Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 17th, 2009, 08:33 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Uses for the Glyph of Brandar

Hey everyone! I searched this, but nothing came up.

I am trying to come up with a new way to use three of the Brandar glyphs, but can't think of anything good. I need some help. I was trying to think of a unique "capture the flag" use, but I couldn't see how my ideas would work. Any ideas at all would be helpful. Thanks!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Uses for the Glyph of Brandar

A choice of a glyph (Move, initiative, Healer or Wound?). Basically, you step on the glyph, and chose which one you want. It remains the same for the rest of the game.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:52 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You could do a 'hold the flag' scenario.

Put out your three brandar glyphs out in the map. It is okay to have one of the glyphs a little bit easier for either side to be able to capture and hold. The third glyph needs to be in a spot that is very fair and equally difficult/easy for easier side to get to.

Rules are simple. For every glyph that your army holds at the end of a round you gain one point. Put a limit of six rounds (or about there). It should be easy enough for both armies to get the first glyph that is closer to them, but the third glyph will be the game decider for points.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old September 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM
has been BANNED

Andymandok costs too much!

use it as teleports
Old September 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

P-p-plug! One of my half completed threads.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old September 17th, 2009, 09:56 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymandok View Post
use it as teleports
Not a bad idea. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
P-p-plug! One of my half completed threads.
That's pretty cool! I might do something like that.

Old September 17th, 2009, 10:12 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've used them to summon or "unlock" additional units for your army. Basically, I had four Brandar's on the board and when someone landed on one they rolled the 20-sider. 1-5 gave them Obsidian Guards, 6-10 gave them Dzu-Teh, 11-15 gave them spiders, and 16-20 gave them Dumutef Guards.

It was an interesting way to get some of the less used units into the game.
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:01 AM

Yeah, I've done stuff like that before, too. Except you got to choose a unit that cost 100 points or less.

Old March 10th, 2010, 08:05 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

I like to use Brandar glyphs as keys.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:10 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Cat, while I try not to be a Nazi, that's the 3rd thread you've necro-ed in a very short time. It's kind of a toss-up between starting a new thread on a topic discussed 6 months ago or necroing.

Like I said, it doesn't really bother most people, especially when done sparingly. But when you do it this frequently, it can grate some people.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post
Cat, while I try not to be a Nazi, that's the 3rd thread you've necro-ed in a very short time. It's kind of a toss-up between starting a new thread on a topic discussed 6 months ago or necroing.

Like I said, it doesn't really bother most people, especially when done sparingly. But when you do it this frequently, it can grate some people.
I must say that I don't mind necroed threads. It keeps people from saying "Use the search function!"

Old March 10th, 2010, 09:00 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post

I must say that I don't mind necroed threads. It keeps people from saying "Use the search function!"
It seems that most people prefer necroed threads than just new ones. Here he is adding his own insight into a topic instead of starting a new thread. If they didn't want the old threads to be posted on they would just lock them.

Now if someone was necroeing threads just because he could would be wrong and would merit a response as such but when they make real comments I have no problem. There are people here who don't want to go to the second page of threads and by doing this he brought this thread to my attention. I never would have read this thread beforehand. I'm not saying go necro every thread but it's nice once and awhile and three is hardly too much.

Although Cat, it would be nice if you did go into more detail as to how you use the glyphs as keys. Just saying that you use them as keys doesn't really help us a lot.

On topic though, you can use them as strategic points as well. For example, you can neutral units that both players alternately control and when someone steps onto the glyph they gain complete control of those figures. (although he still plays them as if they were a different player) That would add a nice little spin to the game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion