Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 20th, 2016, 01:43 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Two-Face (II) (Vote for Initial Playtesting)

What if we went with movement for the Good Side, then added in a clause that allows Two-Face to flip the coin based on when his team takes wounds, with a follow up reorganization of OMs based on that result?

Quote:
COIN FLIP DUALITY
At the start of each round, before placing Order Markers, flip the Two-Face coin. Place the face-up result on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card:
  • If the Good Side is face-up on this card, instead of attacking with Two-Face you may immediately move up to 2 Crime Lord or Criminal Heroes or Criminal Squad you control up to 4 spaces.
  • If the Scarred Side is face-up on this card, instead of taking a turn with Two-Face, you may take a turn with up to two Crime Lord or Criminal Heroes or Criminal Squads you control. Two-Face may be one of the figures.
Anytime a figure you control receives one or more wounds, you may flip the Two-Face coin then immediately rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control.
From here, there's 2 potential adjustments that could be considered.

1.We could ditch the "at the start of each round" and have the coin flip take place at the start of the game, and then all subsequent flips are triggered off of wounds taken by him or his team only.
[the theme of this being that Two-Face's decision making and emotions are more triggered by the events of the game rather than set intervals]

2.We could also trigger the flip off of when wounds are dealt by him or his team as well, so it's a mercy vs. no mercy situation. Delivering/Taking wounds makes him potentially have to rethink things, thus another morality battle and flipping the coin.

With the Order Markers being readjusted after the flip each time, it should offer both the chaotic appeal of the character swaying how he operates, while still delivering a sense of control and reliability to the player.

Thoughts?
Old September 20th, 2016, 04:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Flipping the coin once to start the game and then each time he/his team takes wounds could be pretty interesting in terms of game strategy for your opponent. Do I attack and possibly trigger a coin flip or attack someone else who won't trigger the coin flip.

I think you should suspend the vote if you are still toying with the coin flip results. What effect it has will change how the unit is played and it's final cost. You have already run some early tests and stated you were not satisfied with it's current 'good' side results. That is essentially a failed Initial PT.
Old September 20th, 2016, 05:08 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

That's fine, I'll restart the vote with those changes, because I believe in those changes improving the design.

Quote:
COIN FLIP DUALITY
At the start of the game, before placing Order Markers, flip the Two-Face coin. Place the face-up result on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card:
  • If the Good Side is face-up on this card, instead of attacking with Two-Face you may immediately move up to 2 Crime Lord or Criminal Heroes or Criminal Squad you control up to 4 spaces.
  • If the Scarred Side is face-up on this card, instead of taking a turn with Two-Face, you may take a turn with up to two Crime Lord or Criminal Heroes or Criminal Squads you control. Two-Face may be one of the figures.
After each turn, if a figure you control received or caused one or more wounds, you must flip the Two-Face coin then place the face-up result on this card and immediately rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control.
Old September 20th, 2016, 05:17 PM

Updated SP with new mechanics and wording on Coin Flip special. Please review.

Last edited by Arkham; September 21st, 2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old September 20th, 2016, 05:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Flipping every time anyone deals a W might get a bit annoying as you could be flipping the coin multiple times per OM reveal with multi-attackers, bonded units, and squads. How about we limit the coin flip to only when a Crime Lord receives or takes a wound?
Old September 20th, 2016, 07:12 PM

It's only triggering after each turn, so multi-attackers etc. shouldn't be an issue. I feel it should be kept open as the synergy benefits the coin offers only relates to Crime Lord/Criminal Hero/Criminal Squad anyways, so there's little reason not to be teamed up with those classes.

The wounds caused during a turn by or to your army is enough to warrant the flip, as Two-Face is struggling between mercy or no mercy. So I feel this works out well.

The benefits are both good, for different reasons, and the flip is always followed up by being able to re-organize unrevealed markers so you're never stuck taking turns with Two-Face if the situation isn't suited for it. So the unreliability is prevented quite a bit with this version, but the flip will be happening much more throughout the game which leads to an overall more interesting experience. The flip is also caused directly by both team's actions, which in itself is more exciting.
Old September 20th, 2016, 08:08 PM
C3G Landlord

I just think it takes away from the tactic decisions that could arise for the opponent if you are flipping the coin no matter who you attack. I'm okay to see what some testing shows though.

yea
Old September 20th, 2016, 09:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I just think it takes away from the tactic decisions that could arise for the opponent if you are flipping the coin no matter who you attack. I'm okay to see what some testing shows though.

yea
I tend to agree with you here but like you I'm willing to see...

YEA

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 21st, 2016, 09:58 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

First off, I'm not a big fan of the coin flip mechanic, but I know I'm in the minority so I won't make a fuss.

Second, the latest one version allows for you to flip way too many times personally, having to flip up to 6 times a round (assuming it's at the end of a player's turn not a figure's turn, which just wouldn't work anyhow), is going to be crazy; plus having to rearrange OM each time will just slow down the game. Also don't think the OM rearrangement is going to have the affect you want, it will be too easy to just move them off and right back on with how often is flipping the coin.

I would prefer if the coin flip was toned down to maybe each time you reveal an OM with "if you dealt or received damage" trigger, and drop the OM rearrangement all together.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old September 21st, 2016, 10:13 AM

I can see we're going to have a clash of preferences, so I'd rather just stick with what the design had initially, so I'd prefer to just keep it at the start of the round if that's the case.

Perhaps throw in the movement in place of the OM management that was originally there, and put the OM management as an always active bonus.
Old September 21st, 2016, 11:09 AM

Any other suggestions/thoughts on how to pursue?
Old September 21st, 2016, 11:16 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I was for whatever I voted Yea for to start.

You may want to take a day and run it through your mind a few times. I know I have flip flopped on designs a ton of times and pushing forward when you are still unsure of direction can lead to regrets.

I really like the Coin-Flip mechanic. We just need to find a way to use it that is most appealing and most sound.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library