Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Closed Thread

Old July 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Vehicle Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
C3G VEHICLE RULES
ENTERING VEHICLES
Figures with a size smaller than that of a Vehicle may enter that Vehicle. Figures do not have to have a smaller height than the Vehicle to enter that Vehicle.
This part does not read well. I understand what is being said, but it reads wrong and I had to read it 4-5 times to catch the difference between size and height there. Can we word this better? Other than that this second version looks better.
ENTERING VEHICLES
If a figure's size is smaller than that of a Vehicle, it may enter that Vehicle. NOTE - The size of a figure is located on the left hand side of its Army Card next to its height. The different sizes are ordered from smallest to largest as follows: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, and Huge.
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:03 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

That looks good to me
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I agree. No need to mention the height. This is a case where you need to do what it says and not what it doesn't.
Old July 17th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome, thanks! OP updated.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2011, 04:26 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Because Vehicles are controlled and also targeted much like figures, can they give or receive Leaving Engagement Attacks?

I am leaning towards no right off, because DOs ONLY equal Figures in terms of targeting and attacking, and it has been FAQ'd that Leaving Engagement Attacks are not really or equal to an attack.
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was asking myself the same thing while running some tests. I'm leaning heavily towards no as well (we can and should add a line specifying). In addition to your reasons, I don't want to have to worry about specifying whether or not a thrown Vehicle takes leaving engagement attacks.
The idea of running a vehicle into a crowd to tie them up into an engagement and protect other figures is a fun one, but I think it's a better idea to avoid the problems that come with engagement.
We also need to specify that a figure cannot move on the same turn that they exit a vehicle (otherwise figures will be moving across the battlefield really fast and attacking on the same turn. As is, you could drive a vehicle across the battlefield, exit, and attack from the spot you exited on. I think that's good enough).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2011, 04:39 PM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Christmas Car Vehicle DO)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
N/A

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes – light touch.

- What should be the unit's point value? N/A
- Give a brief overview. I played this game with the Destructible Object throwing rules. Only Green Lantern had Super Strength to throw with.
Map: Platforms 5 and 6 without the pillars
Units: Green Lantern Hal, Black Mask, Street Thugs x2 (600) vs. Batman, Green Arrow Ollie, Flash Barry (600)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? N/A
- Give a brief overview. It’s a bit more fun when you can Hit and Run a hard to wound figure like Professor X – or when Magneto can toss the car at people.
Map: Platforms 5 and 6 without the pillars
Units: Professor X, Beast, Jean Grey, Angel, Iceman, Cyclops (1,000) vs. Magneto II, Pyro, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch
Spoiler Alert!

Old July 18th, 2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I was asking myself the same thing while running some tests. I'm leaning heavily towards no as well (we can and should add a line specifying). In addition to your reasons, I don't want to have to worry about specifying whether or not a thrown Vehicle takes leaving engagement attacks.
The idea of running a vehicle into a crowd to tie them up into an engagement and protect other figures is a fun one, but I think it's a better idea to avoid the problems that come with engagement.
We also need to specify that a figure cannot move on the same turn that they exit a vehicle (otherwise figures will be moving across the battlefield really fast and attacking on the same turn. As is, you could drive a vehicle across the battlefield, exit, and attack from the spot you exited on. I think that's good enough).
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:53 PM

Suggested changes in bold:

Quote:
Second draft!

C3G VEHICLE RULES

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS - VEHICLES
Destructible Objects are an official inclusion in the game, as seen with the Fortress Door and the Destructible Wall. C3G rules for Destructible Objects were established in the Destructible Object Rules and Throwing Rules release. Vehicles are a specific type of Destructible Objects that follow all of the rules of other Destructible Objects, but include a few specific to Vehicles.

These Vehicle specific C3G Rules cover the following areas:

- Entering Vehicles
- Occupying Vehicles
- Moving Vehicles
- Exiting Vehicles
- Destroying Vehicles

EXAMPLE 1: VEHICLE CARD
(Sample Card here)

ENTERING VEHICLES
Vehicles have three designations in the left box: size, height, and occupancy. The size and height designations (such as Medium 5) are the same as those found on other Destructible Objects and figures.
If a figure's size is smaller than that of a Vehicle, it may enter that Vehicle. NOTE - The size of a figure is located on the left hand side of its Army Card next to its height. The different sizes are ordered from smallest to largest as follows: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, and Huge.
The occupancy designation on Vehicle cards shows the number of figures that may occupy a vehicle. A figure can only enter a Vehicle if that Vehicle has fewer figures on its card than its occupancy number (example: If a car has an occupancy number of 2, but only has 1 figure placed on it, a 2nd figure can enter that car).
Your figures cannot enter Vehicles controlled by opposing players (see: Occupying Vehicles).
If a figure of the correct size ends its movement adjacent to a Vehicle that has not reached its occupancy number, the figure can enter that Vehicle.
When a figure enters a Vehicle, immediately place that figure on that vehicle's card. The figure that entered the Vehicle is now occupying that Vehicle.

OCCUPYING VEHICLES
Figures occupying a Vehicle are not on the battlefield.
A figure occupying a Vehicle may still have Order Markers placed and revealed on its Army Card.
If one or more of your figures occupies a Vehicle, you now control that Vehicle. However, you may not place Order Markers on the Vehicle's card.

MOVING VEHICLES
In addition to the Size, Life, and Defense values contained on all Destructible Object cards, Vehicles have a Movement value. In order to move a Vehicle, you may reveal an Order Marker on a figure you control occupying that Vehicle and move that Vehicle, following all standard movement rules, except engagement. Vehicles are never considered engaged and figures adjacent to Vehicles are never considered engaged with those Vehicles.

EXITING VEHICLES
After moving a Vehicle, you may choose an empty space adjacent to the Vehicle and place a figure from the Vehicle on the chosen space. You may exit with any or all of your figures on the same turn. Figures may not move during a turn in which they exit a Vehicle.

DESTROYING VEHICLES
If a Vehicle receives enough damage to be destroyed, after removing it from the battlefield, place all Drivers and Passengers on empty spaces previously occupied by the destroyed Vehicle. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, all figures that previously occupied the destroyed Vehicle receive one wound each. If a figure that was occupying a destroyed Vehicle cannot be placed on a legal space or spaces, that figure is automatically destroyed.

Old July 18th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Looks good to me. You don't see superheroes hop into cars too often, but I feel like some of the cheaper/weaker characters like Alfred won't hesitate to take a car. Perfect theme for me.
Old July 18th, 2011, 05:21 PM

Yep. Get in a car and wait until you're needed. Sure you can't use any powers while you're in there, but if you're an end gamer or a unit you want to wait and use to heal later in the game, it's not a bad idea. Especially if the car can let you do something fun like Hit and Run. I know that if I've got Alfred left against a heavy hitter and there's a car on the battlefield, I'm getting in the frickin car! And that seems about right.

Old July 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I thought the DO Throwing Rules said that only unoccupied DOs could be thrown.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library