Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I started watching A Series of Unfortunate Events out of curiosity as I never read any of the books, but I soon grew bored with it and didn't even finish the first episode before deciding I'd rather be watching something else. I agree that Neil Patrick Harris was the best part of what I saw of it though.

Ended up moving over to the Netflix original Travelers. About half way through the season now and while I wouldn't describe it as must watch TV it has been entertaining and engaging enough for me to keep watching another episode.

Also wanted to mention the Netflix original show the OA. Watched it a few weeks back and became really interested in the premise through the first 7? episodes, but then the last episode took such a bad turn that it ruined everything that came before it. They should have just stayed on the path they were on, it was much more interesting and would have had me hooked for seasons to come.
Old February 5th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I really liked the Series of Unfortunate Events books, one of my favorites as a kid. The Netflix show is pretty decent for what it is. I don't think a lot of the humor translates that well to the screen. The quirkiness is definitely there in the books, but it's hearing the words come out of a character's mouth that makes it a little more jarring.

I thought NPH was okay. I enjoyed him a lot more when he was Olaf in disguise than when he was just Olaf. The rest of his theater troupe is super fun though, I love how those characters got fleshed out. The kids' acting can be a little weak at times but I think that's to be expected, I didn't think it was that much worse from other shows.

Overall I think it's a fun look back into that great story. I'm excited for the next season.
Old February 5th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Speaking of Netflix, that's my source for The 100. The third season appeared there a few weeks ago and I just finished it last night.

I really, really like that show. The plot of the third season had some soft spots that I think were lacking in the first two, but a couple of the characters are so compelling that it was pretty easy for me to get drawn in again. I'm glad it was renewed for a fourth.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 5th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Speaking of Netflix, that's my source for The 100. The third season appeared there a few weeks ago and I just finished it last night.

I really, really like that show. The plot of the third season had some soft spots that I think were lacking in the first two, but a couple of the characters are so compelling that it was pretty easy for me to get drawn in again. I'm glad it was renewed for a fourth.
I've skipped on it because I was underwhelmed by the book. I'll have to give it a try.
Old February 5th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don't know anything about the book but the character of Clarke is one of the most compelling female leads I've ever seen on tv. Strong and feminine without a hint of ingenue or mock masculinity. I have little interest in dystopian fiction in general but I love this show.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 8th, 2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old February 8th, 2017, 07:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Dad_Scaper . Me and my wife have enjoyed the 100 as well and are caught up with what is available on netflix. A series of unfortunate events is decent and we watched it but only because everything else we'd been watching hasn't got any new episodes.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 8th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh, good! I've wondered with that show whether it's a guilty pleasure or something that I am supposed to announce with pride. Well, I'm encouraged now to be proud.

= =
Old February 9th, 2017, 11:20 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Finished the latest season of Always Sunny added to Netflix. Overall another solid season. Being Frank will be a new classic episode.
Old February 9th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Luke Cage and Drunk History

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:48 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

So, since The 100 I've been casting around for something interesting. I'd read that Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was good, so I gave it a shot.

This show is unlike anything else on television. It's a comedy with awkward, cringe-y moments. If that type of thing appeals to you, then have a look at episode 1 on Netflix. It's difficult to describe beyond that, without unreasonably throwing expectations all over the place. It is an unusual show.

I'm also watching Santa Clarita Diet with my son. It's clever. It's a tricky show to get right, because it is (I think? At least partly?) a satire of shows like Modern Family, which are themselves satire. But it's working for us so far, 4 or 5 episodes in.

= =
Old February 12th, 2017, 01:16 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Hah weird, I was a huge fan of the Series of Unfortunate events book, and thought the show was absolutely perfect. I simply can't wait for more. NPH nailed Olaf, too. And I love the character of Lenomy Snicket, his dry humor was the cherry on top.
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Finished Luke Cage. Good but my least favorite so far as Marvel Netflix goes.
I felt like it fizzled at the end.
Looking forward to Iron Fist, Punisher and Defenders.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV