Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old September 26th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
I am a bit confused here on what you all are attempting to do here, but If I am reading correctly (and I am probably not) then the solution is simple.

If you are saying that you want to have a single card that represents a common unit with multiple wounds then do what my son does. He puts a number underneath each of the targeting silhouettes on the card (you know the red picture with the green dot to the right of the card). This number represents the number of life each of those figs has. When he takes a wound he puts his wound markers on those silhouettes. He has a merc unit that has a big guy, a little guy, and a chick. The big guy (ogryn) gets three wounds, the others get two.

So if that is what you were asking, then there is your solution from a 9 year old. If not, then sorry ignore me completely.

Another solution (from my point of view) would just be to make each of them their own character with "bonding" to each other. One moves they all move... call it "walkie-talkie" or "coordinated strike" or something.

If the sculpts are all the same then mark the bases of the sculpts with a color, have the silhouettes match that color.

edit: Also, I think having sentinels and AT-ST's moving and attacking at the same time should cost some serious points. That is a LOT of firepower for one order marker.
I don't think that is what they are going for BC. They want to have multiples of identical uniques, and have no way of telling them apart short of marking the figure in some way.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 26th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
If you are saying that you want to have a single card that represents a common unit with multiple wounds then do what my son does. He puts a number underneath each of the targeting silhouettes on the card (you know the red picture with the green dot to the right of the card). This number represents the number of life each of those figs has. When he takes a wound he puts his wound markers on those silhouettes. He has a merc unit that has a big guy, a little guy, and a chick. The big guy (ogryn) gets three wounds, the others get two.
That's essentially what we're doing. The glyph sized cards are the equivalent of those pieces of paper, but they look nicer.

Quote:
Another solution (from my point of view) would just be to make each of them their own character with "bonding" to each other. One moves they all move... call it "walkie-talkie" or "coordinated strike" or something.
That wouldn't solve the problem of them having only 1 Life though.

Quote:
If the sculpts are all the same then mark the bases of the sculpts with a color, have the silhouettes match that color.
We were trying to avoid marking the figure or card in any permanent fashion. But the removable decals proposed earlier accomplish the same thing you said, but without it being permanent.

Quote:
edit: Also, I think having sentinels and AT-ST's moving and attacking at the same time should cost some serious points. That is a LOT of firepower for one order marker.
The idea wasn't to have them moving at the same time. They would be activated like Common Heroes, meaning one per order marker. Not like a squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Simple solution... keep the 1 life, keep the Common designation, but add a power that says Whenever a unit takes damage, place only 1 wound marker on this card. No unit is destroyed until 3 wound markers are on this card. If a unit receives damage after 3 wound markers are present, destroy that figure.
But the problem with this is keeping track of which figure the wounds go with. That's the purpose of the glyph-sized cards. You track the wounds on those smaller cards, and then you only need one copy of the main card.
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:32 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
The idea of a symbol would work for me. Here's my attempts.

All slightly different but mostly the same.
Aww... they look so cute! Shouldn't they have guns or something? I mean, it looks like an "add to my friends list" button. The little guys need to be more hostile. Maybe give them little military helmets?
It needed to be representative of a wide variety of figures so I made (read: copied) them quite generic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Also, maybe the background could be a hexagon instead of flower petals. But only if you feel like it. Maybe if you leave it, it will help to attract more girls to the game.
None of the other symbols (super-strength or flying) are on hexes so I didn't bother doing it either. I've actually had a bit of a new idea for the symbol so if it comes together I'll get back to you
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:42 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Well, I took whitestuff's idea and other people's comments regarding it (background of hexes, people more "warrior-like") and came up with this:

Old September 26th, 2007, 10:51 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
Well, I took whitestuff's idea and other people's comments regarding it (background of hexes, people more "warrior-like") and came up with this:

That looks great I'm not going to bother with my other idea. I think you've nailed it.

The only thing is how does it look when made the same size as the other symbols? Can you still see the detail?

*EDIT* I had a quick look for myself and you lose the detail of the hexes but the three figures are still easily seen.
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:11 AM

I can try making a version with more spaces between the hexes, so hopefully they'll be easier to distinguish when it's smaller. What's the small size we're going for? 64 x 64 pixels, roughly?
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:21 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
I can try making a version with more spaces between the hexes, so hopefully they'll be easier to distinguish when it's smaller. What's the small size we're going for? 64 x 64 pixels, roughly?
If this symbol is to be the same size as the other symbols already used then I guess they would be your guide. I don't actually know the size needed.
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:47 AM

I guess since everyone makes their cards at different resolutions and DPI, and not even always the same size it would be better to offer a larger version that people can scale down to whatever size they need.

But at 64x64, here's what it looks like:

Now as far as placement on the card, it's hard to find room . Here are some idea though, using the Sentinel card as a mock-up:

OPTION 1
I personally like this one the best, because it's in the left box, near "Unique Hero".

OPTION 2
Above the Marvel logo. It keeps it out of the way, but I don't think it looks too nice.

OPTION 3
At the bottom, with the Superstrength and Flying logos. I like it because it's consistent with the placement of the other symbols, but I don't like it because it eats up even more of the valuable space for specials text.
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:55 AM
C3G Hero

I vote for this one.
Quote:
OPTION 1
I personally like this one the best, because it's in the left box, near "Unique Hero".
Old September 26th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I echo the vote for option one.

Btw, I think you misinterpreted EJ's idea. I think he pretty much was saying that you could just use one common card for all your common figures - so one Sentinel card - and you would have to accumulate 3 wounds on that card before ANY of them could die. But, once you accumulated 3 wounds on that card, any extra wound would automatically kill the unit it was given to. So there'd sort of be 3 group wounds to begin with.
If we were going to go in that direction, though, I might suggest that instead of 3 wounds, it'd be something like 3 wounds for every Sentinel you have in play. However, the one problem with that, thematically and in sense of gameplay, is that you couldn't divide and conquer them. They'd all survive until they were all down to 1 life, essentially, and then they could start getting killed one by one. Which could be a real pain.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 26th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Or every third wound kills one Sentinel.

Newb.
Old September 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I echo the vote for option one.

Btw, I think you misinterpreted EJ's idea. I think he pretty much was saying that you could just use one common card for all your common figures - so one Sentinel card - and you would have to accumulate 3 wounds on that card before ANY of them could die. But, once you accumulated 3 wounds on that card, any extra wound would automatically kill the unit it was given to. So there'd sort of be 3 group wounds to begin with.
If we were going to go in that direction, though, I might suggest that instead of 3 wounds, it'd be something like 3 wounds for every Sentinel you have in play. However, the one problem with that, thematically and in sense of gameplay, is that you couldn't divide and conquer them. They'd all survive until they were all down to 1 life, essentially, and then they could start getting killed one by one. Which could be a real pain.
Well you could accumulate three wounds and then the next wound destroys the sentinel that took it, the wound markers are removed and the process starts over.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations