Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old August 8th, 2020, 06:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 3 until 8/9

Map: Desperado

superfrog: Axentia, Zetacron, Honor Guard x4
Ericth74: Max, Tandros, Stingers x4

I started off with Axentia. First turn she took two wounds from Stingers after flying out to the center of the map. Then she flew to engage a couple and whiffed on Immolation but was able to kill one with a normal attack. Stingers got another couple of wounds on her to put her down to 2 life. At that point she took 1 LEA (miss) for a triple engagement where she burned another stinger and was blocked by Tandros on a normal attack. OM3 Eric got 3 attacks of 4 but did no wounds.

I won initiative and took my one turn with Axentia, getting a self immolation wound, killing another stinger, and getting a normal attack on Tandros for 4 wounds. Eric then cleared out his stingers and took down Axentia with two attacks, and she missed both Phoenix Rising rolls.

From there I had the game pretty well in hand as the Honor Guard got the best of the remaining Stingers. Max was doing okay but I took one more turn with Axentia, left engagement, and got a normal attack on Max for 3 wounds to kill him.

Immolation: 1/4 on self, 2/7 on opponents
Phoenix Rising: 0/2
Normal attacks: 1 stinger killed, 4 wounds Tandros, 3 wounds Max
Total: 3 stingers, 4w Tandros, 3w Max (210 points)

I like having the roll on Phoenix Rising but I prefer 1 space at this point. Axentia "should have" died on the last turn of round 1 and probably would not have gotten more order markers round 2 to put that big hit on Tandros. Overall a slightly lucky game as far as normal attacks go.
Old August 9th, 2020, 10:38 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 3 until 8/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Scape View Post
Point Total: 500 Points
Map: Desperado
Glyphs: Yngvild, Ulaniva

Sir Heroscape Army: Knights of Weston x3, Axentia, Thorgrim, Eldgrim
Knight of Scape Army: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors

Note, we played with the new changes to Axentia.

This game was mostly just another demonstration that Marro Warriors are amazing, particularly when they are boosted by an attack glyph. Sir Heroscape's defense dice were just not cooperating, and over the course of the game I rolled almost twice as many shields as him, despite rolling fewer total defense dice.

I led out with Children and Agga in the first two rounds to set up a screen and claim the glyphs, while Sir Heroscape massed his knights on the road. After that I put all of my OMs on Marro Warriors for the next three rounds, and they singlehandedly killed Thorgrim, Eldgrim, all of the knights, and Axentia's first life. I got particularly lucky rolls to repeatedly snipe the knights that Sir Heroscape sent towards the unique attack glyph, even though they were on height and not next to any Children. In general, the children were a pretty useful screen, since any knights trying to cut through them got their defense reduced against the MW.

Axentia managed to do alright, killing a couple of MW, a couple of children, and giving Agga four wounds. By the time she started moving, though, I had lost a total of like 4 children with no wounds on Agga, so the battle was basically over already.

Agga-Zemir attempted Spreading madness three times, once in round 2 to shift an OM from the knights to Thorgrim (which perhaps encouraged Thorgrim to run in and engage Children, which let me shoot him more easily) once in the second to last round to remove an OM from Axentia, and once in the last round where he failed to hit 7, even with a re-roll. Agga never actually moved after the first round, and just sat on a hill screened by Children.

Axentia succeeded on 3/10 immolation rolls, killing a Child and a MW and putting a wound on herself. Phoenix Rising put a wound on Agga and killed a child. It also caused one of my MWs to waste his attack, since Agga was the only figure left and she was going to full heal after this turn. I feel like having 6 life makes her a bit less intimidating to take down twice, so I'm happy with the small tweak. I still think the idea of boosting her with Thorgrim and Eldgrim is interesting, although since I was able to keep her surrounded with Children in the endgame, she was only rolling 2 defense dice.

Overall, I feel like neither of the playtested units were that significant to this matchup.
What he said^

MW's owned this game in a really nicely planned screen with children. I was hoping Knights could pull enough weight to leave Axentia to clean up the rest, but she had a steep hill to climb with almost an entire army to defeat. that said, she still did some solid damage.

Immolation: 3/10 (1w self, 1w MW, 1 child)
Rise: 1w AZ, 1 kill child

Total Points Filled: 140 (Kills: 2 kill MW, 2 Child, 3w AZ)

Overall thoughts: I think 6 life makes sense as a change since it's essentially 12life figure, but I think removing her immolation makes it potentially too complicated and makes her fairly easy to "finish off" after her "first life".

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 10th, 2020, 10:04 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 8/23

Important Round 4 Announcement (some additions on Queen/Goblins since Round 3)

If you and your opponent BOTH have 2 losses, please play your Round games with the following changes:
Spoiler Alert!

Additionally, if you do not have 2 losses but you and your opponent agree to use these changes before either of you drafts armies, please feel free.

Round 4 is on Wyrmwalk (Treasure x4)

The Captain Stupendous (3-0) v. infectedsloth (3-0) pool of armies is:
* Ranjit's Rowdy Crew: Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga Agents, Arktos, Varkanaan Swiftfangs, Zettian Guards, Isamu
* A Painful Exspearience: 12th Cacusus Rifles x3, Cathar Spearmen x2, Motley Max, Guilty McCreech
* : Knights of Weston x3, Sir Gilbert, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Makwa Tribesman x1
* : Red Ants of Aunstrom x5, Amberhive Queen, Axentia
Captain Stupendous chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, infectedsloth chooses who places first.

The Knight of Scape (3-0) v. flameslayer93 (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Rainbow Alliance: Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Siiv, Isamu
* Makwa Hunting Party: Teeth of the Makwa x5, Makwa Tribesman x1, Raelin (RotV), Kira Jax
* Shadows of Brimstone: Children of the Dark Star x3, Agga-Zemir, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Guilty McCreech
* Go Goblin, Go!: Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x4, Raelin (RotV)
flameslayer93 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Knight of Scape chooses who places first.

The dok (2-1) v. Kinseth (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Majaratpodge: deathreavers x3, Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Rygarn, Marro Warriors
* A Burning Sensation: Xualtiaca Fire Ants x5, Axentia, Siiv
* : goblin slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Heirloom
* : Buccaneers of Tortuga x4, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Tribesman x2
dok chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Kinseth chooses who places first.

The Scaperedude (2-1) v. AgentWard (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Motley Bunch: Marro Stingers x3, Nakita Agents, Motley Max, Izumi Samurai
* The Frying Pan: Warforged Soldiers x4, Axentia
* The Outsiders Strike Back: Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Eldgrim
* Agressive Negotiation: deathknights of Valkrill x2, Ranjit Singh, Boreos, Krav Maga Agents, Marcu Esenwein
Scaperedude chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, AgentWard chooses who places first.

The Cuzmo_of_Gilead (2-1) v. lefton4ya (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Nilfheim to the Max: Greenscale Warriors x3, Nilfheim, Motley Max
* Marcus Rising: Roman Legionnaires x3, Axentia, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Marcu Esenwein
* Hunting Party: Mohican River Tribe x4, Mawka Tribesman x1, Himmelskralle, Raelin (RotV)
* Pesky Swarm: Amberhive Protectors x2, Red Ants of Aunstrom x3, Amberhive Queen, Zetacron, Raelin (SotM)
Cuzmo_of_Gilead chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, lefton4ya chooses who places first.

The BodaciousBlood (2-1) v. vegietarian18 (2-1) pool of armies is:
* That's a spikey cactus!: Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Motley Max, Marro Warriors
* Soulborg & Indians: Teeth of the Makwa x3, Mohican River Tribe x2, Zetacron, Makwa Tribesman x1, Brave Arrow
* Two Rs Make A Unique Squad Based Army: Ranjit Singh, Rygarn, B-11 Resistance Fighters, Izumi Samurai, Marro Warriors, Tarn Viking Warriors
* Kaemon Raelin Bugs: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Kaemon Awa, Raelin (RotV)
vegietarian18 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, BodaciousBlood chooses who places first.

The mtl1998 (2-1) v. Sir Heroscape (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Ranjit's Rangers: Ranjit Singh, B-11 Resistance Corps, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors
* Raelin > Makwa Tribesman x2: Teeth of the Makwa x2, Mohican River Tribe x2, Makwa Tribesman x2, Raelin (RotV), Zetacron
* The Noble and Great Ones: Knights of Weston x3, Axentia, Thorgrim, Eldgrim
* Doomsday: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors
Sir Heroscape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, mtl1998 chooses who places first.

The All Your Pie (2-1) v. Chris Perkins (1-2) pool of armies is:
* Eternal Darknessborne: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu
* Embassy of Pain: deathreavers x3, Ranjit Singh, Himmelskralle, Marro Warriors, Guilty McCreech, Zetacron
* Weakness to Bug Spray: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Ugly Orcs: Horned Skull Brutes x3, Goblin Cutters x3, Bugbear Basher x2, Isamu
All Your Pie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.

The wumpis v. Son of Arathorn pool of armies is:
* I have a feeling someone else chose this army: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Raelin (RotV)
* Stab and burn 'em: 10th Regiment x4, Axentia, Isamu, Bol
* Bugs in Black: Amberhive Protectors x4, Sujoah, Krav Maga Agents, Isamu
* ALIENS: Children of the Dark Star x4, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors, Black Wyrmling x2
wumpis chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Son of Arathorn chooses who places first.

The superfrog v. Tankyteemo pool of armies is:
* Two Kingdoms: Amberhive Protectors x3, Crypt Guardian x2, Amberhive Queen, Warden 816, Drow Chainfighter, Bol
* Feylund's Foes: Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Kaemon Awa, Marcu Esenwein
* Bees?: Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Major Q10
* : Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors
Tankyteemo chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.

The heroscaper2010 v. Heroscaper Guy pool of armies is:
* : Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Cyprien Esenwein
* : Mohican River Tribe x4, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Tribesman x2
* : Children of the Dark Star x4, Agga-Zemir, Airborne Elite
* : Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x4, James Murphy
heroscaper2010 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Heroscaper Guy chooses who places first.

The coachmuskie v. capsocrates pool of armies is:
* Amber Bugs!: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Goblins Galore!: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Urk
* : B-11 Resistance Fighters, Brute Gruts, Axentia, Rygarn, Kursus
* : Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Guilty McCreech
coachmuskie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, capsocrates chooses who places first.

The Ericth74 v. Dompredator77 pool of armies is:
* A to Zeta: Honor Guard of the Blasted Land x4, Axentia, Zetacron
* Chain Gang: Marro Stingers x4, Motley Max, Tandros Kreel
* The new Goblins?: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Rygarn, Koggo
* ENGAGEMENT STRIKERS: Cathar Spearmen x1, Nakita Agents, Greater Ice Elemental x1, Motley Max, Siiv
Dompredator77 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Ericth74 chooses who places first.

The Toogwick_Tuk v. Dysole pool of armies is:
* : Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Motley Max, Arkmer
* : Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga, Theracus, Raelin (RotV), Himmelskralle, Guilty McCreech, Isamu
* Snakes on a Flame: Venoc Vipers x5, Venoc Warlord, Axentia
* Bee Movie: Red Ants of Aunstrom x5, Amberhive Queen, Raelin (RotV), Kaemon Awa
Toogwick_Tuk chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Dysole chooses who places first.
Old August 10th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

BodaciousBlood and I play for the playtest playoff berth Thursday night at 8pm Central. I have his Cathar army, and he has my Ranjit army.

Last edited by vegietarian18; August 11th, 2020 at 10:01 AM.
Old August 13th, 2020, 05:45 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
The All Your Pie (2-1) v. Chris Perkins (1-2) pool of armies is:
* Eternal Darknessborne: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu
* Embassy of Pain: deathreavers x3, Ranjit Singh, Himmelskralle, Marro Warriors, Guilty McCreech, Zetacron
* Weakness to Bug Spray: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Ugly Orcs: Horned Skull Brutes x3, Goblin Cutters x3, Bugbear Basher x2, Isamu
All Your Pie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.
Starting in 15 minutes. AYP army TBD.
Old August 13th, 2020, 05:57 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Whoops, forgot to make my selection. I'm playing my Children/AZ army.

Heading into the game now.
Old August 13th, 2020, 06:40 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Mtl and I scheduled for 5:30Mountain/7:30 Eastern tomorrow night

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 13th, 2020, 07:45 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I got the win v. AYP.

Early going, I moved a rat screen up on the north end and AYP rushed with 4 children while slowly developing Agga in the south. My rat screen held and Zeta + Guilty killed 3 of the 4 children in round 1.

Round 2, AYP switch to Patrick, who moved to the middle to grab a glyph but wasn't in range of attacking anything but rats so didn't attack that round. I advanced my rat screen further and moved Zeta & Guilty further north, finishing the last of the 4 forward children.

Round 3 began 3 rounds of the core game, where AYP was switching OMs back and forth from Agga & the children (2 on each per round). I finished the rat screen I wanted in round 3, with a nice line of rats across the road and hill in the north not letting any children past. Zeta put 1 wound on Agga (not many other wounds in round 3), but then Agga got onto the lava hill in the middle-far-right and started messing with my OMs. Agga moved Himmel -> Rats to deny Ranjit's bonus in round 4 and MWs -> Guilty, who he then killed, in round 5. But before that in round 5 I won init 3-1 and Himmel went off, killing 5 consecutive children (all that AYP had developed in the center of the map). I won init again in round 6, and Himmel put 3 wounds on Agga, who had already taken 2 to lava and died.

AYP lost an OM on Agga there, and my MWs moved up and killed Patrick and the forward-most child. AYP conceded at that point, with 2 children and Isamu left. I had 8 rats left, all MWs, a full life Himmel & a full life Ranjit.

Himmel was a boss, only taking 2 turns but killing 5 children and Agga on those 2 turns. Guilty also did far over his points, killing 5 children throughout the game before Agga crushed him.

This is a good map for Ranjit + Rats; it's pretty easy to block off access to the far north, so the children couldn't get much offense going, and Patrick wasn't enough of a ranged thread to contend with my range, so I was able to camp and have the position I wanted for pretty much the whole game.

Testing Units:
Ranjit's pod held strong. never took a turn on him. did lose a few rounds of "Lion of Punjab" when Agga moved OMs around to deny the bonus. Guilty's output was definitely tied to the extra attack dice this game, probably only kills 2 children instead of 5 without it.

Children:
Moved/Attacked with 4-5 per turn, but could never get around the rat screen so they didn't do much offense. killed just 4 rats the whole game, all when they had a rat surrounded and down to 2 dice.

Agga:
Madness negated several turns of good attacks from me, losing me an OM and rendering one OM on MWs almost useless because they lost attack + 1 and didn't have height. Smashed Guilty & Zeta, and I lost an OM on Guilty as well from that. Took 2/2 lava damage though to get weak enough for Himmel to finish in one good attack. Madness definitely had a huge impact on the game though, and almost all of AYP's offense came from Agga this game. It was difficult for AYP to get Agga into a good spot though with the 4 move and all the height differences and molten lava on this map, so Agga probably got into the fray at least 1 round later than he would have on some different maps where I can't deny him landing spots past my rats as easily.

gg AYP, and fun tourney on the whole. I really like Ranjit, tons of potential especially in higher point games (~ 600 - 650 points seems like the sweet spot).
Old August 14th, 2020, 09:16 PM

SirH: Makwa X2, Teeth X2, River X2, Zeta, Raelin
Mtl: Axentia, Eldgrim, Thorgrim, Knights X3

Survived: Zeta (full), Tribesman X1(full), 2 River, 4 Teeth

Shield 0/3 (lava wounds)
Hunt 0/1
Kills 1 KoW
Points Filled ~17pts

Game Summary:
R1 - Thor stubs his toe on treasure, 1 KoW killed, armies develop, I chain activations with all River, Teeth and Makwa
R2 - I win Init. kill 1 knight, 1w Thor and chain activations with all 3 River, Makwa and Teeth. Lose a River and Teeth, Kill 1 KoW, lose 1 River. Kill 1 KoW, Eldgrim still refuses to die, lose a River, Makwa takes a wound to lava.
R3 - Win Init, Eldrim still defies death though I'm able to kill 2 KoW. Knights don't hit, and Teeth can't seem to kill Eldgrim but do manage to knock off another teeth. Teeth get some amazing protection from their bear and then kill Eldgrim and 2 more KoW. Axentia begins her flight (burning herself).
R4 - win init. Kill 2 KoW (2 left and 2l Thorgrim, Full Axentia), Axentia flies in to start messing around with raelin on a perch, missing all immolations and finishing off one Tribesman. Teeth take height and murder Axentia for the first time and pop off a Knight. Axentia deals 3 wounds to nearby targets and misses her next attack.

Axentia (full), 1 KoW, 2L Thorgrimm vs Zeta (full), Rae (3life), 5 Teeth, 2 River

R5 - lose init, Axentia almost kills Raelin, Teeth half-life Axentia, she tries to fight back (does Kill Rae), but teeth throw their spears really well and get her down to 1life. She survives though to make it another round
R6 - I win init and clean the board.

Overall thoughts: the Mixed army of Teeth and Mohicans was actually quite fun. Being able to Attack, Bond and then develop the army all in 1 OM was pretty awesome. That said, cause you can only fit in 2 squads, it only lasted for the first couple rounds before I just had to switch to Teeth fulltime. The Tribesman with the lower attack never received an OM and just weren't worth the activation when I could get 3 attacks of 3 (4 from height) with my Teeth. They were fun including in with the Mohicans and Teeth all in the same turn, but really didn't do anything. The 1 Tribesman that died, died because I left him on lava for 3 rounds and he never protected himself. Not much to say here. I like them in the mix, but they're definitely more of a support role with the change to 2 Att.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 14th, 2020, 09:43 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Map: Wyrmwalk

mtl1998: Axentia, Eldgrim, Thorgrim, Knights x3
Sir Heroscape: Makwa x2, Teeth x2, Mohicans x2, Zetacron, Raelin

Survived: Zetacron (full), Tribesman x1(full), 2 Mohicans, 4 Teeth

Immolation missed every time aside from the first time on herself. So 1/4, wounding herself once.

Rising hit 3/3, killing a tooth, a mohican, and wounding Raelin.

Sir Heroscape chose my army including the Makwa Tribesmen. I counter-picked his knight army. I had heard good things from past battle reports about Axentia and I know knights are strong. I felt like I had an advantage going into the game.

Sir Heroscape opened with Raelin and Mohicans while I rolled out my knights. Raelin backed engaged Mohicans are pretty strong. I had a hard time killing them while they had a hard time killing my knights, but were also bonding with the tribesmen who then activated the teeth of the makwa. It was very cool to have that 3-card activation happen. The natives pulled off that entire chain about 4 times during the game. The knights started out trading evenly with the mohicans and the first couple teeth, but it didn't last long. An Eldgrim boosted Axe had a big task ahead and didn't manage much. Immolation ended up dealing one wound to Axe and that's it, as far as I recall. Pheonix Rising did deal 3 wounds however. That felt nice even though I was very outnumbered. Axe killed Raelin, and a couple of teeth before dying a second time.

Axentia:
6 life feels fine to me. This was my first game at all playtesting the unit. I can see how 7 life would feel like too much to chew through. I expected Axentia to do very well but it turns out she doesn't do well against ranged squads. It was difficult to set up good immolation rolls and not give up multiple places to be attacked from height.

I like the role of 7+ on Rising. I don't mind it having a range of two either. I was overall underwhelmed with Axe, but I'd imagine she feels much stronger against melee squads.

Tribesmen:
This game never provided an opportunity for the tribesmen to get an OM, and I expect that to be the case as long as they have 2 attack. In this army they still saw several activations though and in turn activated the teeth of the makwa. I really like how they tie the two native squads together. It feels very thematic. The scouts go first then they let their leader know and then the deadliest of the bunch get into position.

I think it's okay that their offense is not the best considering you get a 3 life (with shield of the bear) ranged bonding option for 40 points. After the game, Sir Heroscape and I were talking and we came to the conclusion that you really only need one tribesman to tie the two squads together. They'll never see an OM, but they don't need them to accomplish their goal in that army.
Old August 15th, 2020, 03:04 AM

wumpis is surprisingly tart

Son of Arathon and I have our game scheduled for this Saturday 12 pm pacific time.
Old August 15th, 2020, 03:55 AM

AgentWard is surprisingly tart

Hello there

Here my last two reports (with a lot of delay )
I let them together because it's interessant to play the same match-up but from the two differents sides

Round 2 summary
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3 Summary
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Axentia: I liked him (her?) during the 2 games, he is strong and scare me to send to much unit against. 14 lifes first seems too much but when playing him or against you saw that go really fast. That goes as fast that in these 2 games I didn't find Immolation really impactfull.
Immolation is a really thematic power which seems rarely worth but I think in few match-up against low-attack melee squad (deathravers) it would be more important
Resurection is his big power which can be totally game changer, losing Immolation is a problem only in few match up but coming back to full life and the automatics wounds is always huge. In my first game he killed 3 Childrens and deal 1 w to AggaZemir before doing a 6-dices attack. This is when the balance go on my side I think.

Agga-Zemir: I'm more sceptic for him.
First the figure is nice.
He is hard to place cause of his 4-moves and wings like a lot of huge figure but is 2-moves power completly negate all problem of moving. I played Eldgrimm for him but I didn't use 5 moves cause he already was able to reach battle. You just need to game with other unit.
Spreading Madness: I'm really split on this power. On the first hand I find it really balanced: it is only one by round and the OM is still on a card, it could be useless if you reach the X, it could be a good change for the opponent, it could be useless against 1-card army. On the other hand I see The Varja, Spiders, Dünd, Mastermind Flyer thing which have a stronger impact on OM control, especialy the Varja which is far better against squad than Agga-Zemir.
Moreover that SM is bad against squad army, after that power Agga-Zemir suffer from the comparaison with the other Outsider: Z'Thoth. Z'Thoth is really good and versatible, he is able to kill 3-figure a round. During my 2nd game I only place one OM on AZ to use his Spreading Madness and after it was only for Z'Thoth. In the first game, the same Z'thoth were a lot more impactfull and scaredme more than Agga-Zemir.

I hope my English is understandable and if you have question on what I wanted to mean or to develop don't hesitate to ask me.

AgentWard

Hello from the France.

If you speak french (and even if you don't), don't be shy and come say hello here:
French forum

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting