Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 9th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

Splicing would be a Beast thing really. I had some ideas for Sublime, but they're rough at best.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 10th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are ??? / ???.
NAME = GRENDEL
SECRET IDENTITY = HUNTER ROSE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220?

MASTER MANIPULATOR
After revealing an Order Marker on Grendel's card, instead of taking that turn with Grendel, you may take a turn with any Unique Hero you control within clear sight of Grendel.

MASTER ASSASSIN
Grendel can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with his normal attack, Grendel never receives wounds from any special powers on the defending figure's Army Card.

VILLAINOUS ENTRAPMENT
Grendel and all Criminal figures you control within clear line of sight of Grendel each roll one additional die against each figure leaving an engagement with them.
-------------
Bio - Eddie was a young boy born into an ordinary American family, who quickly found that he excelled at everything he did. Already weary of life's "challenges" at the age of 14, Eddie was supremely bored when he met an English woman, 20 years his senior, named Jocasta Rose. The two had a whirlwind affair, ending when she died of a terminal disease a few short years later.

Eddie, reinvigorated, began leading a double life. By day, he was Hunter Rose, socialite and best-selling novelist. By night, he was known as Grendel. At first, Grendel was merely an assassin for hire, albeit a very good one. But as Hunter grew bolder and more powerful, Grendel became the undisputed lord of all crime in New York, and then all along the East Coast.

Hunter took delight in the danger of his lifestyle, in out-foxing the police, and particularly in thwarting his nemesis, the man-wolf known as Argent. Eventually, an act of sentimentality proved to be his undoing, and Grendel was driven into a final confrontation with Argent. Hunter Rose was slain, but his legacy of evil as Grendel lived on.
-------------

Another design in a pretty short span, but this one's going direct to the "no mini" pile; Grendel was a criminal exclusion from Heroclix's Indy line. I really recommend checking out Devil by the Deed.
Old April 10th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You just got immensely cooler.
Love me some Grendel and I have wanted to post a design for a long time but had no idea how to go about it. Nice work.
Expect my full support if this one goes to a public vote.
His look is fairly generic so I imagine there has to be good custom options.

Is this the original Grendel? There have been multiple Grendels correct?

If you post a Faust design next you may be elevated to Fonzie cool status.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 10th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Master Assassin is decent pod insurance! Only helps against powers that could wound you (Jocasta, Bizarro), not wound reduction and redirection, but, still, nice.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 10th, 2016, 01:56 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Woah, Grendel/Bats crossover?
Batman just got way cooler.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 10th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are ??? / ???.
NAME = GRENDEL
SECRET IDENTITY = HUNTER ROSE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220?

MASTER MANIPULATOR
After revealing an Order Marker on Grendel's card, instead of taking that turn with Grendel, you may take a turn with any Unique Hero you control within clear sight of Grendel.

MASTER ASSASSIN
Grendel can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with his normal attack, Grendel never receives wounds from any special powers on the defending figure's Army Card.

VILLAINOUS ENTRAPMENT
Grendel and all Criminal figures you control within clear line of sight of Grendel each roll one additional die against each figure leaving an engagement with them.
-------------
Bio - Eddie was a young boy born into an ordinary American family, who quickly found that he excelled at everything he did. Already weary of life's "challenges" at the age of 14, Eddie was supremely bored when he met an English woman, 20 years his senior, named Jocasta Rose. The two had a whirlwind affair, ending when she died of a terminal disease a few short years later.

Eddie, reinvigorated, began leading a double life. By day, he was Hunter Rose, socialite and best-selling novelist. By night, he was known as Grendel. At first, Grendel was merely an assassin for hire, albeit a very good one. But as Hunter grew bolder and more powerful, Grendel became the undisputed lord of all crime in New York, and then all along the East Coast.

Hunter took delight in the danger of his lifestyle, in out-foxing the police, and particularly in thwarting his nemesis, the man-wolf known as Argent. Eventually, an act of sentimentality proved to be his undoing, and Grendel was driven into a final confrontation with Argent. Hunter Rose was slain, but his legacy of evil as Grendel lived on.
-------------

Another design in a pretty short span, but this one's going direct to the "no mini" pile; Grendel was a criminal exclusion from Heroclix's Indy line. I really recommend checking out Devil by the Deed.
Looking at him, you could probably do something fairly simple with Baron Helmut Zemo for a figure.
Looks like a pretty cool design, though I think it would be good to see something a bit more unique somewhere, either a different mastermind power instead of Master Manipulator or a bit more punch to Master Assassin (or both). Looking at his bio, I'm also wondering if it's worth letting Master Assassin allow him to pull a Solovar, but maybe that's just me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 10th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You just got immensely cooler.
Love me some Grendel and I have wanted to post a design for a long time but had no idea how to go about it. Nice work.
Expect my full support if this one goes to a public vote.
His look is fairly generic so I imagine there has to be good custom options.
Thanks! I was looking into custom options before and I did find that somebody had made this from a Black Mask 'clix. It's using the Tux look rather than the all-black suit, but I'm fine with that. The guy who made it says that getting the fork right was very tricky, though.

Quote:
Is this the original Grendel? There have been multiple Grendels correct?
Yup, this is the original! I haven't read the other Grendels' stories, so I wouldn't tackle them yet.

Quote:
If you post a Faust design next you may be elevated to Fonzie cool status.
Not sure who Faust is in this context, so I guess I'll have to settle for sub-Fonzie status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Master Assassin is decent pod insurance! Only helps against powers that could wound you (Jocasta, Bizarro), not wound reduction and redirection, but, still, nice.
Yeah, it really helps with a lot of defensive powers. Thought it would be a fun way of letting him hang with Counter Strikers and MMA types without giving him those powers, and I think it plays into the assassination theme pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Woah, Grendel/Bats crossover?
Batman just got way cooler.
I haven't read that crossover, but I've heard really good things. It's written and illustrated by Matt Wagner, Grendel's creator.
Old April 10th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Looking at him, you could probably do something fairly simple with Baron Helmut Zemo for a figure.
Looks like a pretty cool design, though I think it would be good to see something a bit more unique somewhere, either a different mastermind power instead of Master Manipulator or a bit more punch to Master Assassin (or both). Looking at his bio, I'm also wondering if it's worth letting Master Assassin allow him to pull a Solovar, but maybe that's just me.
Zemo wouldn't be a bad idea for a base.

I understand the impulse to want to make him flashier, but I like him streamlined. Master Assassin's good as-is, and I don't like dual-classing unless really necessary. I did toy with the idea of shaking Master Manipulator up a little, but I never found any variation I liked as much as the classic take on the power. If you've got ideas on that front, I'm willing to hear em, though.
Old April 10th, 2016, 03:29 PM

Faust

- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 11th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Symbiotic

Huh. Never heard of him, but I'll keep an eye out for his book in the future!

Also, wow, 15 issues over the span of 25 years? I've read some comics I thought were slow to come out, but that takes the cake.
Old April 11th, 2016, 08:45 AM

Yeah, a strange one(which completely fits my reading choices).

It is very graphic, as in adult content. So be warned, it is not for young eyes, surprised they sold it to me in hindsight as I was 16 at the time.

They made a movie but I heard it is absolutely terrible.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 25th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Symbiotic

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fear Itself set.
Its model number and name are #006 / Red She-Hulk.

NAME = RED SHE-HULK
SECRET IDENTITY = BETTY ROSS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = DEFENDER
PERSONALITY = RECKLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

HOT-TEMPERED HEALING
At the end of the round, if Red She-Hulk is unengaged, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or lower, Red She-Hulk must immediately use her Super Leap. Red She-Hulk must end her Super Leap engaged, if possible. If you roll 11 or higher, remove a Wound Marker from this card.

HULK OUT 3
Add 1 to Red She-Hulk's Attack and Defense numbers for each Wound Marker on this card, to a maximum of 3. If there are more than 3 Wound Markers on this card, Red She-Hulk adds 2 to her Super Leap movement.

SUPER LEAP 8
Instead of her normal move, Red She-Hulk may Super Leap. Super Leap has a move of 8. When counting spaces for Red She-Hulk's Super Leap movement, ignore elevations. Red She-Hulk may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Red She-Hulk may not leap more than 40 levels up or down in a single leap. If Red She-Hulk is engaged when she starts to leap, she will take any leaving engagement attacks. Red She-Hulk rolls 3 fewer attack dice on any turn that she chooses to Super Leap.

SUPER STRENGTH

Bio - Along with her father and Rick Jones, Betty Ross was given gamma powers by the Intelligencia as part of a plan to take down both the Hulk and Earth's super-geniuses. After working for the Intelligencia for a time, Betty broke free of their influence and set out on her own. As Red She-Hulk, Betty has been a Defender, a member of the Ancient Order of the Shield, and a freelance butt-kicker.

EDIT: Replaced normal movement in Hot-Tempered Healing with Super Leap movement

Last edited by Ronin; April 25th, 2016 at 09:59 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy