Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 6th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Horned Skull Brutes-what's your army idea?

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old October 6th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Horned Skull Brutes-what's your army idea?

Brutes x3
Cutters x3
Kaemon
495/22

Cutters Scurry out first, followed by the Brutes who Barge into Battle (effectively 10 move under ideal cirmcumstances ). Kaemon for clean-up, and to throw a little range into the mix.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)

Last edited by Killometer; October 7th, 2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Brutes x2 (150)
Cutters x4 (350)
Cyprien Esenwein (500)
500/23
I think the optimal ratio of Cutters to Brutes might be two to one. Cutters are meant to be destroyed, brutes to last. So stock up on the expendables.

In this variation I would use the same basic strategy as killometer, except I would use Cyprien to take out my opponent's heavy hitters.
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually think that Killometer's would be a stronger build. By just killing one Bugbear, you have destroyed a sixth of their attack force. If you play squadscape, which I know you do, then you know how easy losing six figures is. With 9, the Bugbears can spare to lose one or two because some are ready to fill in, very quickly I might add. Plus, 12 Goblins is alot. With 16, I think manuverability of most of your army becomes wrecked.

I, I wanted to play for fun, would run this.

x3 Goblin Cutters-150
x3 Horned Skull Brutes-375
x1 Ogre Warhul-525

I would enjoy that army to pieces.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
I actually think that Killometer's would be a stronger build. By just killing one Bugbear, you have destroyed a sixth of their attack force.
Yea, well killometer has much more experience than I do.

But a Brute has 4D, and will benefit from having more Cutters around to sacrifice to absorb his wounds. A cutter has 1D and every spare one you have around is similar to having another Brute.

In a way I could argue that I am trading 3 Brutes for 4 Brutes. As long the cutters are near the Brutes I'll just sacrifice them when a Brute gets wounded.
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:04 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

hmmm... how about:

2 x HSBs 150
3 x GC 150 300
KMA 100 400
Syvvaris 500

22 hexes

or

2 x HSBs 150
4 x GC 200 350
2 x 10th 150 500

30 hexes

or

2 x HSBs 150
2 x GC 100 250
2 x 10th 150 400
Mind Flayer Mastermind 100 500

or

Opposites attract:

2 x HSBs 150
2 x GC 100 250
2 x 10th 150 400
Marcus 100 500

23 hexes

Yeah - that last one I like the best. So thematic! The undisciplined horde charging in en masse and throwing their lives away in their eagerness to engage with the enemy in melee, the 10th setting up a ranged option, bonding with the great leader... this would be F-U-N FUN!!!

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Last edited by CapnRedChops; October 6th, 2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Riffin on the last army... had to name it! What an ego!
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:59 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Brutes x2 - 150
Cutters x4 - 350
Insert Hero Here - ???, 23/24 hexes

Brutes x4 - 300
Cutters x3 - 450, 24 hexes
Insert Hero Here and sit a cutter - ??, 24 hexes

Insert an Iron Golem into either of these to kill the Special Attacking hero you're afraid of (preferably the first one, as you'd have to sit 2 Cutters in the second one)

Brutes x3 - 225
Deathreavers x3 - 345
Major Q10 - 495, 23 hexes

Trying to use Rats here to get the best use out of Barge into Battle that I can. Still sucks against Special Attacks - maybe pair them with a bunch of Dividers?

Brutes x4 - 300
Dividers x4 - 500, 24 hexes

??

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:06 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

ZOMG!!!!!!

Pair with Raelin, Rats, and Q-9, it'll be uber l337!!!!1111

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old October 6th, 2010, 10:28 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

150 Brutes x 2
100 Cutters x 2

A nice melee core, with Cutters acting as grubs for the brutes.

Next Generation

Old October 6th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

A bit of Barge Brainstorming (non-cutter builds)...

Brutes x2 150
Aubrien Archers x3 360
Rats x2 440
James Murphy 510, 24 spaces

Brutes x2 150
Roman Archers x3 315
Rats x2 395
Raelin 475, 24 spaces
~Brutes sound like a great second attack wave/ultimate reserve. First, send your screen out, then your archers to whittle down your opponent. Once your screen is breached, fall back with your archers until you can set up/predict a good time to unleash Barge. Add a special attacker or Raelin to fit your needs, but be mindful of your clogged start zone.
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Competitively, I think there is a lot to be said for HSB+Screen (Rats/Cutters/Dividers), but I already see a lot of those armies listed and wanted to toss in another idea.

Tag Team

3xWoB 240
2xHSB 150
AE (or KMA/Isamu) 110
500/19

Use Barge into Battle to maximize Pounce opportunities by disengaging the WoBbies. Awful matchups against large/huge figs in general and Braxas in particular, but packs more punch against medium/small figs than most armies.

~Aldin, toughing it out

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:15 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Brutes* 4
PK * 3
510/18

The phantoms can get engaged to whomever they want and allow the brutes to barrage their way into the fray.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion