Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:16 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
How many times do you hear or see people in California or Oregon or New York makes statements about how their vote doesn't really matter?
The correct answer is many, many, many, many times. If I had a nickel for how many times I heard fellow Oregonians say this, I'd have a lot of nickels. I mean if the argument is it gives more rural voters a say, then I guess the rural voters of Oregon, California, and Washington don't matter? (Admittedly, here in Oregon there is talk about how the entire eastern part of the state is drowned out by the needs of Portland.) I think it's worth discussing, but there is a lot more land out east. It's just much less densely populated.

~Dysole, dealing with demographics
Old November 23rd, 2016, 06:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Decision 2016

The rural argument, like so many others, is post-hoc and bull****. You know who has the second-most electors per voter? The 100% urban District of Columbia, that's who.

Urban population percentage is negatively correlated with ratio of EVs to population, but not by much. And of course, this ignores that the ratio of EVs to population has almost no correlation to actual voting power. The most powerful voters in 2016 were in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, not Wyoming or D.C. or Vermont.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 10:44 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Voter power and electoral power are two different things. Voter power is lowered if a state has more uniform political views and raised if the outcome is uncertain.

I am in agreement that the swinging of winner-take-all for a state is bad. Eliminating that gets rid of basically every voter power issue while still ensuring equal representation for states
Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:29 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Can you please explain what solution you would like to see then?

Because you seem to mostly agree with me on the problems so I have a difficult time understanding why you are arriving at some different conclusion as to what the solution is. You seem to be advocating for some hybrid system that perpetuates the problems I am laying out.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:21 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I think a push for proportional allocation by state, with current distribution of electoral votes maintained, would be fine. I don't see how that perpetuates the problems. You seem to be a weird spot where you only look at the bad consequences of the electoral college and the positives of a pure popular vote, which I guess is easier given that we only have the electoral college elections as a reference. Anyway, I think where we differ is that I'd rather have the current system than a pure popular vote
Old November 24th, 2016, 01:26 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I agree with vegi.

I do not want to rely on popular vote, as the President would be chosen by only a few states with the highest populations. States like California. New York, etc. Hell, there wouldn't likely ever be a republican elected again.

I'm not positive that I have a complete handle on the workings of it all but the EC system is supposed to insure that all the states pick our President, not all the people. We are the United States of America after all, not the United People.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old November 24th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The two America's of 2016

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...rds=AudDevGate

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Not sure why Ivanka is there

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/...eign-dignitary

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 24th, 2016, 03:32 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The electoral college is very important. I don't want New York, California and Texas picking all our presidents.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old November 25th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The concept that each person's vote should count the same is not so strange.

More on fake news: We're being manipulated by a foreign power. Link.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old November 26th, 2016, 01:19 AM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

The relative level of concern about the Clinton Foundation over the course of the campaign was really pretty amazing. All people ever really came up with was that the access the donors had to the Clintons "raised concerns", despite no credible evidence of any sort of quid pro quo on any issue. And really, the idea that giving money to a highly rated charity was a means of bribery was always a bit of a stretch.

Meanwhile, Trump has obvious and actual meaningful conflicts of interest. The true extent is hard to know because his financials are more opaque than any president in modern history.

I've been lurking on this thread mostly, but wanted to pipe in with the one story that concerned me (but not enough not to support Hillary) about the Clinton foundation.

There was an episode of last week tonight that brought up a story I had not heard about and I later looked up more stories to support it. If you want to know more I'll edit a link to the episode in (just type in last week tonight raisins and you should get it).

Cliff notes version. Under Secretary of State Hilary Clinton the US sold a Uranium mine to a company in Russia. So what? Apparently her foundation around that time received money from a Russian source that had a vested interest in the deal. (it was a while since I saw it so watch the video for more accuracy)

Concerning? Yes.
Altogether wrong? No.

Again for anyone who wants to know this is what concerned me. Does it prove wrongdoing? No, not enough for me not to support her, but it still is something to look at.
EDIT: Link to show:

Hmmm was not expecting to put the video in like that...

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; November 26th, 2016 at 01:25 AM. Reason: I'm not entirely how to do the links embedded so here they are unembedded
Old November 27th, 2016, 09:24 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thoughts on the vote recounts that are being pursued?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General