Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 18th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nebula (Initial Playtest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Tough crowd.

I'm fine with running another 2 games with the changes, but I need everyone to be on the same page before doing that, because this feels like a design where most have very specific desires.

I like the most current direction suggested, and if its the lack of Cybernetic Repair X that's bothering you, we could just make it a 4 power card. 2 of the powers are vetted, 2 are new, and all 4 are rather simple and straight forward enough to not be confusing/overwhelming. Her design space certainly isn't bloated.
Spoiler Alert!

Or, just combine the effects I'm looking for with Surgical Strike:

Spoiler Alert!
I'm liking these.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 18th, 2018, 05:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't believe I have an issue here either way...while I'm usually the guy that would say leave them separated into their individual powers...these seem to fit together. Though I could see if they are kept separate that the second power could be reused for another take charge/vengeful type figure.

~not a comment meant For nebula but just to be clear in general..

For the record, I prefer fewer powers in general but not at the expense of combining them just to get to a specific number...I generally mean fewer components when I sauntered powers...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 18th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd be okay with the four-power card there. Theme might come through a bit more clearly if the ???? power if it had some 'must' aspect rather than just a 'may', but you'd need to add some extra language at that point and it would start to get a bit longer and not as lean as a four-power card should be.
Old February 18th, 2018, 06:24 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

i Would be careful about must, as that could really put a major drawback to the design if she starts taking all the turns out of the player’s control. Depends on how it was done I suppose.
Old February 19th, 2018, 01:53 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Alright, I’ve given the design some thought and I actually like the “must” approach to the OM power. This sells the theme perfectly, but I lessened the drawback by making it trigger on when she receives 2 or more wounds rather than 1(coincides with the 2 wound trigger in her first power), and require it to be 1 OM, giving the player at least some leeway. This will actually combo well with what I have planned for Mantis’ Empathy OM removal protection.

I named it something more generic for reuse, but went with a name that captures what’s happening.

This gives us:

Quote:
NAME = NEBULA
SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = UNYIELDING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ~230

THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Army Card you control and only taking a turn with that card, if an opponent's figure was attacked and did not receive two or more wounds, immediately take a turn with Nebula. During this turn, Nebula can only attack figures that were previously targeted for an attack and did not receive two or more wounds during your player turn. After using this special power, you may not take a turn with any other figures.

SURGICAL STRIKE
If Nebula inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent figure with her normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.

REFRACTORY REVENGE
After an opponent takes a turn, if Nebula received two or more wounds or, an Army Card you control had all of its figures destroyed, move an unrevealed Order Marker on an Army Card in your army onto this card.

CYBERNETIC REPAIR X
At the end of the round, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Cybernetic Repair X special power.
I can run a couple more games Monday night if people are on board with this direction.

Last edited by Arkham; February 19th, 2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:54 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Initial thought after reading that power is that it could end up being a negative power in a way you may not have considered. Deadpool hits her for 2W's, she takes an unrevealed OM from her ally, Deadpool uses his second attack on Nebula and deals another 2W's, you take another OM from an ally, Jubilee bonds with Deadpool and finishes Nebula off, you now lost 2 OMs this round.

I could also see myself just opting to not start the round with the X on her card as a result. Then if she takes 2+ W's you can move the X to her card where she now needs it too heal. If she dies, you only lose the X, while still potentially bonding with her allies. At that point, does it really sell the theme anymore?
Old February 19th, 2018, 03:11 AM

Sells the theme just fine to me. Each time she gets hit for a degree of damage, or one of her allies is taken out, she gets more angered and starts taking things into her own hands rather than waiting for others to get things done. As for the X, makes sense that she’s want to take it from someone else if she needs to stay alive, once again showing that selfish nature. She gets blinded by her own stubbornness. Now, to prevent the multi-attack leading to several OMs getting pulled, a simple wording fix is to have it trigger after an opponent’s turn instead. I updated the post to reflect that.

This Is How it’s Done = Nebula’s competitive nature
Surgical Strike = Her training and lack of mercy
Refractory Revenge = Her stubbornness, attitude, and selfishness
Cybernetic Healing X = Her self repair

That’s everything about this version of the character neatly represented.
Old February 19th, 2018, 04:53 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Makes sense to me for her to be something of a liability at times.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 19th, 2018, 10:30 AM

I like how all of her powers deal with wounds in one way or another.

-After a figure in your army takes a turn, did they cause at least 2 wounds?
-When Nebula attacks, did she cause at least 1 wound?
-After an opponent takes a turn, did Nebula receive at least 2 wounds or a figure get destroyed?
-At the end of the round, reveal an X to heal a wound.

Also, may as well get the @dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer thoughts on the proposed changes.
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:53 PM

@Yodaking , would you be on board with the power if it's a may power rather than a must power? Is that your only current issue here? Did the revised version only happening after an opponent's turn alleviate the concern?

For clarity:

Must:
Quote:
REFRACTORY REVENGE
After an opponent takes a turn, if Nebula received two or more wounds or, an Army Card you control had all of its figures destroyed, move an unrevealed Order Marker on an Army Card you control onto this card.
May:
Quote:
REFRACTORY REVENGE
When Nebula receives any wounds or, an Army Card you control had all of its figures destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers on any Army Cards you control onto this card.
Personally, I don't have a strong preference either way. I think both can be fun and thematic. The must puts additional emphasis on her selfishness/stubbornness, and the may approach puts more emphasis on her strategic training and "i can handle this myself" selfish aspect. @Ronin @johnny139 Any other thoughts or preference here before I test again with one of these options?
Old February 19th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
@Yodaking , would you be on board with the power if it's a may power rather than a must power? Is that your only current issue here? Did the revised version only happening after an opponent's turn alleviate the concern?

For clarity:

Must:
Quote:
REFRACTORY REVENGE
After an opponent takes a turn, if Nebula received two or more wounds or, an Army Card you control had all of its figures destroyed, move an unrevealed Order Marker on an Army Card you control onto this card.
May:
Quote:
REFRACTORY REVENGE
When Nebula receives any wounds or, an Army Card you control had all of its figures destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers on any Army Cards you control onto this card.
Personally, I don't have a strong preference either way. I think both can be fun and thematic. The must puts additional emphasis on her selfishness/stubbornness, and the may approach puts more emphasis on her strategic training and "i can handle this myself" selfish aspect. @Ronin @johnny139 Any other thoughts or preference here before I test again with one of these options?
Honestly, I have enough concerns about your present 'avoid OM removal' mechanic for Mantis not having much utility in Guardians builds outside counterdraft scenarios - if you want to stick with that, I'd definitely make it a must to make her more useful (and try to see if there are other thematic pairings for her where we can find an OM cost/involuntary moving or removal mechanic). Plus, it does make sense to me for her to be a liability from time to time.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 19th, 2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Honestly, I have enough concerns about your present 'avoid OM removal' mechanic for Mantis not having much utility in Guardians builds outside counterdraft scenarios - if you want to stick with that, I'd definitely make it a must to make her more useful (and try to see if there are other thematic pairings for her where we can find an OM cost/involuntary moving or removal mechanic). Plus, it does make sense to me for her to be a liability from time to time.
I have my doubts that that power will remain as-is when Mantis' design gets going.

I'd just focus on making Nebula the best she can be here. That's why I don't have a strong preference, because I feel both are thematic enough to represent the character correctly, and should play out well enough. If nobody else is strongly against either direction, I'll just choose one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library