Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Chameleon

The Book of Chameleon

C3G MARVEL WAVE 10
TERRIFYING TEAM-UPS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix Chameleon figure from the Web of Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #019 / Chameleon.

Character Bio - Dmitri Smerdyakov was the illegitimate son of the patriarch of the Russian Kravinoff family and a servant. His only friend growing up was Joe Cord, an American boy who once saved his life while his half-brother Sergei, the legitimate heir, and his father treated him with contempt and brutality. This scarred Dmitri so deeply that he repressed his very identity and came to believe he had been friends with Sergei instead. His loss of self led him to become a master of disguise and a Soviet spy. Initially without super-powers, the Chameleon relied on his skills and a mixture of costumes and make-up to conceal his identity. He wore a multi-pocket disguise vest in which he kept the materials he would need to mask himself at short notice.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Would Cameleon be affected by powers that do not specifically target him or choose his figure?
  • A: Yes. Any power or attack that does not specifically target him could affect him. This includes Mr. Fantastic's Rubber Wrap or Firestar's Microwave Beam Special Attack.
  • Q: Would Chameleon be considered a friendly figure to an opponent if he chooses to Impersonate a figure from that opponents army?
  • A: No, he is still an enemy figure. This means that if Chameleon is adjacent to an opponent's figure, that figure cannot attack Chameleon (due to the power of Impersonate) nor could that figure use a ranged attack to attack another figure. Furthermore if that figure leaves engagement from Chameleon, that figure would receive a Leaving Engagement Attack and possibly activate Chameleon's Special Power of Framed!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:13 PM. Reason: png
Old May 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Chameleon - Designing

NAME = CHAMELEON
SECRET IDENTITY = DMITRI KRAVINOFF

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SPY
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 100

IMPERSONATE
Before placing Order Markers for each round, choose an opponent’s medium Unique Hero on the battlefield to be Chameleon’s Impersonated Hero. While the Impersonated Hero is on the battlefield, Chameleon cannot be attacked by, targeted or chosen for special powers by, or take any leaving engagement attacks from any figure in the Impersonated Hero’s army except for the Impersonated Hero.

FRAMED!
If Chameleon inflicts one or more wounds on any figure in the Impersonated Hero's army other than the Impersonated Hero, immediately remove all Order Markers from the Impersonated Hero's Army Card.

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 28th, 2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dig the power set! I do think the wording on Framed! is a little bit tough to parse with the trigger for the power being the last thing that comes up.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:52 PM

Thanks

I originally had it flipped and it was hard to reference the two groups of chosen hero, and all other figures in the chosen hero's army.

Open to suggestions here for wording.
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:57 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I mean I definitely see why you did it the way you did, but I do hope there's a work around. I'll stew on it a bit, but I'm not sure I have any suggestions right now.

FRAMED!
If Chameleon inflicts one or more wounds on any opponent's figure other than the figure chosen for the Master of Disguise special power, immediately remove all Order Markers from the Army Card of the chosen figure.

Maybe?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 21st, 2011, 11:01 PM

There's also the scenario of playing against multiple opponents. If you have a 3 or 4 player game you need to say 'any other figure in the chosen hero's army'.
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:03 PM

Thematically speaking, why wouldn't the framed figure still get screwed over if he were framed for an attack against a third party?

Old May 21st, 2011, 11:18 PM

The concept behind the power was that the hero was thought to be attacking his own teammates and then is punished for doing so. Only he (framed hero) knows that he isn't the one attacking.

Creates a cat and mouse scenario for the game.
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:47 PM

True, but let's put it this way ... you have three players representing three thematic factions. One player represents Spider-man and friends, one represents the Sinister Twelve (including Chameleon), and one represents the Police with a bunch of SWAT guys and Beat Cops. If Chameleon poses as Spider-Man and kills a SWAT guy, that's still going to be a bad day for Spidey, know what I mean?

Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:08 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I agree with Bats and thought the power read wacky as it is in the OP. Bats' reword is an improvement IMO.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:03 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Last edited by Griffin; May 22nd, 2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:24 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, I mean I definitely see why you did it the way you did, but I do hope there's a work around. I'll stew on it a bit, but I'm not sure I have any suggestions right now.

FRAMED!
If Chameleon inflicts one or more wounds on any opponent's figure other than the figure chosen for the Master of Disguise special power, immediately remove all Order Markers from the Army Card of the chosen figure.

Maybe?

MASTER OF DISGUISE
At the beginning of the game choose an opponent's small or medium Unique Hero to be Chameleon's Impostor. While the Impostor is in play, Chameleon cannot be attacked, targeted or chosen for any special power, and he will not take any leaving engagement attacks by any other figure in the Impostor's army.

FRAMED!
Immediately remove all Order Markers from the Impostor's Army Card, if Chameleon inflicts one or more wounds on any other figure in the Impostor's army.

I took some text from Luthor I and Martian Manhunter's card, some text from Bat's suggestion, and applied the idea of giving the "chosen hero" the title of "Impostor" so that it would be easily referenced.

I agree with the theme that Good Pig was talking about, and I agree with Bat's theme reasoning as well. However, I have to side with GP's theme reasoning because removing Order Marker's from a card is very powerful, and can also lead to NO FUN if too much of it occurs. So making it too easy to pull off by just killing an opponent's Moloid is NOT something that the Impostor's Player could even attempt to avoid or counter in a multi-player game, especially if the Impostor is the last figure in his army.

For theme purposes, sure, Bats' suggestion is cool, but overall for multi-player games, I would have to Death No that for the cause of complete frustration and easy exploitation, which leads to pissed off players and no fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library