vulnerable to autowounders and throwers.

Aside from that it's all positive. Mutants are top notch because of him.
Old January 15th, 2021, 10:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

One of my favorite LDs and probably one of my five favorite units. I think there's enough diversity in hub leaders at this point that I'd call him A, not A+, but he's right up there. Psychic Defense X is a huge defensive power as well, but if you get him close enough to the action to use it, he can be vulnerable.

He's actually not a terrible closer either. I've had end game with him versus a full life Captain America before and he's used that special attack and Psychic Defense X to win it.

A/5.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 15th, 2021, 11:28 AM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Definitely an iconic C3G design. Professor X is one of those cards you just can’t imagine the C3G without. Angel is one of his best pairings, able to carry Prof X of up to keep him within that 10-range aura (necessary on some maps), and for the ability to rescue him in case he gets attacked.
Old January 15th, 2021, 12:16 PM

redstang rolls all skulls baby! redstang rolls all skulls baby! redstang rolls all skulls baby! redstang rolls all skulls baby! redstang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
One of my favorite LDs and probably one of my five favorite units. I think there's enough diversity in hub leaders at this point that I'd call him A, not A+, but he's right up there. Psychic Defense X is a huge defensive power as well, but if you get him close enough to the action to use it, he can be vulnerable.

He's actually not a terrible closer either. I've had end game with him versus a full life Captain America before and he's used that special attack and Psychic Defense X to win it.

A/5.

I just recently offed a wounded Super Man with his special attack at the end of a game. That was pretty epic.
Old January 15th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Tickles Pickles

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I get a lot of use out of Professor X. I think he's a solid A. Mister Fantastic has higher upside on his Leadership but it's less consistent.

Professor X, Iceman, Jean Grey, Cyclops (I), Angel and Beast are still a top tier 1000 point testing army.

C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Welcome to C3G | How to Lead a C3G Design | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Discord Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
At least you're pretty, though.
Old January 15th, 2021, 01:01 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby!

I talk way too much about Dr. Doom, and I may have brought this up before, but as with Magneto, Mental Shield makes him an excellent Professor X hunter. Doom can just move in on him, and Prof must rely on his students to save him, but can't offer them protection in return.

Once Doom moves adjacent, Professor X on his own with his move of 4 can't always escape the range of Elaborate Pit Trip, and might just end up back where he started, plus an auto-wound.

And if Doom Power Drains Professor X, Doom now has PDX and TBSA, which unlike Doom, Professor X is susceptible to.

Makes for a very appropriately scary villain, and reminds me of this old debate about which of the two would win in a Chess match and in a Presidential run:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...ssor-x-650306/

One thing I always marvel at with C3G designs is the way Move and Range values alone encourage very comic book-y exciting matchups.
For example, again with Doom and the range on his Specials, when pit against Doctor Strange and his Range/Range of specials, it really makes these characters come alive just when Theoryscaping.
These designs guarantee bombastic battles rich with character and personality.
Old January 15th, 2021, 01:08 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think that near reliance on Angel is what holds Prof X back from full A+ status. But as a 310 point block, Prof X and Angel probably qualify as A+ for me.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 15th, 2021, 05:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I'd give Prof X a 5 star rating. Double mutant turns can really scale up well when playing in higher point games where his team consist of a couple 280+ point units. Then that X reveal power can also be a game changer, taking away your opponents turns while getting 2 turns per OM yourself. It's a fine line to walk in putting him at risk and maximizing the use of the X though.
Old January 17th, 2021, 05:42 PM

Old January 17th, 2021, 05:45 PM

He's pretty fun. I wish there were a way to make him regenerate faster and at less of a cost. His cost being tied to the idea that he'll come back at least once can be pretty rough.

C/3

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project