Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 24th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Question What is the best way to store cards, figs, etc?

I recently bought a Sir Gilbert set off eBay. When it arrived, I was struck by how impeccable its condition was.

I realized, I've been taking crappy care in storing my collection. ever since i started 'scaping in 3rd or 4th grade, I've kept all my stuff in one cardboard box, consolidating all my tiles into one stack, putting a rubber band around my cards, and basically just pouring everything else in. Recently, I started putting all my figs, dice, glyphs, markers and such into a gallon-size bag and putting that in the box.

Do y'all have any tricks for storing army cards, figures, markers, tiles, and the like? (if possible, relatively space-efficient, although I'll take good condition over space any day) I'd appreciate suggestions.
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:45 PM

meanpie is surprisingly tart
Re: What is the best way to store cards, figs, etc?

I have all my figures sorted and stored in those small rectangular fishing tackle boxes so I can always find the figures I want. Everything else is in those tall plastic office drawers you can get at Walmart for a few dollars. The small pieces such as order markers, battlements, water tiles, wound markers, ect are in either small ziplock bags or plastic containers.

Heroscape 4 Life
Old April 25th, 2013, 01:20 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In the future use the search function. There has already been many threads dedicated to this topic.

What's the best way to store your 'scape stuff?
How do you store your terrain?
How do you store your 'Scape?
Not to mention this post
Old April 25th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I have shelves that are just lined with figures in the room I play in. I also have a dividing storage container for different types of terrain.

I find standing all of the figures up is good for protection.
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
In the future use the search function. There has already been many threads dedicated to this topic.

What's the best way to store your 'scape stuff?
How do you store your terrain?
How do you store your 'Scape?
Not to mention this post
My bad.
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:31 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

I have them all organized by general and the cards go in a custom chest my friend made from scratch...

PM me about any custom scenery
Old April 25th, 2013, 04:37 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wish I had one of those!!!
I just display all of my stuff on a large desk...

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old April 25th, 2013, 04:58 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
I wish I had one of those!!!
I just display all of my stuff on a large desk...

I wanted one for a long time. So I designed it at my office then had the guys in our shop build it. I shouldn't be allowed near tools...lol. I always get hurt. I have to give the credit to them for the awesome build.

Old April 25th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, just wow!!

That is a sweet display!!

How long did it take them to build it and how much did it cost in materials??

Wonder if I could get my wife to build me one ...hmmmm...
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
I have them all organized by general and the cards go in a custom chest my friend made from scratch...

I am in awe, dude.

That's raw af.
Old April 25th, 2013, 09:42 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

Man that is awesome. I have a freestanding cabinet that I keep all of my figures and terrain in. The terrain goes in plastic tubs on the bottom shelves and the figures go on the top shelves. The 24 hex tiles are just stacked on the bottom shelves.
Old April 26th, 2013, 12:59 AM

Did a quick design in my 3D program in about 30 minutes. Build took several weeks as there was laminate, plexi, MDF, ply and other stuff involved. If I was a client, it would be about $1,200. The thing weighs a freaking ton. I had to take it home collapsed in sections and reassemble it in the basement..lol

I'll have to upload the table I built and the killer card shelves and cup holders my buddy made for it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion