Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Things I'm not doing

Some things I'm not (as a rule) doing:
1. Answering every question. I miss some, I don't have immediate answers for some, and I simply can't answer some.
2. Creating summaries. Some kind of clear "unanswered questions" list would be useful to me, and I'm sure a list of answered questions would be helpful to you guys. But, I don't have enough hours in a day to do either - sorry.
3. Responding to private messages. I appreciate the messages, but to preserve sanity and make sure everyone has access to the same information, I'm not, in general, going to respond to them.

And now, time to prep for our distributor conference tomorrow (where we'll be showing Heroscape to them for the first time!).
Old January 23rd, 2008, 10:20 AM

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
Well one question that I've seen us ask more than a few times is about the already completed figures for the Aquilla's Alliance set. Can we expect to see them eventually, somewhere?

I hope this one gets answered. It's really the only main question that I have left, he's answered pretty much every other important question that I can tell. So thanks, Paul.
Yes. We'll definitely release all of them. I don't have a timeline yet, but it will happen.
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:03 PM

Re: Paul:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom
To Paul:

1. Comment: Thanks again for the interaction.

2. Question: Are hard to find exclusives (Elite Onyx Vipers) and promos (Nerak) ever going to be made available to the public at large? (Want badly, but not $79 badly.) (edit.. i see now that the promo Q has been adressed. Are EOV's promo?)

3. Comment & Suggestion: The reason buying multiple copies of RotV has been important to my group of friends are as follows 1.LOTS of hexes. 2. Lots of figures to modify. 3. Extra dice n' ruins. The only reason why we'd ever buy an extra RotV was if we wanted more stingers. A new master set that we would buy over and over would have to have 1. LOTS of hexes, 2. Lots of COMMON figures. 3. Extra objects n' junk.

4. Have you guys considered point valued artifacts? (we've got some "custom upgrades" that can be drafted and equipped onto heroes.)
1. Thanks.
2. We'd have to do some serious thought before we'd consider doing that. On the one hand, they were released as exclusives. On the other hand, $80 is way too much to have to pay for a mini.
3. Reading you loud and clear.
4. Could be interesting.
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
I have a ton of questions but will just ask the one that keeps coming up in my head...

1-Will store exclusives be discontinued or will they be remade (i.e. Volcarrean Wasteland and Flagbearers)
We're not discontinuing anything at this time.
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordain
My question is "Will there ever be a point where WotC will say 'Okay guys, no need to make Wave X anymore.'?" Not "Will they start putting waves 1-7 back on shelves?" (Yes) or "Will you guys repackage HS as a new game when you run out of ideas?" (No), but "Will there ever be a point where you cease production of a line?"
The answer to this is "at some point, yes." We already know that there are some packs that we can no longer reprint, because nobody would buy them. However, that doesn't mean that we have to take an entire wave off sale - I'm sure we can figure out a way to provide more Soulborgs without any more Nakitas.
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Just feel like echoing this post and saying welcome to IntheHood. That was a pretty brave "gamer funk" first post you made. I can't quite put my finger on it but I think I know what you mean. I hope the transition for Heroscape doesn't leave the kid factor in the dust. My son and I have both enjoyed this game equally over the last three years.
I have to echo this as well. I play with my daughters, and it's one of the few pasttimes that we all can enjoy together. The family-friendly (i.e., not overly dark) mythos and the mass-market distribution make it easy for me to want to keep purchasing this product.
We don't want to change the kid factor either. Wal*Mart's still important to us, and kid-friendly is important to Wal*Mart.
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
wotcpbarclay, I'm not sure if you've seen any of the other threads of WotC suggestions (of course there are many). But If not, I wanted to point you in the way of "Dungeonscape", and ask if something like this would be possible to produce down the line?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=asc&start=120
That's exactly what I was imagining a Heroscape dungeon to look like.
Old January 24th, 2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I would like to know what WotC and Hasbro think of the Nakita problem. Do you guys feel that a) the packaging didn't seem impressive enough on the shelf or b) the female figures and half-naked male figures just isn't what the average 12-year-old-boy was looking for or c) the pack was intended, but failed, to attract female players or d) the Nakitas visual design itself was the problem?
My feeling is that (e) the pack and the wave weren't built optimally. A unique Soulborg hero in that pack would have made it sell much better, IMO, and I think having two Soulborg boosters hurt it a little. I think the sculpts/paint could be better, but that's not the major issue.
Old January 24th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man
wotcpbarcley: So, how did the distributor conference go?
Well. We showed off a giant terrain setup, which got people pretty excited, and were able to talk to all of our distributors about Heroscape. Some of them already carry it, and they were pointing out to the others that it's a great product.
Old January 24th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by thezandcshow
To Paul:
Have you come up with a release date for Wave 9?
If so, what characters are going to be in it?
Guys, please quit running up the post count in this thread with questions on specifics for the future.
Old January 24th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Quote:
To Paul:
Have you come up with a release date for Wave 9?
If so, what characters are going to be in it?
Guys, please quit running up the post count in this thread with questions on specifics for the future.
I was only wondering. Is that really bad?
He hasn't answer a single question regarding future specifics even though many have been asked, its because its not the purpose of his coming here. He's answering questions about the move of Heroscape from Hasbro to Wizards and looking for feedback concerning a number of points already mentioned through out this thread.

You are only adding to the noise by continuing to ask such questions. Please stop.
Old January 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
I'm starting to feel a bit of cold along my back... there's at least 3 post about HS in europe, and Paul have not sayd nothing about it....

The reason I'm not answering is because I don't know. My priority is product development - making the right products to keep Heroscape (a) alive and (b) growing. I do talk to the guys in Europe whenever I get the chance, but I don't control what they do - I can only suggest things to them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News