Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 27th, 2019, 02:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ravage - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
which feels appropriate for a wolf (dog? coyote?) robot.
Cat Robot. His original toy is supposed to be a jaguar specifically. Hence his super creative Japanese name... Jaguar. Also sometimes known as Black Panther Man.
For real? I would not have guessed that at all. I guess looking again the limbs are kind of cat-like...
Old May 27th, 2019, 02:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Okay, I'll leave it as is then.

I Propose Ravage for Initial Playtesting

YK - yea
T - yea
Ronin - yea
Johnny - yea
Scape - yea

Last edited by Yodaking; May 29th, 2019 at 02:22 PM.
Old May 27th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ravage - Vote Initial PT

Yea
Old May 27th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

yea
Old May 27th, 2019, 03:49 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
which feels appropriate for a wolf (dog? coyote?) robot.
Cat Robot. His original toy is supposed to be a jaguar specifically. Hence his super creative Japanese name... Jaguar. Also sometimes known as Black Panther Man.
For real? I would not have guessed that at all. I guess looking again the limbs are kind of cat-like...
For real for real (not joking about that Black Panther Man thing either). Ravage has always been a cat, but lots of people think he's a dog, so you're not alone there. I think part of the confusion is because he tends to be drawn with a longer face than normal for a cat, which comes from how the original toy looks due to having to turn into a flat rectangle.

For the curious, you can see Ravage at a several levels of catness on his wiki page (and sub pages).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:42 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Pounce Attack is really similar in name to Cheetah's Pounce 1 power. I'd either reuse it without the Stealth Leap clause or find a radically different name.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Happy to change the name.
Old May 29th, 2019, 01:11 AM
C3G Landlord

Changed the name to Pouncing Assault for now. Still open to better name ideas but it can work as a place holder for now. Going to call this vote on time tomorrow if it doens't get up to 5.
Old May 29th, 2019, 07:00 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old May 29th, 2019, 12:26 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Yea to testing now.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 29th, 2019, 02:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks guys. This officially passes. I'm going to knock out some 1 on 1 hero tests for him today and see if he is coming in under Laserbeak or not.
Old May 29th, 2019, 08:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Re: The Book of Ravage - Initial PT

Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Ravage)
Hero Tests
- Does it pass, Yes or No? A little disappointed to see Ravage not be able to climb up a 3 hex high plane body, seems like he should be able to jump up their pretty easily, so a climb or leap power would be nice. Defense of 5 seems pretty solid, but I think he needs it to combat the higher attack Transformers. The 3 attack is pretty weak on it’s own, either taking LEA or pairing him up with someone who can let him disengage will be a must in the team tests.
- What should be the unit's point value?I’m okay with him being cheaper at 120, or giving him a climb/leap power and/or disengage power then running the team tests at 130.
- Give a brief overview. I ran some one on ones vs. figures with some light synergy (Insane, Assassin, Agent, & Lawmen) to account for Ravage’s light synergy with Soundwave, then a direct comparison to the one completed tape in Laserbeak. He felt pretty evenly matched against the two 120 point figures, splitting with both of them. Mocking Bird felt like she had more going on than he did though and he was an underdog, he also lost both games to her. He then lost both games to Jonah Hex as well, although Hex was swinging that sabre of his with amazing effectiveness. I called off the 140 point test vs. Laserbeak at that point, with flying & a ranged attack, plus the auto-wound power, Ravage will need to get lucky with the APR in order to have any chance at all.
Map: Island Plane Crash
Spoiler Alert!

*card updated with an ‘ignore figures height when climbing’ power before these tests*
Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? Starting to think 110 might also be feasible here for him after a pretty big blow out, if he doesn’t score a big hit with the APR and/or the initial Pounce attack he’s unlikely to give you much.
- Give a brief preview. Storm brings the Rain to free up Ravage and Laserbeak and let them do their thing, Jubilee gives her someone to bond with when it’s her turn. A little Outlaw team here for them to deal with. Bane is strong melee figure while Red Hood can do some damage at range. Storm will be Catman’s Prey.
Units: Ravage @120, Laserbeak, Storm, Jubilee (540) vs. Catman, Bane, Redhood (540)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Outlaws won initiative in the first 3 rounds and were pretty efficient in this one. Bane boosting Catman puts down Ravage in just 2 attacks, then Bane moves over and breaks Jubilee’s back after just one att. That was just on R3T1, OM1 was lost on Ravage, then Red Hood takes out Storm with his guns on R3T2, OM2 was lost as a result. R4, Laserbeak wins initiative and scores 1 wound with Observe, then Red Hood shoots him up and he falls while trying to return fire with a normal att.
- Does it pass, Yes or No? IDK, he’s feeling pretty weak after the two team tests. I’m wondering if Devestating Pounce SA might not be a better option here since he’s going down pretty quickly anyway, the self W issue isn’t a big deal as he’s not getting to attack very many times anyway so may as well roll 6 att. dice once and get the SA immunities.
- What should be the unit's point value? He’s feeling more like 100 points or less after this one. WW at 100 points is giving you more for your money. Zabu at 130 is a better points investment for sure.
- Give a brief preview. Since this is a Jungle Map I thought it would be fun to have Ka-Zar and Zabu run around with the robot panther, Weather Wizard tags along to give Ravage disengage again. Kraven is on the Hunt for Ka-Zar, while the classic duo of Batman and Robin are looking for Weather Wizard and his new pet cat. Ka-Zar prey is Batman though, should be fun!
Units: Ravage @120, Ka-Zar, Zabu, Weather Wizard (520) vs. Batman I, Robin (Tim), Kraven (520)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: I didn’t account for how fast Kar-Za moves across a Jungle Map with no OM reveals and had put OM3 on him. As a result he ended up in the thick of things right away and Kraven Boloed and Nerve Punched him to take him out before he could reveal OM3 in R1. This pretty much doomed his team. They keep fighting though and Zabu pounces on Robin to take him down, WW fires off a couple of Lightning Bolts at Batman, taking 1W in the process but also inflicting 2W. Then Kraven KO’s Ravage in just 2 att. from HG. Zabu wins initiative and Pounces on Batman, rolls 4 skulls but only inflicts 1W when 2 were needed, killing himself. Batman then hits WW, who fires off a Lightening Bolt at Batman and kills himself as well.

Final Thoughts: While I wanted him to be on the cheaper side so he could be more affordable to draft, I still wanted him to be effective and he wasn’t here in either one of the two team tests. Once he was facing figures at higher point levels he dropped pretty quickly, so your window for him to do something for you is pretty small. Thinking about bumping up the defense by 1, and changing the Pouncing Assault effect to something else, maybe a defense subtraction or auto-wounding power instead of an auto-skull? IDK, I really didn’t want to do some kind of bonding here and force you to draft Soundwave with him every time but both Robin and Zabu have full bonding at 120 & 130 points and it’s easier to get some value out of them as a result.

Additional Testing:

***Increased base attack and defense by 1 each and ran the previous test again***
Army Test 3
- Does it pass, Yes or No? He’s getting closer.
- What should be the unit's point value? He had a pretty strong showing in this one, both on offense and on defense so I’m going make another tweak and run another test.
- Give a brief preview. Redo test here. I’ll use what I learned in the last one and not have Kar-Zar & Zabu move up right away using the free move when Batman takes a turn. Instead I’m just going to lead out with Ravage & WW and focus the OM’s on Ravage to see how well he plays with a disengage ally where he’s the OM focus. Batman is Kar-Zar’s prey while Kar-Zar is Kraven’s prey.
Units: Ravage @120, Ka-Zar, Zabu, Weather Wizard (520) vs. Batman I, Robin (Tim), Kraven (520)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Well I got my win here and for a while I was thinking it was going to be a blow out, but then Kar-Zar fell really quickly to Batman at the end and it looks a little closer. Ravage had a really strong showing after the first round, WW letting him disengage and use his missiles or go after a better target had a lot to do with that, as did Kraven’s terrible defense dice rolls in this one. Kraven also failed on something like 6 bolo rolls so he just flat out didn’t have a good performance here. Still, thinking maybe the defense of 6 felt a little too strong now as Ravage just kept on rolling shields to block attacks. Maybe drop defense back down to 5 but bump life up to 5 for the next one. The base attack of 4 felt good here though.

***Left attack up at 4 in this next test, but dropped the def. back down to 5 and gave him 1 more life instead to see it that is the better way to increase his staying power a bit. ***
Army Test 4
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes, this game felt the most competitive out of the 4 team matches so I think I’m just going to leave him alone now.
- What should be the unit's point value? This ended up being an improbable win for Laserbeak, before that it was looking like a pretty solid loss again and Ravage wasn’t able to do much even though he had many opportunities. As such I’m thinking I’ll send him out for Public testing at 110, if Soundwave makes him better then the extra cost should be on Soundwave’s card.
- Give a brief preview. Rerunning the first team test. I’ll leave Laserbeak in the SZ until the opponent’s team gets down to 2 figures, then bring him out to hunt for #ed OM’s. I’ll send Ravage out first on his own, then bring up Storm and Jubilee to try and free him from being engaged and hopefully draw the Outlaws attention away from him. Storm is Catman’s Prey again.
Units: Ravage @120, Laserbeak, Storm, Jubilee (540) vs. Catman, Bane, Redhood (540)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: This looked like it was going to be a solid Outlaw win until Laserbeak pulled off a crazy comeback and took down all three of the (wounded) Outlaws to secure a win. Ravage rolled some pretty poor attack dice in this one, even with Storm giving him multiple opportunities thanks to her Rain. Some good defensive rolls kept this one from spiraling out of control for the Decipticon team.

Last edited by Yodaking; June 1st, 2019 at 04:59 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library