Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 21st, 2019, 06:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I finished my 4th model of the Wayfarer faction for The Drowned Earth miniatures game. This is Kalhana and when he's not shooting the crap out of the enemy, he's stabbing them with his punch-tusks.

He's kind of a rough and tumble sort to begin with, with several body piercings. The more he shoots during his activation, the better chance he has to hit.

It's too cold to spray varnish with Dullcote, so I brushed on a couple coats of Army Painter Anti-shine. I may hit it once with Dullcote when the weather gets warmer. He looks a little washed out by the lighting. This is a really neat sculpt.

Group picture of 4 of 6 Wayfarers done so far.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 21st, 2019, 02:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I love that model @Hahma . Thats looking pretty cool. I had taken a bunch of pics of my last couple games of walking dead over the weekend. The highlight of my last one was having my sandra shooting walkers from a catwalk while my negan in gory clothing went around getting objectives occassionaly having to bust a skull with his bat lucille. The pinacle was when I had him throw a molotov cocktail and hit walkers and right after a car alarm went off and lit up a good 10 walkers that flocked to it. Then had made them charge after my brother in laws glenn with a herd event card the next round. The 150pt 3 way game went to time and my bro in law steve won beating me by 2 supply drops. It was pretty fun. I now have painted up:
6 cars and trucks, 2 ambulances, a tank, 5 sets of catwalks with stairs/ladders, about 20 various barricades, various little signs, 2 houses, a cabin, a barn, and some ranch fences. Im making some modular road pieces to set on my grassy playmat because it looks a little funny without roads. I am also going to make some cool chainlink pieces along with some prison looking terrain. Making a couple of partial house ruins with upper stories would be fun as well. Loads of fun. Im loving the game. I may try out some single player scenarios soon enough.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 21st, 2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pics! Fences was something I toyed with for awhile. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Cool figure Hahma. Are those his own tusks that he made a weapon into? Pretty sick regardless.

Last edited by Tornado; January 21st, 2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old January 21st, 2019, 04:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I love that model @Hahma . Thats looking pretty cool. I had taken a bunch of pics of my last couple games of walking dead over the weekend. The highlight of my last one was having my sandra shooting walkers from a catwalk while my negan in gory clothing went around getting objectives occassionaly having to bust a skull with his bat lucille. The pinacle was when I had him throw a molotov cocktail and hit walkers and right after a car alarm went off and lit up a good 10 walkers that flocked to it. Then had made them charge after my brother in laws glenn with a herd event card the next round. The 150pt 3 way game went to time and my bro in law steve won beating me by 2 supply drops. It was pretty fun. I now have painted up:
6 cars and trucks, 2 ambulances, a tank, 5 sets of catwalks with stairs/ladders, about 20 various barricades, various little signs, 2 houses, a cabin, a barn, and some ranch fences. Im making some modular road pieces to set on my grassy playmat because it looks a little funny without roads. I am also going to make some cool chainlink pieces along with some prison looking terrain. Making a couple of partial house ruins with upper stories would be fun as well. Loads of fun. Im loving the game. I may try out some single player scenarios soon enough.
Nice to hear that you got to play TWD Trex. I have to get a game of that in soon, it's been too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Pics! Fences was something I toyed with for awhile. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Cool figure Hahma. Our those his own tusks that he made a weapon into? Pretty sick regardless.
Yeah Tornado, those are his tusks he made unto a weapon. He's a badass. He has 6 health, which is the most of any I have. The Berengi (Gorillas ) have 5, and most others have 4, with Lliana the little purple Wayfarer having only 3.

Kalhana has the berserk ability that some characters have, where his move is increased by 1 inch when he's wounded, and is +1 to his melee stat and damage in close combat when wounded.

He also has a base marksmanship of 5 (on the lower end, as they range from 5 to 7), which is what you need to roll equal or less than on a d10 to hit. But he gets a +1 to marksmanship for each previous shoot action he took during his activation. Other than leaders, characters only start out with 2 activations each round, but the leader (starts with 3), can use a Command ability to try to transfer activation tokens from one model to another. So if Kalhana uses both actions to shoot, he will start with a marksmanship of 5, but his 2nd shoot action it will be at 6. If his leader transferred some activation tokens ti him, he can get his marksmanship up higher on a 3rd or 4th shot. Makes sense with an automatic weapon like his.

Old January 21st, 2019, 06:51 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:

Cool figure Hahma. Are those his own tusks that he made a weapon into? Pretty sick regardless.
Better than pics. The video Im using to make mine and some taller ones for my prison.

Edit: and if you arent using for wargaming but are for scape, they could be sized shorter for a 2 hex tile.

Old January 21st, 2019, 06:58 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice!
Old January 21st, 2019, 07:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

That's a great video @TREX . Thanks for sharing.

Old January 21st, 2019, 11:11 PM
"like" happy

You bet guys. Wyloch does incredible stuff. Has tons of cool terrain tutorials using easy to use materials. @japes , and @Hahma , here is something I found for your gaslands.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3141315Its what I'd use if I was playing that game. I'm fixing my printer right now with some new parts then I'm off again.

Old January 22nd, 2019, 06:37 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks Trex. My nephew has a 3D printer now and after he gets settled into his new apartment in Chicago, maybe I'll have him print some of that stuff. He offered to print some things for me, so I may take him up on it.

Old January 22nd, 2019, 07:39 AM

What broke on your printer TREX?
My friend has ruined a few nozzles when the spool ran out.
Old January 22nd, 2019, 09:32 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
What broke on your printer TREX?
My friend has ruined a few nozzles when the spool ran out.
Ive went through a few bed stickers, nozzles that were clogged beyond repair, and a couple of hot ends that got the teflon tube melted to some filament and couldn't be used. I also replaced a thermistor. I went ahead and bought an extra 5 more bed stickers, 2 extra hot ends, and an extra thermistor when I ordered stuff. My machine was printing great last night until my roll bound up from being rolled onto the spool poorly. It ruined my two coke machines, but my trash piles and my dumpster survived for walking dead.

Old January 22nd, 2019, 01:29 PM

Cool. Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures