Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old July 11th, 2023, 07:19 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Pyro (Saint-John Allerdyce)

Pyro (Saint-John Allerdyce)

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = PYRO
IDENTITY = SAINT-JOHN ALLERDYCE

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = MUTANT
CLASS = OUTCAST
PERSONALITY = BRASH

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 135

BROTHERHOOD LACKEY
Once per round, after an ordered activation with an ally in the Brotherhood of Mutants faction, if Pyro has not been activated this turn, you may activate Pyro. If you do, Pyro must skip either his move or attack phase.

LIVING FLAMES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4. Heat.
After combat, you may choose a figure within 2 spaces of the defender and attack the chosen figure. You may continue attacking this way, to a max of 4 attacks per special attack action.

ENGULF 10
Before a move action with Pyro, roll a d20 against each adjacent enemy. On a 10+, that figure takes 1 Heat wound.

FACTION = BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
PUBLISHER = MARVEL
KEYWORDS =
SYMBOLS = HEAT RESISTANCE
WINTER 2024: Pyro plays with fire, folks... but he never gets burned!

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: Universe #109-111 / Pyro
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: Bats
  • Playtesters:
  • Card art: japes
  • Comic creators: Chris Claremont, John Byrne
Updates
  • N/A

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by IAmBatman; February 2nd, 2024 at 11:41 AM.
Old July 11th, 2023, 07:20 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Pyro (Saint-John Allerdyce) - Discussion Phase

• Second power needs some wording help
• Second power needs some work in general. It's not podding world anymore so it's not going to be often he has a chain of figures adjacent to each other. Seems like maybe he's pointed for the possible big attack that never comes.
• talk on Discord was to lower his roll on engulf to power him up from his 120 originally to 135
• obviously with the faction tag his class should be Arsonist.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 11th, 2023, 07:32 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What if it could “jump” across spaces…but had -1 attack for each space it jumped? That feels like fire to me - it loses steam the farther it has to travel. Not sure how to word that, but hopefully it makes sense.
Old July 11th, 2023, 08:06 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What if it could “jump” across spaces…but had -1 attack for each space it jumped? That feels like fire to me - it loses steam the farther it has to travel. Not sure how to word that, but hopefully it makes sense.
oh yeah. That sounds kind of cool.

Though I was hoping for something in Sanity test zone.

Old July 11th, 2023, 11:27 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Edits (as in the OP)
Quote:
Range 5 + Special. Attack 4.
The first target of Living Flames Special Attack must be within a Range of 5. After attacking with Living Flames Special Attackthis ability, you may choose a figure adjacent figure that was adjacent to the defender before attacking.defending figure at the beginning of that attack and aAttack thatthe chosen figure with Living Flames Special Attackthis ability. You may continue attacking with Living Flames Special Attack in this mannerthis ability until you have attacked up to 6 figures. A figure cannot be attacked more than once in a turn with Living Flames Special Attack.

ENGULF 11
Before moving Pyro, roll a d20 against each adjacent enemy figure. On an 11+, that figure receives 1 Heat wound.
For pasteability.
Quote:
After attacking with this ability, you may choose a figure adjacent to the defender before attacking. Attack the chosen figure with this ability. You may continue attacking with this ability until you have attacked up to 6 figures. A figure cannot be attacked more than once in a turn.

ENGULF 11
Before moving Pyro, roll a d20 against each adjacent enemy. On an 11+, that figure receives 1 Heat wound.
Edit (as suggested by Nobody)
Quote:
The first target of Living Flames Special Attack must be within a Range of 5. After attacking with Living Flames Special Attack, you may choose a figure that was adjacent to the defending figureup to 4 spaces from the defender at the beginning of that attack and a. Attack that chosen figure rolling X fewer combat dice where X is the number of spaces the chosen figure was from the previous defender with Living Flames Special Attack. YouPyro may continue attacking with Living Flames Special Attack in this manner until you have attacked up to 6 figures or rolled only 1 combat die in the previous attack. A figure cannot be attacked more than once in a turn with Living Flames Special Attack.

ENGULF 11
Before moving Pyro, roll a d20 against each adjacent enemy figure. On an 11+, that figure receives 1 Heat wound.
For pasteability.
Quote:
After attacking with Living Flames Special Attack, you may choose a figure that was up to 4 spaces from the defender at the beginning of that attack. Attack that chosen figure rolling X fewer combat dice where X is the number of spaces the chosen figure was from the previous defender. Pyro may continue attacking in this manner until you have attacked up to 6 figures[ or rolled only 1 combat die in the previous attack. A figure cannot be attacked more than once in a turn.

ENGULF 11
Before moving Pyro, roll a d20 against each adjacent enemy. On an 11+, that figure receives 1 Heat wound.
Old July 11th, 2023, 11:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Wouldn't he have heat resistance?

Here is a pitch for the SA to make it more impactful.

Range 5. Attack 4.
After attacking with this special attack, you may choose a figure within 2 spaces of the defending figure. Attack that figure with this special attack. You may attack up to 4 times per special attack action.

So it can jump 2 spaces away instead of only adjacent figures. It can ping pong back and forth between 2-3 figures, but for a total of 4 attacks instead of 6. If Flash runs away, the fire remains on him until he stops and then jumps to someone else. This could be both good and bad, as Flash could run away from all his allies to stop the fire from jumping. Someone else might only be able to move in such a way they endanger someone new you might not have reached otherwise.
Old July 11th, 2023, 11:51 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Wouldn't he have heat resistance?

Here is a pitch for the SA to make it more impactful.

Range 5. Attack 4.
After attacking with this special attack, you may choose a figure within 2 spaces of the defending figure. Attack that figure with this special attack. You may attack up to 4 times per special attack action.

So it can jump 2 spaces away instead of only adjacent figures. It can ping pong back and forth between 2-3 figures, but for a total of 4 attacks instead of 6. If Flash runs away, the fire remains on him until he stops and then jumps to someone else. This could be both good and bad, as Flash could run away from all his allies to stop the fire from jumping. Someone else might only be able to move in such a way they endanger someone new you might not have reached otherwise.
I also pictured using your own Heat Resistant figure to create a bridge...

Old July 12th, 2023, 10:47 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Diminishing attack doesn’t really work when the base attack is only 4, IMO.

Special attack should definitely do heat damage.

I’m into lowering the Engulf roll for sure

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2023, 11:12 AM
A Man of Taste

I'm liking the simplicity of YK's version here.

Quote:
Range 5. Attack 4. Heat.
Anyone have a starting point for the Engulf roll. It will need to be tweaked with a more thorough Sanity test I think but I feel good that we can get it to 135 here without going crazy.

Old July 12th, 2023, 11:17 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

8 maybe?

Defending figure can just be defender.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2023, 11:34 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
8 maybe?

Defending figure can just be defender.
More asking about intent on YK's option to see if it has support.

Old July 12th, 2023, 11:39 AM

I’m into it

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database