Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old December 28th, 2009, 05:26 PM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker
LMB's Custom Terrain

I've been making custom terrain for a while (some pieces are more successful than others ), so I thought it was time to finally post a few
of them.

Just a pile of debris glued to 4 hexes but it adds a fun sci-fi/post apocalypse feel.

I have several of these that all look a little different. I think they are for a game that is 1:285 scale and are supposed to be huge, but they look good with HS too.

This is a ruined outpost (from JR Minitures, IIRC). I added a dark wash, some dry brushing and glued it to some hexes. Then added a little flocking to make the seam between the resin and hexes not so noticable. It takes up about the same space as a 24 hex piece.

More of the outpost

More outpost

I traced around a glyph with a white paint marker to add the hexes to the floor. The "6" on the wall is a reminder of the height, but hopefully doesn't detract too much from the piece.

Some Marro custom pieces based on Leif Kicker's tutorial. I think they turned out ok for a first effort, but I learned a lot making them so future Marro customs are bound to be better.
Old December 28th, 2009, 05:31 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: LMB's Custom Terrain

Good job!
I really like your basing with the flocking.
You did a fine job on the Marro terrain as well.
Old December 28th, 2009, 06:23 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Stuff looks great. Versatile too--you can use all those pieces without being forced to structure an entire map around them. Very nice work, LMB.

~Spite
Old December 28th, 2009, 06:33 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

These are extremely nice. Any idea what 'pile of debris' that is in the first pic? I'd like to pick up a few.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old December 29th, 2009, 01:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Good work! Throw some HS figures in a few of the pics next time though. I'd like to see how they look in action.
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the props guys
Old December 29th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Relnvar Woo who?

Very cool LMB! I love all of it, especially the ruined Vydar outpost.
Also, does this piece have a Lego piece on it (on the top, slightly left of the center)? It's bugging me because it looks a lot like one of these!
Old December 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Melwing17: I'm sorry, I don't recall the brand. I picked it up at a FLAGS where I get my AT-43 stuff and while I normally keep header cards for reference this one seems to have gotten away. IIRC it was about $5-6 though. I'll check next time I go down there and get back to you.

Relnvar: It's a solid piece of resin, but I think the part you're referring to is too small to have been a Lego.

Leif Kicker: Thanks for the tutorial! I would encourage everyone to give sculpting a try. I'm going to try my hand at a Hive Brain or Marro bridge next.

Yodaking: Ask and you shall receive...

Communication with the jungle research outpost was lost, so a team of Microcorp Agents was dispatched to investigate and retrieve the Object of Power artifact....

Little did they know what awaited them...

or what other secrets the island held...

Old December 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post
Communication with the jungle research outpost was lost, so a team of Microcorp Agents was dispatched to investigate and retrieve the Object of Power artifact....

When terrain "speaks" a story you know it is good terrain. I can see the scenario unfold even in the little you have posted.
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:

When terrain "speaks" a story you know it is good terrain. I can see the scenario unfold even in the little you have posted.
Thanks, LC. I've enjoyed your customs as well.

I've been playing around in VirtualScape trying to come up with some interesting terrain features in addition to these customs and we'll be playing a scenario similar to what I described this coming weekend.

We actually played some on the map in the pics last weekend, but it was sort of the scenario in reverse (agents trying to hold the outpost against the zombies) and it was great fun. Zombies could start in any of 8 start zones, but Microcorps, Nikitas, Shahen and X17 managed to hold off the Zombie apocalypse but probably only because Little LMB kept forgetting horde movement. X17 was a real superstar, managing to hold 2 choke points so Skahen and Microcorps could pick off zombies. Without X17 I think humanity would have been lost.

My plan for the weekend is that if the agents get the artifact glyph, then the Aquilla reinforcements will appear on the beach to keep the agents from boarding the boats and leaving the island. Keep your fingers crossed for the humans! Who knows what evil will be unleashed on the world if they don't succeed.
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker

I'm glad this turned out good for you. I remember you posting the quiry qbout putting the hexes on your ruin...I must say: Well done...

Looks like a fun setup too...

thumbs up
Old February 14th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

lego!!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles