Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old April 8th, 2020, 12:05 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hoo Boy

Oh wow, I have five campaigns going on (1 that meets very infrequently, 3 that meet once a month, and 1 that is currently meeting weekly but usually meets biweekly; DMing one of the ones that meeets once a month and the other that meets biweekly and it's the same campaign).

Not sure if I should include the DMed stuff, but I will definitely be back with updates from the other three where I am a player.

~Dysole, noting that a number of these have been going for a bit so may require some backstory first
Old April 8th, 2020, 12:08 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Letters From the Front

Yup. This group has been (with one notable early transition) consistent & weekly for almost 3 years. Two hours a week, with occasional breaks. The only long break was between January & March of this year.

It's switched back and forth between two campaigns. The only other campaign I'm in is an online play-by-post campaign I'm running: the incredible Curse of Strahd.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old April 8th, 2020, 01:12 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good luck and thanks for the update DS.
Looking forward to your tales Dysole.
I have a few myself I can post. Will dig them up.
Old April 8th, 2020, 07:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

With regards to the level 8 Druid, I am a level 4 Dwarf druid in a 5e campaign. We haven't played since January because of schedules and then because of social distancing we're not getting together.

But the DM, my buddy Brian, is setting up Roll20 for us to play on. He has played as a character on it in another group but not DM on it, so it will take a little bit for him to figure that out.

As for my druid character, I'm of the Circle of the Moon, so I have more emphasis on changing into animal form. I've been a cat and a rat for some sneaky Recon missions, but when it comes to combat, I've done well as a brown bear, with both a bite and claw attack. One time when hitting on a natural 20. I ripped a guy's head off and threw it at another enemy to do damage to him.

But lately I've embraced spells, and offensively, I have Flaming Sphere, Moonbeam and Call Lightning (which is pretty badass).

I have been pretty good at dealing damage throughout the campaign so far.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 8th, 2020, 08:23 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool Hahma. There is a Run-DMC line that reminds me of our action.
"The unbelieving receiving, prophecy so true.
I cut the head off the devil and I throw it at you."
Old April 8th, 2020, 09:11 AM

OK, here is one from 15 years, maybe closer to 20 years ago. My first character in my own RPG. Shaft was his name and killing his game.
My friend, the Healer and I were the only ones to attend every game so the campaign centered on his character and my quest to keep him alive and sometimes get him killed apparently.
This is pretty long so I will bring it into chapters.
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 8th, 2020, 09:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff Tornado!

Old April 9th, 2020, 08:44 AM

Thanks Hahma. The saga continues...
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 9th, 2020, 11:52 AM
Prickly Cactus

Bar-Bar Binks

Old April 9th, 2020, 12:21 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Wow, has it been so long since anyone posted here?

Oh well. The thread was fun for a long time. I'll catch up Del's campaign (most of the past year was Sand's, which I'll just leave aside for the moment), because that's the current one. First, though, I have a question for the two or three people reading this post:

There is a Level 8 druid in my 5E party. I am suspicious that he doesn't really know what he's doing in combat, because he seems *really* ineffective. He's fond of the one-round invisibility to get separation and Erupting Earth. He will heal sometimes, when we desperately need it.

It feels like he's a second-rate healer and a second-rate damage dealer with third-rate battlefield control effects. I'm pretty sure he's capable of more (battlefield control? something?), but I am in constant fear that if I go down, we're pretty much sunk at any high level combat. So any advice I can pass on to a Level 8 5E druid would be welcome.

The dramatis personae:

Del: That's me! A Level 8, half-elf sorcerer. At your service.
Thraag: A mighty Level 8 gnome barbarian.
Aejeon: A mediocrely mighty Level 8 druid. (See above.)
Finn: A mighty Level 8 halfling monk.

The party went on a series of adventures in & around Daggerford, clearing out nests of orcs, gnolls, and (ultimately) demon-worshipers. Something is definitely up with demons in the area.

Anyway, Sue the mostly-useless ranger got killed in a town we liberated from orcs. It was there that, as a Level 7 Sorcerer with a powerful magic item, I began to feel the power of trivializing some encounters. Orcs in guard towers can shoot us? The Staff of Tides can put fog cloud on them. Problem solved. Party pushed against the wall, spread apart and injured? Polymorph the badly wounded monk into a Great Ape, capable of mauling any bad guy anywhere near him.

It was a long night of adventuring, though, clearing out that town, and eventually Sue fell. A room of casters and hard hitters was too much for us!

Soon thereafter we encountered Aejeon, a druid who wanted to help, and we did a few more area jobs. Something wicked was going on in the area, for sure. The point was driven home when we returned to Daggerford, after one long jaunt, and the Duke rolled out a fancy feast for us. With a huge reward of gold coins!

And then, lo and behold, a seductress we'd been keeping an eye on steps out from behind the curtain, and basically tells the duke to kill us. She gave Del a quick stab with a nasty dagger, and then the Duke took out a huge magic greatsword and hit Del 3 times in a row with it. Out go the lights! Without even getting to me on the initiative tracker! Not even getting a chance to put up Mage Armor!

Luckily, Aejeon threw a heal at me, and I recovered enough hit points to come awake & cast Polymorph on both the Duke and his mysterious femme fatale advisor. As a sorcerer, I could "twin" the spell, and hit both. And, luckily, they both failed their saves. In the place of the two big bad guys, we had two small turtles!

We worked with the trusted castle lieutenant to get them stashed safely in the cells below the dungeon. Del released the polymorph on the Duke, but instead of releasing it on the femme fatale, he cast Banish on her instead. After a minute, if she was native to the prime material plane, she would come back. But if you're from somewhere else - say, one of the planes of hell - and you've had Banish cast on you, you don't come back at all. Back to hell with you! And she did not return.

By now, we are all Level 8, as I said. And Del has received word from his old friend in the Clasp, Sybil, who has asked him to lead the party to White Plume Mountain, where we can head off some adventurers sponsored by the Myriad.

So we've now reached a swampy path that should take us to White Plume Mountain, where we'll probably all die. On our way, we just encountered a very nasty group of gnoll things, accompanied by massive magic snail creatures and a giant crocodile. I attempted to trivialize the encounter again, by using Control Water from the Staff of Tides. It lets me basically throw enormous waves in bodies of water, and we were in two feet of water. So I got to turn the environment against its inhabitants. I've whooshed away 4 of the 5 bad guys, with only the giant crocodile remaining.

Wish us luck! And please give me a tip for how an 8th level Druid can make himself useful, because so far it's just Erupting Earth and occasional heals!

Spoiler Alert!
Not fresh off the pickle boat eh? That's a good line

Sounds like you don't have much confidence in going to White Plume Mountain.

I hate getting hit hard before my turn in initiative order comes up. Nasty. But at least you got healed and did th Polymorph spell to turn them into turtles. Never had any characters in our group with that spell.

Our current group of 5th level characters are:

Me, a dwarf druid with Circle of the Moon concentration.

Christie, a high elf Paladin who shoots first and asks questions later.

Ron, a half-orc Paladin who tools poorly the most in our group and is tempted to become an oathbreaker.

Brandon, a tiefling ranger, who likes to be more of an overwatch player and cover us with his bow. He has generally been the player that tends to overthink things and drag things out.

Shawn, is on there once in awhile and he's a halfling bard. He's newest to the group and has only played like 4 or 5 games of DnD total, so he's the least confident and useful to the group so far.

Old April 9th, 2020, 12:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm looking forward to it! I'd be more confident if I thought we were using our abilities to our fullest, though. Which is why I asked.

I might encourage some more Moonbeam and Call Lightning action, where those two spells are appropriate. Thanks for the suggestion, Tornado!

Hahma, we play on Roll20 over Google Hangouts. I hope you have something similar for your game.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old April 9th, 2020, 12:37 PM

Hahma made those suggestions. I have very little D&D experience unless you count the original D&D, before AD&D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games