Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 7th, 2016, 09:35 PM

WarBeast knows what's in an order marker WarBeast knows what's in an order marker
Multiple Marro Warriors House Rule

Background:
Our group allows multiple Unique squads in your army (I know u cant do that but it's been a house rule forever & will never change) but they say it's because they do not use glyphs ever. There has really only been one major problem I've seen with multiple uniques & it's with the cloning of the Marro Warriors. I'd like a neutral opinion on this....When cloning Marro Warriors, players with multiple squads will roll to re-clone up to 4 warriors, making them a reason why the real rule exists.

Question:
If you're going to make a house rule, allowing multiple Marro Warriors, what should be the max number of warriors you may re-clone in any given turn ?
Old November 7th, 2016, 09:50 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Multiple Marro Warriors House Rule

The way I'd do it would be to make sure each squad has their own Army Card (like Uncommon units) and they can only water clone within the limits of their own squad.

i.e. If you have three squads, have three Army Cards. If only 1 Marro Warrior is destroyed for squad #1, then only that one Warrior can be water cloned back if you take a turn with squad #1.

Either that or just limit it to a certain number of attempts per turn. I know the Card says "each Marro Warrior in play", but you're only supposed to have 4 so hypothetically only a maximum of 4 Warriors should get to roll for cloning. Maybe lower considering the increased number of Warriors available for cloning. That'd probably be easier.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 7th, 2016, 10:40 PM

WarBeast knows what's in an order marker WarBeast knows what's in an order marker

Great compromise. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old November 9th, 2016, 06:14 PM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker

In a normal game with 1 squad, you're never going to make more than 3 rolls (If you have 4 marro who CAN clone, there are no marro TOO clone) Therefore, if you're limiting it to a certain number of rolls per turn, I think 3 should be the absolute maximum.

You could even make a rule relating the number of attempts you're allowed and the maximum number that clone back based on how it would be with 1 squad. I.E. If you roll 3 times, you can only clone back 1 warrior, but if you choose (before making any rolls) that you'll only roll twice you can clone back 2 of them.

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old November 9th, 2016, 08:19 PM

Another great suggestion. Gives them two options. Thanks

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's