Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old April 12th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: ScapeCon Vaccines

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
How are you going to verify vaccinations?

How are you going to identify religious, ADA, or other exemptions?
Verification is rather simple: present your card.

Possible exemptions would be handled on an individualized basis. Do you know of any religions that are against the vaccine? For example, the Pope has explicitly told Catholics that it is an ethical obligation. Further, my understanding of the ADA is that it requires "reasonable accommodations," which is a very complex subject. A complete waiver of the requirement may or may not be found to be "reasonable."

Overall, two points:
1. We very well may not mandate it.
2. You're not coming anyways, so it doesn't really matter. I have law school for broad hypotheticals. Again, we'd handle possible exemptions on an individualized basis.
Old April 12th, 2021, 05:17 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

What -- @lonewolf you're not joining us? What about you @Raider30 ?
Old April 13th, 2021, 06:07 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
We'll need people to commit by the end of this week to secure the ballroom.
We're going to want to push the marketing on this then. The sweet spot sounds like we need to hit 40 attendees at least, and we're at 25 + 11 if all the maybes can make it.

Ideas for how to expedite confirmations from people and getting the word out? Maybe make a post on social sites here and other places each day and tag relevant people? I could probably do a mid-week video for my channel. I definitely think a Front-Page announcement would be a good idea. I know @Xotli has been really helpful doing front page announcements, though @Xorlof could also do it, whoever see it first

Also, what happens in the event we only get 35 say by the end of the week, but we get like 50 confirmed by the time of the actual Con? Will the Hotel allow us to "update" our pricing?
We have a fixed price on the cost of the ballroom -- we need to purchase $xx dollars of food and beverage for free use of the ballroom from Wed. - Sun. It doesn't matter whether we have 35 or 50, the minimum food and beverage price is the same.

We don't have to inform the hotel of the exact menu and number of attendees until a few days before the Con. However, we need to sign a contract with non-refundable deposit soon. We then need to make additional deposits and pay in full prior to the Con. (Exact amounts and dates for deposits TBD.)

What we're thinking is that we will need people to make non-refundable deposits based upon the number of confirmed attendees and the maximum cost. (Hopefully min. attendees 30 -- max cost $385.) If we end up with 40 attendees, the cost drops to $290. If we get 45 attendees the cost per person drops somewhat but not much (the food and beverage charges per person are not inexpensive, but the tradeoff is the "free" ballroom usage.) And of course mathematically, this makes sense. At low numbers, each additional attendee drops the cost much more significantly than at higher numbers.

If we end up with extra money because people paid in full based on a lower number of expected attendees, and more people attend, we will either: upgrade food; refund money; or provide some combination of the two.

Again, we will have receipts/accounting for anyone at the Con to review. All we ask is that if we make a reasonable decision on food/beverage, people understand that we used our best judgment on what we thought was in the best interest of all attendees for the most enjoyable experience for the cost.
Old April 13th, 2021, 06:11 AM

Also, before we ask for the first deposit, we will have a schedule of the amount and date of each payment due. We will also let you know as to whether any deposits will be refundable (under what circumstances, and what amounts might be refundable.)
Old April 13th, 2021, 09:58 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey Grand Ol' Man of Scape here, Rev left me the crown & Title in his will.

This is just my 2 cents but why not require proof of vaccination? I'm 2 days away from having my white card filled.

It's just common sense and it's doing the right thing to send this virus packing.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 13th, 2021, 11:10 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I believe today's news regarding the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is relevant for this discussion, so I wanted to point out how it could potentially impact vaccine availability.

Quick summary: the CDC & FDA pulled the J&J vaccine from the federal supply (and suggested each state do the same) to study the potential rare side effect of blood clots.

I don't intend to speak to any scientific details about the vaccine itself or side effects (I'm not qualified); instead I just want to highlight a potential way it could affect how many people are able to be vaccinated in time, as several people's replies on this thread have been based on the government's previous vaccine timeline.

My understanding of the federal government's timeline/goal of having enough vaccines to have ~ 260 million American's vaccinated by the end of May (1st shots from Moderna/Pfizer, at least) is that is was based on the assumption of having ~ 100 million J&J vaccine doses.

Obviously I have no idea how long the J&J vaccine will be out of use for, but if it's delayed for 2+ weeks and we end up relying on extra production from Moderna/Pfizer, 2+ weeks from the end of May is June 14th, which is the date I had outlined earlier when you would need to get your 1st Moderna/Pfizer shot in order to be 'fully' vaccinated by ScapeCon.

This also goes to another question that has been asked before on this thread: if there's a vaccine mandate for ScapeCon, does that mean requiring being fully vaccinated, having a 1st shot, or somewhere in between? If it's the former, then today's news is less likely to impact anyone (increased Moderna/Pfizer production is likely to get you a 1st shot by then). If it's the latter, then the chance of someone getting impacted (i.e. not being able to get a vaccine because of distribution issues) is higher.

Just food for thought.
Old April 26th, 2021, 11:24 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Was a consensus reached regarding this issue?
Old April 26th, 2021, 11:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
Was a consensus reached regarding this issue?
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Vaccines:

We're going to strongly recommend that people are vaccinated, but we will not be mandating it. We should have a critical mass regardless.
Old April 26th, 2021, 11:36 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Vaccines are strongly encouraged, but not mandated.

Ninja’d by Nathan.
Old April 27th, 2021, 11:57 AM

corbell is surprisingly tart

I know in my state at least, under 18 are not even allowed to receive the 1st shot yet. (one of my 2 if I get to go, as we're both maybe's is under 18 )

I get my second shot in 2 weeks.
Old April 27th, 2021, 01:20 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

@Dysole can you un-sticky this thread? Thanks!
Old May 13th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

This just in from the CDC:

Quote:
Update that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html

Things are looking up.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon