Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 13th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

How do players interact with each other in Wasteland Express?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 13th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
How do players interact with each other in Wasteland Express?
While there isn't direct interaction sure h as from attacking each other, there are some thingsyou can do to affect other players.

As I mentioned previously, whenever you buy or sell something, the token for the goods for sale or goods in demand gets replaced with another random for sale or in demand token. You can see what other players are carrying on their truck, so you can have opportunities to sell stuff at a place an opponent wanted to and hopefully there would be a different good in demand there.

Also, the prices aren't static. When you sell stuff, the price can change if the new in demand token is different. The cost to buy goods could be 1 or up to 4 perhaps. So you can buy something cheap and it gets replaced with a more expensive version of that good or a different good altogether.

Your truck has only so much paylpad capacity. You start out with 6 spaces, but only 2 cargo spaces, one for food/water only and one for weapons only. You can buy more cargo containers and even add a trailer. But you can see what others have and where they may want to go.

Also, for more direct action, there are 3 raider trucks on the board and each has its own color sticker, red, blue and green. These carry goods and you can try to raid them for those goods. But these trucks only occupy the center circle of each hex tile, with the tile being divided into some smaller sections that players move through. Many of these smaller sections have a colored icon that marches one of the raider trucks. If you end your move on one of those sections, you can move the corresponding raider truck one tile over and it will attack other player vehicles on that hex tile. So that's a way to mess with other player. They may still do good against the attack, but maybe not and they take damage. You can also send one of those raider trucks to a tile that you know a player needs to land on, so of they do go there they will have to battle the raider.

Ultimately Q, it's a Euro style game with some neat theme. You can buy machine guns or missile launchers, or armor or radiation shields (so you can move through the toxic tile without having to roll for possible damage. A shield will absorb 2 damage of any type if you have one, otherwise damage takes away one of your cargo holds.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; August 13th, 2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old August 13th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's my favorite theme but as you've probably gathered, I like messing with other players pretty directly. Thanks, Hahma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 13th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah Q, I kind of figured that you want to do direct confrontation with the other players.

Though if you like post apocalyptic stuff, there are a couple Fallout games coming out in the near future.

Fallout: Wasteland Warfare will be a tabletop minis skirmish game. My buddy Jeff is going to be buying a lot of this stuff.

Then there is the Fallout board game by Fantasy Flight Games. I get the impression it is similar to Runebound, though I haven't played that.

This Is Not A Test has been out for a little bit and I've heard good things about it.

Old August 14th, 2017, 06:14 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
@keglo

Wasteland Express Delivery Service is cool. It's not too complicated yet there are a lot of tough choices to make. There are a ton of tokens, but the inserts really do a good job of keeping things organized. The only bit of fiddliness is in adjusting the market prices. The price for selling the goods (food, water and weapons) fluctuates based on how many of each token is in a city on the board. Every time you buy something from a city, that goods token is replaced with another random selling token. That doesn't change the market, but when you sell a good at a city that has that good's demand token, you replace that demand token with another random one and if it's a different good, you reduce the selling price of the previous good by one and raise the selling price of the new good by one. It's pretty easy once you get playing, as it becomes second nature.

As for why The 7th Continent isn't going retail? I don't know. But that was announced during the kickstarter I believe. Seems like an awesome co-op game.
Thank you Hahma. I'll likely be adding this one to my never-ending, always-expanding, wish list.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 14th, 2017, 04:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Played a game of rum and bones second tide the other day. Its the second time we have got out the Iron inquisition faction and im convinced they are a bit power creeped. It was still pretty fun but that faction is pretty powerful. Also played a game of ninja turtles shadows of the past. I played it three times before but its been some time and I had to reference the rulebook quite a bit. At that moment I realized how horrendous the rulebook is in how un uaer friendly it is. It still turned out ok though.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 15th, 2017, 07:57 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Saturday got in 2 games of Terraforming Mars and a game of Blood Bowl.

T.Mars was a big hit with multiple people buying it from just watching us play. Really good game although the components, IMO, are substandard for the cost of the game. Cards and player mats are thin. The resource cubes at first glance look really nice, but after 2 games the metallic coating was already showing wear. Still, really fun game that it seems will have good replay value due to the big stack of research cards and asymmetrical starting companies.

In Blood Bowl, my Skaven again proved their skill, this time against Dwarves.

Trying to find time to get Doctor Who Exterminate to the table.
Old August 16th, 2017, 11:19 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The new Star Trek Ascendancy Expansions for the Cardassians and Ferengi have just shown up at my FLGS here in NYC, after an entire year's delay! I'll be playing with them and the original factions in a 5 player game for the first time this Saturday, August 19. PM me if you're in a frenzy to drop by and play them. After a year's delay, I don't think I'll have any trouble filling up the player slots, but its first come first served, with two slots open right now! The third expansion, The Borg, is now due in September (previewing at the current Gen Con right now).

I'll be home Scaping today with the NYCG4, and going to pick them up tomorrow. And I'll be looking to play them again soon!

(Edit)

Have 4, possibly 5 for STA already!

My August Game Parade and Update continues:

Tricorne American Revolution by Richard Borg has started shipping.

Emperor's Choice is in the mail via UPS from the Boardgamegeek Store.

Iki should be only two days behind it, also from the BGG Store.

Big Trouble In Little China is Preordered for November (my very first Preorder).

Rising Sun is due from Kickstarter in May.

Just had our monthly NYCG4 Heroscape Game Day here with a custom scenario by Tablewalker (2 Free For Alls and a Team Game). See our thread in General Discussion soon for details! Kolakoski and Sherman Davies then played two quick games of Onitama, which I had first tried a few days ago at another pal's house. Each won once.

Last edited by chas; August 17th, 2017 at 04:16 AM.
Old August 19th, 2017, 06:12 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I now have the Star Trek Ascendancy expansions. I have posted much information about them on the bgg forums for the two specific expansions. We'll be playing today on my new black cloth (outer space background), which I got for $6 in a local fabric store--the official one only takes up to 4 players and is much smaller.

I also received Emperor's Choice, (see my thread Games On Chinese Subjects), prepared it for play, and got some card sleeves for it. All Hail the First Emperor, Qin Shi Huang Di!
Old August 20th, 2017, 04:58 AM

Played my first game with the new Star Trek Ascendancy expansions. I had a last minute cancellation, so it was a 4 Player. I won the random die roll and picked The Ferengi. After others chose factions, it was the Romulans who were not taken. We battled it out from 12:45 until 8:00 PM with a half hour meal break. We hadn't played for a while, and so had to relearn the game, and stop for brief rules discussions. The others had played STA at least once. All had a great, and much anticipated, time. Normally they estimate an hour per player, although we take longer.

Three of the players were in contention at the end. I managed to pull out the victory, including defending a last minute assault on my Home Planet! Whew. I have posted a session report on boardgamegeek on the Ferengi Expansion Forum in 3 parts.

Players at Gen Con demos right now are sending back more information on the Borg Expansion, which is being played (but not sold) there. Hopefully it will be in regular release in a month or so.

New resin Space Stations are being sold/given away at the Con for the Cardassians and Ferengi. Those for the former of course are identical to DS9.

Last edited by chas; August 20th, 2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old August 21st, 2017, 09:28 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played 3-player Spirit Island this weekend. Really strong co-op, that I think would be hard to alpha because there is so much going on. Lots of variability with different invaders/settlers and other add-ins. Really interesting fear mechanic which is also very thematic. We had a great time playing it and multiple people wanted to buy it after watching it played.
Old August 21st, 2017, 09:35 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Played 3-player Spirit Island this weekend. Really strong co-op, that I think would be hard to alpha because there is so much going on. Lots of variability with different invaders/settlers and other add-ins. Really interesting fear mechanic which is also very thematic. We had a great time playing it and multiple people wanted to buy it after watching it played.
That seems like an interesting game. I'm sure one or two people in my game group will be getting Spirit Island.

On another note, it looks like I'll be getting into Star Wars Legion

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...r-wars-legion/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games