Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 13th, 2007, 02:42 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Nakita & Engagement Strike Question(s)

Hello "masses-who-are-wiser-than-I"...

I have once again failed to produce a fruitful search for my answer, so here goes:

If Player 1 Has Nakita agents and Player 2 uses Theracus to land near (but not adjacent to Nakita) for the purpose of delivering Agent Carr. When Agent Carr is placed adjacent to the Nakita agent does that form of movement/placement trigger the "Engagement Strike" against Carr?

Same question with Saylind summoning Agent Carr to be adjacent to a Nakita Agent?

Thanks in advance.
-Bix
Old March 13th, 2007, 03:21 AM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Nakita & Engagement Strike Question(s)

I think I remember there is some confirmation somewhere that the Nakitas can strike anything that becomes adjacent to them. Whether Jotun throws the fig in there, Theracus lands a fig there, Brunac carries a fig, or Saylind teleports someone. Someone else can doubtless point out the authority.

H

edit - I also know someone reliable (I forget who) reported that Craig told them personally that he wished Saylind's card would have used the term "place" (the chosen figure) instead of "move" (the chosen figure), and that a big rules dispute about teleporting carriers was resolved based on this. (This is now reflected in the Hasbro FAQ, but avoids the term controversey.)

Engagement Strike uses the term "move(s)" twice, but still, I thought it was official that the Nakitas could strike any (sm or md) fig that became adjacent (provided it isn't the Nakita running up on them, which is understood).
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:30 AM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
We had a thread on this issue just a few days ago, here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=7169

I don't know if we got anything "official" on it, but to me its pretty clear that nakita's get to use their "Engagement Strike" when a figure becomes engaged for any reason.
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
This may not be the place for it, but it seems stupid to start a whole 'nuther thread that will only get two responses like this one. Sooo, I guess I'll just post my question here.

Explosion Special Attack
Range 7. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Explosion Special Attack. Deathwalker only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Deathwalker can be affected by his own Explosion Special Attack.

Shotgun Blast Special Attack

Range 5. Attack 3.

Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. Johnny only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Johnny cannot be affected by his own Shotgun Blast Special Attack.

You get the picture (and it's the wording for the grenades too.)

So, my question is, if su-bak-na is surrounded by drones and you attack him with a shotgun blast, ALL the drones surrounding it roll defense?

Thanks

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:07 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes, double space figures increase the blast zone if that's what you're asking. Against a single space figure, an AoE attack can hit up to 6 additional figures. Against a double space figure, an AoE attack can hit 8..
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:20 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
We had this one come up recently during a game. DW9000 shot at a swog rider, and the guy I was playing against didn't like that it affected all the units around both of his based. The wording on the card is very clear though, it affect all figures adjacent to the targeted figure, not just the targeted hex. Just another rule that is kept simple at the loss of a little bit of reality.
Old March 14th, 2007, 09:17 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Thanks for the clarification and the link to the other thread.
Much appreciated.
-Matt
Old March 23rd, 2007, 04:26 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby
Thanks for the clarification and the link to the other thread.
Much appreciated.
-Matt
Glad to get that cleared up.

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old May 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Here's a dumb question. If a figure with ghost walk moves through another figure...are they engaged during the move where they are on the same space?

If no, the follow up is: if Agent Carr starts non-adjacent and then moves through a Nakita Agent, does he then take 2 engagement strikes? One for initial entering of engagement, and then having left engagment when moving through her, taking a second when when coming out the other side?
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Here's a dumb question. If a figure with ghost walk moves through another figure...are they engaged during the move where they are on the same space?

If no, the follow up is: if Agent Carr starts non-adjacent and then moves through a Nakita Agent, does he then take 2 engagement strikes? One for initial entering of engagement, and then having left engagment when moving through her, taking a second when when coming out the other side?
I would think you are still engaged, even though you are on the same space as the figure and ghost walking through.

Please keep signatures short.
Old May 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

I wouldn't think that they are engaged. I believe the rules say you have to be in an adjacent space to be engaged, which they wouldn't be.

If someone is walking through you, i don't think you're in a state of fighting (or engagement)

I think someone would take 2 engagement strikes when walking through a Nakita Agent.
Old May 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM

phantomclone has disabled reputation

He would take the INITIAL Engagement Strike 15, then as Carr moves through/around a Nakita, no strikes, and as he leave engagement no Leaving Swipe beause of Ghost Walk!

Never smell what you can hear????

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units