Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:59 AM

starsandstripes Woo who?
Target or Walmart

Target

cleaner, nicer, better employees, Have those ICEE machines which are awesome

Target

why does everyone hate me?
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:00 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Target or Walmart

Target, generally cleaner, employees about the same, better looking (but not better quality - thats the same) furniture.

Wal-Mart - generally better groceries, better overall selection of merchandise, consistently cheaper.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:00 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Neither. They don't stock Heroscape.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Actually many WalMarts do stock heroscape, so that's not exactly accurate.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

ohh I might have to go check my local Wal-Mart soon.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:58 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Wally's-Gross interior, but has 'scape for really cheap and a lot of times on sale, and is in other countries.

Target-Better interior, employees who speak fluent English (sorry if I offend you but it's true), and better groceries with a decent generic brand.

Winner-tie, if I'm looking for Wave 8 'scape, I know where to go, but if I just want a quick trip to somewhere to get candy, then it's pretty much target. But if I"m in Mexico, then I'll go to Wally's. (I so want to see a spanish Braxas )

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:18 AM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Target all the way for a million differnt reasons. I am excited to because they just opened a Wal-Mart less than a mile from the Target I shop at. That means lower prices for my Target.

Target sets their prices "just above" Wal-Mart prices when one is within a cirtain distance, and this one is close enough for sure.

I know this because I used to work at Target HQ in Minneapolis.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
Target-employees who speak fluent English (sorry if I offend you but it's true)
You no offend me .
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
Target-employees who speak fluent English (sorry if I offend you but it's true)
You no offend me .
How about people just speaking fluent English no matter where they work!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Target for sure. I use to work there, and hated working there, but the store is great. The aisles are less cluttered, the higher ceiling makes it feel as if you have more room. Things are organized better... It's just generally a better shopping experience.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Actually many WalMarts do stock heroscape, so that's not exactly accurate.
None of the ones near me do, along with the online store, so it's correct for me.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket View Post
Target all the way for a million differnt reasons. I am excited to because they just opened a Wal-Mart less than a mile from the Target I shop at. That means lower prices for my Target.

Target sets their prices "just above" Wal-Mart prices when one is within a cirtain distance, and this one is close enough for sure.

I know this because I used to work at Target HQ in Minneapolis.
Actually, more often than not, it's because WalMart sends out their managers to scan your prices and then automatically set them 5% below what you set them for.

That and sometimes we would buy out all your stock of a major item (like Tide) and resell it for a loss at our store. Yes, we lost money, but you didn't have merchandise for sale at Target

My District Manager when I worked in Louisville would just walk around the stockrooms in Targets and Kmarts, wearing a business suit. Almost no one ever challeged him because they assumed he was just some higher up from "HQ" or Divisional.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General