Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old October 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Top 10 Most Frequently Overlooked (yet [ab]used) Rul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...en+Fire&page=2 has a copy of the official ruling.
... No need to declare move "0"
You and me both, ...
OK, OK, I'll join the hall of shame.
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:34 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
I stand corrected,

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...en+Fire&page=2 has a copy of the official ruling.

Move X figures
Attack with those that did move - If less than a full card moved then;
Attack with remaining figures to satisfy card activation limit.
No need to declare move "0"
Woo Hoo! I got something right!

-insert signature here-
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Super essential list, Jexik!
Good stuff.
Old October 17th, 2008, 12:00 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Excellent article and reminder! I would also add another couple of differences between swamp water and normal terrain - if you fall into swamp water, you do not have to roll for falling damage. Also, the Obsidian Guards are negatively impacted by it due to their Weakness (not that anyone will play them....). Basically, swamp water is exactly the same as water, except it doesn't stop hinder movement.
Actualy, you do have to role for fall damage when you fall into swamp.

From the SotM rule book.

Quote:
Falling: When a figure moves down to a much lower level, it may get wounded. (falling rules do not aplly if a falling figure falls into a water space from any level. However all falling rules aply if a figure falls onto a swamp water space.)
Old October 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Great list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
1. You cannot move through your own engaged figures.
Yep, even the most experienced players will forget about this one from time to time. A couple other things to remember about moving through your own (or friendly) figures...

If another friendly figure is standing on a glyph, you cannot move through it. (Because the figure you are moving must stop on the glyph; but it can't since the glyph is occupied.) The same is true for special rules of the terrain that the friendly figure is standing on. For example, your figure can't move through a friendly figure that is standing on a water space (unless the figure moving has an SP like Slither or Water Suit).

Last edited by GaryLASQ; October 17th, 2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old October 17th, 2008, 12:55 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
Quote:
Excellent article and reminder! I would also add another couple of differences between swamp water and normal terrain - if you fall into swamp water, you do not have to roll for falling damage. Also, the Obsidian Guards are negatively impacted by it due to their Weakness (not that anyone will play them....). Basically, swamp water is exactly the same as water, except it doesn't stop hinder movement.

From the SotM rule book.

Quote:
Falling: When a figure moves down to a much lower level, it may get wounded. (falling rules do not aplly if a falling figure falls into a water space from any level. However all falling rules aply if a figure falls onto a swamp water space.)
Wow, nice. There's one I've missed for a while now - good catch! At least I was right about the Obsidians though (yeah, because that matters...)

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Not that you need to but if you ever think about expanding it how about:
You may still roll for counterstrike even if your opponent has rolled no skulls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
It's a great list, Jexik. The only one I might add would be that you have to roll all of your allowed dice when attacking or defending.
<RR>
Good call guys. I tried really hard to squeeze this into 10, but I kept thinking of more. Just take a look at number 4! Maybe if I expand this after NHSD I'll do away with the 'top 10' and just try to keep it as useful and relevant as possible.

This is important when playing with Deathreavers too- they probably benefit more than Samurai. The point Rev brings up also comes up when you try to attack your own Krug, or you're going for a Maul/Lethal Sting with a glyph or height. (For what it's worth though, I can think of very few situations where the best move is to attack my own Krug or give up an attack die... maybe if you're trying to Sting the Hulk).

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:
Adjacency is determined by that same Height-1 criteria. The main difference between adjacency and engagement is that you're never engaged to friendly figures. Adjacency is the only criteria for making an attack with Range 1.
This one got me!
So does this mean, A monk that is elevated by 6 levels could attack an arrow grut on level one, as they are adjacent?
Could he still attack the grut if the monk were elevated by 10 levels or higher? On a castle?
Added a short bit to point 7 about adjacency being mutual. Again these are my own words, and might not form an especially rigorous definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; October 17th, 2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:31 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
Quote:

From the SotM rule book.

Quote:
Wow, nice. There's one I've missed for a while now - good catch! At least I was right about the Obsidians though (yeah, because that matters...)
Don't forget about the microcorp agents and the marro warriors. They benfit being in swamp.
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I've decided to print out a few copies of these and have them available during registration for Scapers to peruse. (And of course will keep these on hand, along with LongHeroscapers' cards and the Official FAQ, throughout the day.)

Great work--thanks!
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fantastic list! I'd +rep you if I could... I need to spread some more love around.

Quote:
3. Leaving engagement swipes are optional. You don't have to roll against your opponent's Krug or your own Marcu Esenwein if you don't want to.
This one is news to me and certainly very useful! Great summary!
Old October 17th, 2008, 02:53 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
1. You cannot move through your own engaged figures.
Good, then I'll still have the element of surprise when Shiori assassinates half your army tomorrow

Great article, Jexik. As always, your articles are very informative.
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM

felnar is surprisingly tart

i have a quick question related to #5 (clear sight)
Raelin's aura ability says "within 4 clear sight spaces of Raelin"
does that mean Raelin has to see any part of the other figure, or the other figure has to see any part of Raelin?

and i never realized that a Fyorlag Spider on the inside of a RttFF wall can't be attacked by Su-Bak-Na on the outside.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's