Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old July 7th, 2020, 12:58 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
HoME Maps

This thread is designed to collect and display all "official" HoME maps, which cover the geography of Middle Earth.

I think the best approach is to have a single "official" map for each battle / city / area and update those maps over time with any changes instead of creating an entirely new map from scratch.

Master Set 1: The Fellowship of the Ring

Weathertop TODO
Ford of Bruinen TODO
Mines of Moria TODO - Likely multiple sub-maps
Amon Hen

Other
TODO

For Inspiration
Older LotR maps that were created: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...archid=8153253

Last edited by Chris Perkins; July 7th, 2020 at 03:02 PM.
Old July 7th, 2020, 12:59 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HoME Maps

[Reserved]
Old September 15th, 2020, 10:42 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Anyone cooking up some ideas over here?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 15th, 2020, 05:30 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not really a huge LotR fan myself, but my friend peteparkerh made this back in '09. Might fit here, especially if you haven't seen it yet.

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; September 15th, 2020 at 05:31 PM. Reason: I'll add a picture for all you nice people.
Old September 15th, 2020, 05:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
I'm not really a huge LotR fan myself, but my friend peteparkerh made this back in '09. Might fit here, especially if you haven't seen it yet.

All his builds are superbly done. They should be linked here just for the heck of it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 15th, 2020, 05:47 PM

I do love that version of Helms Deep. I've built it multiple times before - even more beautiful in person.
Old September 16th, 2020, 10:53 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It is beautiful. I don't want to claim his work as ours.

I think I would rather our master sets use slightly smaller maps, and we can refer people to peteparkerh's excellent larger maps when they have the terrain.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 16th, 2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

I think I would rather our master sets use slightly smaller maps, and we can refer people to peteparkerh's excellent larger maps when they have the terrain.
I agree. In keeping with classic 'scape, I think our master set maps should strive for 400 - 600 point armies as their ideal setup and be sized close-ish to gencon level tourney maps. I absolutely love the "campaign" feel of peteparkerh's maps, but I don't think that's the best fit for master set included maps.

One idea that could be productive for this thread is if anyone gets inspired for a particular map, post in this thread the LotR battle / location you intend to work on so we don't get duplicated work. I've got a few ideas I'm considering, but if I get particularly inspired by one of them I'll post it here. Then if anyone sees that someone else posted a map they are interested in, they can reach out to the original poster and possibly collaborate. I imagine we'll have a review process for maps similar to figures.

Another goal could be for all master set maps to fit within some specific terrain requirement, such as no more than 1 MS + 2 terrain expansions (could restrict to only 1 terrain expansion, but I think that limits it a bit too much).
Old September 16th, 2020, 01:59 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:

I agree. In keeping with classic 'scape, I think our master set maps should strive for 400 - 600 point armies as their ideal setup and be sized close-ish to gencon level tourney maps. I absolutely love the "campaign" feel of peteparkerh's maps, but I don't think that's the best fit for master set included maps.

One idea that could be productive for this thread is if anyone gets inspired for a particular map, post in this thread the LotR battle / location you intend to work on so we don't get duplicated work. I've got a few ideas I'm considering, but if I get particularly inspired by one of them I'll post it here. Then if anyone sees that someone else posted a map they are interested in, they can reach out to the original poster and possibly collaborate. I imagine we'll have a review process for maps similar to figures.

Another goal could be for all master set maps to fit within some specific terrain requirement, such as no more than 1 MS + 2 terrain expansions (could restrict to only 1 terrain expansion, but I think that limits it a bit too much).
My apologies, I didn't understand the premise/goals of the thread. I just remembered something cool from 11 years ago and wanted to un-bury it.
Old September 16th, 2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My apologies, I didn't understand the premise/goals of the thread. I just remembered something cool from 11 years ago and wanted to un-bury it.
Oh no, don't apologize. Sorry if my post came off that way, definitely not how I meant it.

The map you linked is awesome and having it in this thread is great. We had never even discussed this thread really before today anyways other than agreeing we needed it to exist Un-burying the map was great because:
1) it's an awesome map
2) you got this thread moving again, something we had not managed to do over the past 2 months on our own
Old September 16th, 2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh no, don't apologize. Sorry if my post came off that way, definitely not how I meant it.

The map you linked is awesome and having it in this thread is great. We had never even discussed this thread really before today anyways other than agreeing we needed it to exist Un-burying the map was great because:
1) it's an awesome map
2) you got this thread moving again, something we had not managed to do over the past 2 months on our own
Then I shall redact my apology, lol.

For the record, I didn't read your post as if you were saying I did something wrong or out of place. It was more of a Canadian politeness-apology, if you will (even though I'm not Canadian).

Glad I could get the thread moving!
Old September 16th, 2020, 02:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) it's an awesome map
There is a good reference of how to categorize different map types over in the BoSS thread for starwars scape. We have them put in different categories such as casual, competitve, etc. So if peterparkerh is ok with it Id put them in there. Of course giving him credit in there somewhere.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs