Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 14th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Glyph of Utility: Smoke Pellets

The Book of Glyph of Utility: Smoke Pellets

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 12
DEATH AND DECEPTION

Card PDF

Sticker PDF

Glyph Bio - The use of smoke to a sow confusion or make a quick escape dates back centuries, and with the help of modern science, it's now easier than ever. The crooks will never see it coming...

-Type of Glyph-
  • Equipment Glyph: See the rules for Equipment Glyphs HERE.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits ReceivedSynergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
8 July 2020 - Smoke Pellet wording clarification

Last edited by japes; August 7th, 2022 at 10:45 AM. Reason: png
Old August 14th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Glyph of Utility: Smoke Pellet

NAME = GLYPH OF UTILITY: SMOKE PELLET
SUBTITLE = CONCEAL

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

When this figure or any figure adjacent to this figure is targeted for a normal attack by an opponent's figure, you may destroy this glyph. If you do, this figure and all friendly figures adjacent to this figure have no visible hit zones for the remainder of the attacking figure's turn and may immediately move up to 3 spaces each. During this move, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ronin; June 20th, 2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:42 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks pretty good.

If you wanted to go with something kind of like the Fear Gas (which I think could be cool), you could try something like this:
Quote:
Anytime this figure or any figure you control adjacent to this figure is targeted for an attack by a non-adjacent opponent's figure, you may place this Glyph on an space this figure occupies. All figures on or within 1 spaces of this Glyph have no visible hitzones. At the end of the round, if the Glyph of Utility: Smoke Pellets is on the battlefield, remove it from the game.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm liking what's currently in the SP. I can think of a figure right now that will definitely like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Glyph of Utility: Smoke Pellet
(Conceal)

Equipment Glyph
When this figure or any figure adjacent to this figure is targeted for a normal attack, you may destroy this glyph. If you do, this figure and all friendly figures adjacent to this figure have no visible hit zones for the remainder of the attacking figure's turn and may immediately move up to 3 spaces each. During this move, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

My main concern is how well this will balance against the other Utility Glyphs, especially the Thermal Goggles and the Medpack. I originally put the one round limitation in order to keep the power down, but apparently, other's didn't feel the same way. I'm hoping that the non-adjacent normal restriction should keep it under control.

Original Design
Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 14th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I think you need to have it say "Design Phase" in the thread title, and it looks like you might have some excess spacing towards the top of the OP, but otherwise everything looks fine.

On the design, maybe it's just me, but the idea of more defensive 20-sided die rolling for Batman sounds a bit tedious. I wonder if it could be more of an automatic, instead of attacking, marker placing power that only lasts until the end of the round? Or maybe you place the actual glyph on the map to activate it similar to Scarecrow?

Regardless, I'm excited to see the Utility Belt get some more attention!

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The interesting part of the Smoke Pellets as currently written is that if the smoke pellets succeed, you don't get to roll for Evasive Strike or Shadow Strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 14th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The interesting part of the Smoke Pellets as currently written is that if the smoke pellets succeed, you don't get to roll for Evasive Strike or Shadow Strike.
Yes, but if it fails, you do get to roll, giving Batman two chances to dodge an attack, which just sounds annoying to face. Also, the current design would automatically become the best choice for any other unit with Utility Belt, particularly those with UB1. I can't see myself drafting anything else except in very niche situations. To me, that takes away part of the fun of UB, in that there wouldn't be much of a decision anymore.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Yes, but if it fails, you do get to roll, giving Batman two chances to dodge an attack, which just sounds annoying to face. Also, the current design would automatically become the best choice for any other unit with Utility Belt, particularly those with UB1. I can't see myself drafting anything else except in very niche situations. To me, that takes away part of the fun of UB, in that there wouldn't be much of a decision anymore.

Quote:
Fear gas works because it's a permanent glyph. An equipment glyph won't be able to work that way as the enemy can pick it up.
Good point, but there are ways around it by using markers or something.

Quote:
Personally, I'm leaning to a one-time automatic (no roll) use like the 1st aid kit.
I like this idea. Useful, but being one-time it's a much iffier choice for any UB1ers.

Another idea:
Quote:
Instead of attacking with this figure, you may place a gray Smoke Marker on this card. While the Smoke Marker is on this card and this figure remains on this space, this figure and all figures adjacent to it have no visible hitzones. At the end of the round, remove the Smoke Marker from this card.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I kind of like the idea of 'throwing down the smoke pellet' by placing the glyph itself on the battlefield when you want to use the power. I'd have you place the glyph under the targeted figure then, with all figures adjacent to that figure also protected by the smoke. Then I suppose you could get it back at the end of the round like the Fear Gas. Then you would get your once per round limitation that you initially wanted.
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:32 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I kind of like the idea of 'throwing down the smoke pellet' by placing the glyph itself on the battlefield when you want to use the power. I'd have you place the glyph under the targeted figure then, with all figures adjacent to that figure also protected by the smoke. Then I suppose you could get it back at the end of the round like the Fear Gas. Then you would get your once per round limitation that you initially wanted.
The problem with that approach is that you would have to keep Bats there on the spot if you want to be sure that you get to use it again, otherwise the opponent could walk on it to grab it.
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fear gas works because it's a permanent glyph. An equipment glyph won't be able to work that way as the enemy can pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 14th, 2013, 06:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Good point. Maybe a one time use smoke pellet then that is destroyed after using it like the First Aid Kit? But then if it were a one time use item it should just be automatic and drop the D20 roll.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library