Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 13th, 2013, 02:25 PM

UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Aquilla, Valkrill flagbearer aids:

Figures still need to be chosen, but here are blank, painted flags:
(from the Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy Miniatures Kickstarter)

Somebody needs to design & print General decal sheets. Apply, add Solvaset to squoosh 'em around the folds, seal it with Dullcote, drill a hole in the base to glue the poles, and we're done.

This set of 4 combat clips goes for $5.

Perhaps a wizard could be designed that hurls mystical energy balls for #4, maybe a Scout for #1's torch, gets a bonus in Dungeon/shadow terrain or something.

Encompassed about by mountain waves
Old April 13th, 2013, 03:14 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A stencil would all that you need for that third flag. A stencil might work for the second one too.
Old April 13th, 2013, 03:23 PM

UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dwarves need more squads.

A 28mm painted Dwarven Berserker Unique Squad, with axe-throwing Unique Hero, from the UK's em4 Miniatures.

Two problems with this set:
1) Price: including shipping to the US, it's $27.50, or $5.50 per figure--that's why it's a Unique squad!
2) It's metal, and the bases have to go. Fortunately, this is possible, with some work.

Give the 4-man squad a percentage chance to shrug off attacks and take another turn, "Berserker Frenzy," perhaps. Also, as one is killed, the others increase their base attacks (ATT 4?) accordingly:
"Battle Fury--If there is one squad figure on this card, add 1 die to Dwarven Berserkers' Attack value. If two, add 4. If three, add 6 and add four to subsequent Berserker Frenzy rolls."
The raised axe figure could be the Hero with a ranged attack.

Also, this Paizo "Dwarf Fighter", from Heroes & Monsters, could be the Dwarven flagbearer.
"You want this flag? Come and get it."
ABprices says there are 70 at Miniature Market, and Paizo lists 99+, among other sites.

Lastly, pleasepleaseplease use the Heroes & Monsters Lich. January 2012 release, and it's dwindling fast, but it's the coolest lich I've seen, and other figures could be used as proxies...

34 at Miniature Market, 6 at Strike Zone Online, 9 at Paizo, 5 at the Avengers (Superstore?), a couple at Kings of Light. 56 total, plus a few on eBay.

Valkrill needs a spellcaster with a ranged attack. Make him a Lord, and the Skeletons of Annellintia can spawn off his card as well.

Encompassed about by mountain waves

Last edited by UtahScott; April 13th, 2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Lots of lich love.
Old April 13th, 2013, 04:56 PM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Might I suggest these figures that were talked about in the Heroclix upcoming sets thread. The Heroclix N.O.W.H.E.R.E soldier looks cool, also of note are figures in the Bioshock Infinite set: I like the gold armor soldier, also the George Washington with a gold machine gun screams Heroscape, and the two turrets look Soulborgish to me.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:08 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

UtahScott: Great suggestions. I personally am against metal miniatures, but I'll drop a note in the Sanctum to see if it's a possibility. Squads that look great together are always high on my "want" list.

That lich does look fantastic, 56 is pretty low though. Hopefully more will surface somewhere.

How recognizable is that Bioshock stuff? I've never played, so I wonder if it is like Call of Duty and everyone else knows what it is. I'd love to use the Bioshock set, personally.

Great suggestions everyone, keep 'em coming.
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
How recognizable is that Bioshock stuff? I've never played, so I wonder if it is like Call of Duty and everyone else knows what it is. I'd love to use the Bioshock set, personally.
That's what I'm wondering... they're probably really recognizable to those that have played the game, but to people who haven't (i.e. me), only Elizabeth and Booker are eye-catching.

I don't think they're any more recognizable than Jonah Hex or some of the Star Wars units - clear to those "in the know" but not distractingly so. I mean, if you don't want to see the two in the middle of the bottom HERE as some Proletarian Revolutionaries, I don't know what's wrong with you.
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:42 PM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

Wait. A. Minute.

There's a prepainted, in scale mini of George Washington wielding a chain gun and we're discussing anything other than how quickly we can get him summoned to Valhalla?!

What is the world coming to?

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:46 PM
definitely (Probably)

Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Histoli View Post
Wait. A. Minute.

There's a prepainted, in scale mini of George Washington wielding a chain gun and we're discussing anything other than how quickly we can get him summoned to Valhalla?!

Gentlemen, I second this motion!

*Standing Ovation*

Sock is one week away from retirement, in
THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:01 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Wait. A. Minute.

Believe it or not, just yesterday I was having a discussion with chas and kolakoski about the potential theme break of a George Washington custom. Since heroes in Valhalla are summoned there right before they're destined to die on their own worlds, I wondered if fans would ever be an objection to Washington, who died an old man on his plantation. I guess some people would easily overlook that.

Although, I suppose one could argue that after serving in Valhalla, he was returned to Earth to win the war and die at home.
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Valentine and St. Patrick's Custom Contest Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Wait. A. Minute.

Believe it or not, just yesterday I was having a discussion with chas and kolakoski about the potential theme break of a George Washington custom. Since heroes in Valhalla are summoned there right before they're destined to die on their own worlds, I wondered if fans would ever be an objection to Washington, who died an old man on his plantation. I guess some people would easily overlook that.

Although, I suppose one could argue that after serving in Valhalla, he was returned to Earth to win the war and die at home.
I think it's an excellent explanation, (Which we are using over in Middle Earth) And would absolutely love to see George with a Chaingun.

Tournament Record:21-9 Online record:38-19
Repaints/Mods; Trade Thread; Maps
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:45 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That's going to be a sought after mini for sure. Why are you tempting my wallet with what is sure to be a $10+ mini, heroclix? I'm hoping it's a common.
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:41 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Look closely fellas, the GW has mechanical legs that cannot be explained that easily

-ZB, who thinks a GW android with a Chaingun is interesting

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs