Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old September 24th, 2019, 09:25 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [AotV] Theme, Lore, and Thormun's Journal

Bringing over a piece of relevant discussion from the Cryptolith Destructible Object thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Pillars of Height sounds silly, but Pillars of Hár almost sounds like they’re built to worship someone. A god? An archkyrie of times past? That is workable.
Ironically, Hár is just the first thing that popped up when I looked up the Norse word for height.

Some kind of long-forgotten god (probably an Archkyrie before more people discovered the wellsprings in the modern times of Valhalla) sounds like an interesting concept.
And from Tornado over in the Ob Nixilus thread about the possibility of explaining why a Kyrie could have a tail:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Could be a recessive gene. Perhaps all Kyrie had tails at one point.
Maybe he drank from from a tainted Wellspring.
Perhaps he made a deal with a demon and the tail is it's mark.
You all are creative enough to find justification and it will probably lead to a really cool design.
Though Darklord Demon does sound pretty cool.
Good stuff, really interested in how this one turns out.
How do we feel about potentially linking these two together? Kyrie or not, having some evil force that was sealed away years ago but is now returning sounds like a very HeroScape-ish plot. Having him be a Valkyrie from long before that really became a thing with Thormun could also be an interesting take on the idea, and since Utgar let people like Cyprien drink from the wellsprings, it wouldn't necessitate creating a new general either.
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:00 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the plot. It even follows the idea someone had of the Crypoliths pointing to a crypt. Maybe the scenarios could be about a race to an evil crypt?

Utgar and Valkrill’s forces are racing to the crypt, with the Alliance trying desperately to stop them from awakening whatever evil lies inside. And Vydar is closely watching, with the goal of using whatever the outcome is to gain a larger foothold in Valhalla.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 25th, 2019, 01:15 PM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart

How about this:

The expedition to the Sea of Sand, though it diverted from the war effort, had paid off nicely in the form of some forgotten artifacts from an unknown
time. The strange twisted towers had proto Kryie writing etched along its
surfaces which spoke of an rare astronomical alignment with the planet which
with some further inquiry with the general pointed to a time in the near future.
But what would happen? Strange coincidence in finding this now. And the
strange happenings and effects of these warped structures:

Memory loss,distortion, loss of time, changes in mental and physical abilities, warped or nullified powers and even claims of teleportation between these structures in the wastes.

The time has come for the alignment event, and we are not alone as others have found us and the towers, and are waiting for what is to come...

-<Faction Researcher - Journal#375>

When the alignment was due, the towers opened rips in reality and from them came the new comers...

Few looked like the humans from Earth and the known places but the rest....
from realms or dimensions that even the Kyrie could not fathom.
All with strange new abilities and no fixed allegiance... yet..

Some battled with each other upon arrival as if instinct demanded as such, as the
fearsome hulking dark mauve creature. Upon its arrrival it crushed squads of Zettian Guards like paper and tossed them like game pieces upon a child's gameboard.

Another .. A winged demonic entity radiating terror and despair ....Simply cracked a leathery faced smile at the spectacle of mayhem and rifts and departed to places unknown.

The rifts and the alignment has passed but the rifts still open and close with no rhyme nor reason... releasing unknown boons and unknown terrors.

One thing was certain, what was discovered in the Sea of Sand would
shift the balance of power, for who.... it would be hard to say.

-<Faction Researcher- Journal#378>

Last edited by Fakeraistlin; September 25th, 2019 at 10:51 PM.
Old September 25th, 2019, 01:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice work, @Fakeraistlin .

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 25th, 2019, 02:12 PM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Nice work, @Fakeraistlin .
Thanks!
Old September 25th, 2019, 05:36 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

This sounds good to me.
Old July 10th, 2021, 02:07 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Copying this over from the recent scenario discussion for further consideration on the underlying story of AotV:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
The basic premise to me right now is that there is a wellspring (or some other mysterious signal) emerging in the Sea of Sand, leading the Valkyrie generals to send in forces to claim it. Along the way, they come across the mysterious Pillars of Hár and end up stumbling across some kind of an "inverted" dimension or a similar explanation for the Weird tiles. This dimension is where Ozuul and the space shrimp live, leading to a climactic battle to stop him from escaping into Valhalla.

I don't necessarily want to do a full Swarm of the Marro-style campaign of scenarios, though, especially since it would probably come at the cost of development for standalone experiences like in RotV, but that's the basic framework that I was imagining thus far. We could probably represent this decently well with some initial battle scenarios that can be played in any order, along with a battle to stop Ozuul's forces from escaping the weird dimension.
We could of course outline more of this to form a full campaign if we wanted, explaining where some stuff like the Velnesh came from or individual motivations more.

In terms of where we fit in the timeline of HeroScape's story, I'd prefer for us to set AotV after Vydar's betrayal. This sets an interesting backdrop with the alliance of generals threatening to break apart, Utgar and Valkrill battling each other for domination, and Vydar acting as a shadowy force with his own agenda.
Old July 15th, 2021, 01:32 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not entirely sure where Vydar's Betrayal sits in the timeline honestly, I'm fuzzy on the story. But this sounds good, it's what I had imagined as well.

I think a good way to balance scenario and standalone is to tie AotP only pieces to a scenario that's carried over 1-3 maps. With plenty of evil aligned figures in the set, you could have the first map solely being some pillars and some of the random evil units. Second map could be the heroes arriving at the centre of the rituals/summonings, with the Liliana figure and Velkhor causing it all, maybe alongside the zombies or a set of shrimp. Final map is the heroes stepping into the portal as it's too late, and dealing with Ozuul and some shrimp. We could change it a bit from previous scenarios by having all the good aligned pieces available in a small pool, but could also do something like BftU with set figures.

There could even be just one scenario that uses two maps, with the two dimensions in play at the same time, and using a couple of the glyphs permanently face down acting as portals to each map.
Old July 26th, 2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
I'm not entirely sure where Vydar's Betrayal sits in the timeline honestly, I'm fuzzy on the story. But this sounds good, it's what I had imagined as well.
Vydar left the alliance in the last Dungeon Adventure around the time that D&DScape ended. I'd be happy with putting ourselves in a fuzzy area post-betrayal but allowing for some leeway on the exact timeline.

Quote:
I think a good way to balance scenario and standalone is to tie AotP only pieces to a scenario that's carried over 1-3 maps. With plenty of evil aligned figures in the set, you could have the first map solely being some pillars and some of the random evil units. Second map could be the heroes arriving at the centre of the rituals/summonings, with the Liliana figure and Velkhor causing it all, maybe alongside the zombies or a set of shrimp. Final map is the heroes stepping into the portal as it's too late, and dealing with Ozuul and some shrimp. We could change it a bit from previous scenarios by having all the good aligned pieces available in a small pool, but could also do something like BftU with set figures.
Some kind of a campaign could be good, though I think that we should aim to have each scenario be somewhat standalone and widely replayable. Ozuul and the Shrimp make sense as a "must-draft" for the final battle, but I'd prefer to limit specific figure-usage a bit if possible other than that. Staggering the unique terrain elements could be a good enough way to build a sense of progression.

We could do some story-related scenario limits like "Player 1 can only draft figures from Jandar, Ullar, Einar, and Aquilla" or something along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
There could even be just one scenario that uses two maps, with the two dimensions in play at the same time, and using a couple of the glyphs permanently face down acting as portals to each map.
I like this idea a lot. Some kind of split board could make for a very memorable scenario, and the cardboard mats' breadth make a good opportunity for it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs