Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM

Zelreth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Post My list of sucessful 500 point armies

Hi all!

Ive been playing heroscape for a long time now and i just wanted to post up the armies that i did good with in a 500 point 24 hex structure. Im going to start by only posting a few and will add more over time. Feel free to post your own armies or critique mine.

Samurai Death
Kozuke-100
Tagawa archers x 2- 130
Izumi-60
Railen-80
KAawa-120
Isamu-10
Total-500

Cheers! -Zelreth
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: My list of sucessful 500 point armies

Definately don't try this one, it's terrible.

Q9
Rats x3
Raelin
Hydra
______

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:06 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post

Q9
Rats x3
Raelin
Hydra
______
That army is weak. Seriously, only two figures in the entire army have any offense going for them.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 11:46 PM

Honestly that army has done well in a variety of tournaments because of its survivabity but once you take some wounds on the hydra anything but squads is trouble for you
Old August 23rd, 2012, 11:48 PM

Heres another
Nilfy-185
Cyprien-150
Sonya-45
Greenscales x2-120
Total-500
Old August 24th, 2012, 09:15 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disaster View Post
Quote:

Q9
Rats x3
Raelin
Hydra
______
That army is weak. Seriously, only two figures in the entire army have any offense going for them.
If it's so weak, How come Dok won the Gencon Main Event last year with it?

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old August 24th, 2012, 10:08 AM

Thumbs up Re: My list of sucessful 500 point armies

Wow the community is slow right now isnt it?
But yeah that can be a strong list but i can tell you from expeirence that it is dull to play.

-Zelreth
(Praying for a company to pick up heroscape from wizards)
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:04 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelreth View Post
But yeah that can be a strong list but i can tell you from expeirence that it is dull to play.
I find that army insanely powerful when used well, however, I don't find it dull. The many decisions involved in order marker placement and positioning (including scatter) make for a complex, interesting experience. If you play it well, though, you should win almost every game against most armies.

Quote:
Heres another
Nilfy-185
Cyprien-150
Sonya-45
Greenscales x2-120
Total-500
I just won treasure quest at Gencon with that army. It is an extremely fast army with powerful heroes, which makes it ideal for treasure quest. In standard tournament play, concentrated attacks from squads can bring Nilfheim down, making it a bit more vulnerable. vminer has used this army many times in standard play, including at least two Gencon championships.
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
I find that army insanely powerful when used well, however, I don't find it dull. The many decisions involved in order marker placement and positioning (including scatter) make for a complex, interesting experience. If you play it well, though, you should win almost every game against most armies.

Quote:
Heres another
Nilfy-185
Cyprien-150
Sonya-45
Greenscales x2-120
Total-500
I just won treasure quest at Gencon with that army. It is an extremely fast army with powerful heroes, which makes it ideal for treasure quest. In standard tournament play, concentrated attacks from squads can bring Nilfheim down, making it a bit more vulnerable. vminer has used this army many times in standard play, including at least two Gencon championships.

Yup, that's one of my favorites. I used it as my playoff army in the MLH rotation 1.

Old August 24th, 2012, 11:21 AM

Oh wow maybe i met some of youat gen con i was there this year!

-Zelreth
(Praying for a company to pick up heroscape from wizards)
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:32 AM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Q9
Rats x3
Raelin
Hydra
______
Actually, that would have been the year 2010 that that army won the main event. Since it wasn't terribly obvious, I was joking about that army being weak.
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Q9
Rats x3
Raelin
Hydra
______
Actually, that would have been the year 2010 that that army won the main event. Since it wasn't terribly obvious, I was joking about that army being weak.
Oh yeah, it was 2010. I thought you might have been joking, but didn't want Zelreth to forever think that Q9 and Rats stink

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion