Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 14th, 2008, 07:32 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker
Re: Units that scare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDino View Post
I'd have to say DW9k looking down on a valleyfull of rats (Deathreavers).

Also the Aubriens getting frenzy 8 times in a row and killing Q9.....
8!!!! The best I've ever seen is 3.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old September 14th, 2008, 09:04 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

AE any thing with frenzy. Oh and dund, but only when I use him I get scared I'll never get him to work right before he gets blown away. Funny how scared he makes every one.
Old September 14th, 2008, 10:35 PM

acdveins Woo who?

I'll go with Ne-Gok-Sa. My brother shackled 3 of my units in one game. Then, the next game we played I attacked him about 10 times without causing a single wound. Ne-gok walks right up and shackles my full health Q9. Thats the first time I ever got angry at a game of heroscape...

...I say kill her off.
Yeah, but you say plenty of things, and how's that work? You're a bicycle!
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:21 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

The Fyorlag Spiders scare me. Those things just look... nasty.

When I opened my first Ticalla Jungle, I dropped a Fyorlag Spider under my couch. When I got down on the floor and looked under there to get it, I couldn't see the base of the figure, and it was really dark. I just saw this huge spider staring back at me. It was freaky.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 15th, 2008, 02:44 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

We've played a few mixed games and Braxas always ends up there. When your figures cost 300 or so points, she's very frightening.

All Classic games though, I'd have to say I'm a little worried when I see Cyprien.

Most of the time it's a case by case thing. When I first got wave 8 and 8,5 we played a six player game with 500 or 600 point armies composed of the themes of the new pieces (one elves, one marro, one wolves, one knights, one Japan, and one leftovers). In that game, everyone was terrified of Zelrig. Other than the elf army, everything pretty much laid down and died before him. I would say he can be scary if you end up with the wrong army.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; September 15th, 2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Found a spelling mistake.
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:14 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post

When I opened my first Ticalla Jungle, I dropped a Fyorlag Spider under my couch. When I got down on the floor and looked under there to get it, I couldn't see the base of the figure, and it was really dark. I just saw this huge spider staring back at me. It was freaky.
Nice. What did you end up doing to it?

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Whenever my buddy uses the Sentinals of Jandar I have terrible time taking them down. He'll consistently roll two shields for defense, making it next to impossible to kill them...that scares me.

Seriously...I lie awake at night thinking about it...

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz1597 View Post
Whenever my buddy uses the Sentinals of Jandar I have terrible time taking them down. He'll consistently roll two shields for defense, making it next to impossible to kill them...that scares me.

Seriously...I lie awake at night thinking about it...
Yea, the Sentinels could be a pain to take out. I'm always weary when I face them cause' they're so tough. Their shields can be frustrating when you throw everything you have at them and they just keep blocking it all.

They get my vote for toughest squad to take down. 2x Sentinels and Raelin is something my brother likes to use....a lot. That's a solid 300 point core. Course' when he uses that I'm obliged to take 2x Minions to butt heads with em'. Probably about 50-50 as far as our Sentinels vs Minions battles go.

Just waiting for someone to say..."But Uprising....you're playing them wrong. That's not how their powers were designed. Tie em down with Rats and blast em with Stingers"...
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:35 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Deadeye works pretty well to take down Sentinels. Of course, there's always Braxas too..... but in regular, hand to hand combat, those things are tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp.nerd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post

Nice. What did you end up doing to it?
Thankfully I was able to keep my wits about me and not crush it or run away screaming. It really freaked me out at first, but I just had to think to myself "It's a plastic spider. What did you think you were gonna see under there? A can of soup?"

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Q9, Kelda, Cyprien, Stingers, charos, AE, 4Th mass, and Taelord.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old September 17th, 2008, 08:40 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp.nerd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDino View Post
I'd have to say DW9k looking down on a valleyfull of rats (Deathreavers).

Also the Aubriens getting frenzy 8 times in a row and killing Q9.....
8!!!! The best I've ever seen is 3.
I had 4 against me in a tournament >_<
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

I have the same problem as Jaz1597, except with Death reavers... And then when I do fall asleep, I have nightmares about them...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units