Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 26th, 2015, 07:01 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of 10th Regiment of Foot

One advantage the 10th do have over the 4th is that they can use Marcus' excellent Soldier bonuses without compromising any of their other powers. Being able to hold a position on the battlefield with either WTF or Bayonets, and/or Marcus' attack bonus is pretty useful.

The 4th are also capable of using Marcus, but they do give up their excellent defense in the process. Figures who can rip apart 2 defense units with relative ease might find themselves targeting 4th members simply because they are now easy kills. While the ranged figures in that category can beat up on both 4th and 10th, the sheer firepower the muskets are using will probably make that less important anyways. Melee units on the other hand tend to be more durable themselves, so the firepower is needed. Squishier 4th may find themselves giving up dice in favor of gaining position here.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but its still worth pointing out.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 26th, 2015, 07:20 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Long and Short

In a Bring 1 kill em all, everything 10th can do, 4th can do cheaper except melee combat where a ranged squad is already in trouble if that's the case. 10th are better in Heat of Battle and arguably better in a Take 2 or other format where you don't want to bring something too good. If they were the same price, I could see an argument for 10th but outside of Raelin there is no way to boost their defense and 2 defense at range dies very hard.

~Dysole, noting that the Harqs are a similar argument the opposite direction in the 4th lite
Old August 26th, 2015, 07:23 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
One advantage the 10th do have over the 4th is that they can use Marcus' excellent Soldier bonuses without compromising any of their other powers. Being able to hold a position on the battlefield with either WTF or Bayonets, and/or Marcus' attack bonus is pretty useful.

The 4th are also capable of using Marcus, but they do give up their excellent defense in the process. Figures who can rip apart 2 defense units with relative ease might find themselves targeting 4th members simply because they are now easy kills. While the ranged figures in that category can beat up on both 4th and 10th, the sheer firepower the muskets are using will probably make that less important anyways. Melee units on the other hand tend to be more durable themselves, so the firepower is needed. Squishier 4th may find themselves giving up dice in favor of gaining position here.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but its still worth pointing out.
+1

Also, the move bonus they get from Marcus should not be underestimated. With a movement of 6, the 10th Reg become one of the speedier squads in the game. This helps them to seize the high ground (from where they can use their wait-then-fire) or to engage quickly to bayonet opposing figures.

Since Marcus also boosts other soldiers, you can add other heroes or squads to the mix too. Either version of Drake gives you a hard-hitting hero who can be used to crack tough nuts, for example.

Now, the 4th benefit from Marcus also, but they lose their "valiant" bonus if he's included.

Bottom line, Marcus is one of the best cheerleaders out there, and the fact that he can be paired so easily with the 10th elevates the value of the Redcoats.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old August 27th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Long story short, if I'm making an all-Valiant army, I'll take the 4th. Otherwise, I'll take the 10th. Without the all-Valiant bonus, the lack of mobility and the opportunities that mobility creates makes choosing the 4th to save 5 points a bad decision in my mind.

~Aldin, sticking things with his pointy bayonette

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 27th, 2015, 10:08 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I agree with @Aldin , in most case scenarios the regiment are a mighter force. They are one of my favorite units, especially with marcus.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units