Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old August 15th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Playtesting Thread

Here's an army test for Simon Belmont
Spoiler Alert!

Simons army wins with Simon and Charos remaining. Simon was able to use Whip on a few non-undead figures and was able to use Vampire Hunter on one Phantom Knight. His presence did cause the opposing forces to adjust their strategy to minimize Simon's chances against Undead figures. Simon definitely plays up to his 120 against this type of army. If time permits later tonight, I'll try it against an army with no Undead figures.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; August 16th, 2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Corrected poor typing.
Old August 15th, 2010, 10:46 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Its good to see Simon perform well in an army. I was hoping to get to play this weekend but it just didnt happen.
Old August 16th, 2010, 03:00 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Simon Belmont army test 2 - Opposing army has no Undead figures
Panopticon's Burial Marsh

Simon Belmont, Syvarris, Brandis Skyhunter, Warriors of Ashra, Greater Ice Elemental vs. DW9000, DW8000, Zettian Guards, Deathstalkers, Deathreavers, Dumutef Guard
Spoiler Alert!

Simon fell in the 9th round of a real slugfest. He seemed to acquit himself decently against an army with no Undead figures. I still don't think he quite plays up to his 120 point cost in this sort of situation, but I feel if we lower his points, he would overpowered against the Undead.

Simon Belmont: PASS at 120 points.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:38 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

OK I finally got to do the army playtest for Simon.
The results... inconclusive.

I won't go into too many details but out of 3 games Simon never made it past the third round (in 2 games he didn't make it past the 2nd turn of the 2nd round). However, this had nothing to do with Simon's stats. It was all because of the dice.

The Armies:

Simon Belmont
KoW x2
4th Mass x2

Cyprien
Zombies x2
Stingers x2
Isamu

For clarification in the following, I do not classify a "bad" roll (i.e. rolling only one shield when you need 4) as a wiff. To me, a wiff is when you roll absolutely nothing of what you need.

Out of the 3 games Simon was attacked a total of 8 times. He completely wiffed his defense roll a total of 4 out of those 8 (in one game he had 4 wounds and was rolling five defense dice against 1 skull- wiff, then he was dead).

Out of the 3 games he attacked a total of only 4 times (because he kept dying before he could really do anything) and he wiffed those attacks a total of 3 times- yes, he completely wiffed 75% of his attacks.

So, after three dismal games I gave up in frustration with my rolls for Simon. Simon's performance had nothing to do with his design.

It is the Lamaclown Curse in action. My friends just sort of snicker every time I pick up any of the dice because they know I will roll all skulls....... if I am defending

If I base it on just the previous tests I concur with mac122- he is most draftable against an army that has undead in it.

Based on those tests: Simon Belmont: PASS @ 120 points.
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:24 PM

Here's a card for Buffy

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; November 7th, 2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Replaced image with Hi-Res version
Old August 30th, 2010, 04:55 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Has anyone had a chance to do anymore testplaying. I havent actually been able to do any form os 'Scaping for a while I have been so busy.
Old August 30th, 2010, 05:02 PM

I hoping to get something done with Dr. Who this week so I can try out Agent J in the near future. I just finished cleaning off my game table (trying to get more organized yeah, right) so it's clear for a new map build.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 30th, 2010, 05:16 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Has anyone had a chance to do anymore testplaying. I havent actually been able to do any form os 'Scaping for a while I have been so busy.
There is a chance that I might have the possibility to maybe play a game this coming weekend but nothing definite.
Old September 7th, 2010, 02:22 AM

Dr. Who playtests: The Doctor vs. Heroes
Had to try out the home-made Thaelenk Tundra I just finished, so all battles were on Arctic Divide from the BoV. Played with normal ice and light snow.

The Doctor faced off against Sir Denrick, Agent Carr, and Syvarris, winning all 3 matches. Carr was the only opponent that came close to defeating The Doctor.

No glyphs were used for the Hero battles, so Sonic Screwdriver did not come into play.

Brilliant was amazingly effective. If I counted correctly, Brilliant was 13/15, obviously well above probabilities.

Run! helped the Doctor control the game and usually set up an attack with Brilliant.

The Run!/Brilliant combo was much more effective than I had imagined. IMO, even if Brilliant's rolls had been closer to the 50/50 you'd expect, Run! still would have helped the Doc and prolonged the game long enough for Doc to whittle away with Brilliant.

I know it's only the Hero tests, but at this point, Dr. Who looks a little underpriced at 100. If time permits, I will have some squad tests posted tomorrow evening.

Spoiler Alert!

-------------
Dr. Who Squad Tests and 1 additional Hero test
BoV Map: Arctic Divide

Dr. Who is a squad-killing machine. The Run/Brilliant combo proved super-effective again.

The Snipers were able to score 3 wounds thanks to some failed Run rolls, but Brilliant denied defense rolls and took them out relatively quickly.

Brilliant was just as effective against the Krav - especially since Stealth Dodge didn't even come into play.

I did finally find someone around 100 points who could take out the Doctor 1 on 1 - The Feral Troll. His Regenerate ability constantly removed the one wound that Brilliant could inflict. The Doctor's only chance was to gain high ground and hope for 2 skulls with each normal attack. The only other option was for the Doctor to continually move around the battlefield not allowing the Troll to engage then wait for boredom to set in with the players.

Spoiler Alert!

Even with the Troll's success, at this point, I still think Dr. Who is either underpriced or overpowered. I'm going to try to get an army battle in tonight before bedtime.

--------------

Army Test
BoV map: Arctic Divide. Glyphs: Nilrend and Wannok
Dr. Who, Agent Carr, Sir Denrick, Omnicron Snipers, Krav Maga vs. Sonlen, Syvarris, Major Q10, Feral Troll
A long, 10 round battle came down to Dr. Who vs. Major Q10. Doc didn't have the amazing success with Run or Brilliant this time around, though it did keep him and some of his friends in the game longer. The Doctor is vulnerable to specials that place a wound without an attack. Sonlen's Dragon Swoop was able to hit Doc on occasion. Feral troll fell before having a chance to go after the Doctor.
Spoiler Alert!

Edit:
Random thoughts...
... Dr. Who would be absolute murder against the Deathwalkers.
... High-life heroes and Negation may be the best defense against the Brilliant/Run combo.

After all the tests, I still believe Doc is underpriced. Maybe not as much as I originally did. Somewhere around 120, maybe slightly more. Hopefully someone else will get a chance to test the Doc and perhaps that will give us a better handle on the points.

I'll add my Theme Test thoughts tomorrow evening. Too late tonight...head tired...eyes heavy...almost dozing off at keyboard...

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; September 9th, 2010 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Added Squad tests to this post.
Old September 7th, 2010, 11:58 PM

Edit: Added the squad tests to the previous post. I'll add the army tests there as well.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; September 9th, 2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old October 8th, 2010, 12:48 AM

Agent J Playtests
Agent J vs. Heroes

I used Mad Wookie's Kaltengeist map for these tests. It's not BoV, but it is a well-designed map with many LOS blockers and challenging terrain. I found it a little tough on double space figures, but it was a fun map.

I pitted Agent J against Sir Dupuis, Major Q10, Kaemon Awa (2 battles), and the Fen Hydra. Though beat up, J defeated bothe melee figures. The ranged heroes, however, handed J his lunch. The multiple, ranged attacks were too much for J in these one-on-one tests.

Taunt and Neuralyzer did not come into play in these tests. Neuralyzer may see some testing vs. squads, but Taunt likely won't see action until the army tests.

Early thoughts: I know it's only the hero tests, but J doesn't feel right. One-on-one fights should be where he shines (think J vs. the Bug at the end of the original movie). Though, that was a melee fight and J did well in those tests.

Spoiler Alert!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:53 PM

Sorry, double posted- my computer farted.
See next post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum