Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 27th, 2014, 05:55 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I can send you what Bats had for him if you're interested.
It couldn't hurt. Though, I racked my brain around how the power could/should work in order to have the effects it should, so if there's another way I'd be quite curious if it's better/worse or about the same. I'd just like to see him made down the road, be it from me or not. With how long Public Designs take, and the rule of sitting the next vote out, it'd be a year or two before I ever get a chance to make him. So maybe a Hero is better off with him. But yeah, I'd love to see it.
Old December 27th, 2014, 06:01 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
With the GCW to bond with he should get a few opportunities to put the final wound on someone. 16+ isn't easy to hit but it will happen from time to time. Not sure how often it would happen a second time in the same game, I suppose that would depend on who he takes over. Pretty neat power for the theme though. Healing a Thor/Superman/Hulk type even once would be a pretty significant use of his 2nd power.
Yeah, the idea is that who you take is completely detrimental to his survival. If you are getting minor characters with lower life and survival chance, he likely won't get it a 2nd time before he is destroyed. However, if you manage to get it on a Superman/Thor type of character, or a healer etc., then he could easily get to another body beyond that. That's the fun of it, IMO.

He can disrupt synergies, go for those who have higher chance of survival, go for someone that offers good support/synergy to his own team, or go for a damage dealer in a last hurrah sort of fashion.
Old December 27th, 2014, 06:20 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The transfer conscience thing may be tricky to track. Maybe make it some kind of glyph that can't be lost that carries only that power so that when you transfer to another figure you won't have UH card out there.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 27th, 2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
The transfer conscience thing may be tricky to track. Maybe make it some kind of glyph that can't be lost that carries only that power so that when you transfer to another figure you won't have UH card out there.
I'm a little confused. That's why you have the Consciousness marker that you move from card to card. Once you transfer it to another card, you place U-H on his card because his initial body is now destroyed. You'll only need to recognize which card the marker is on, and refer to U-H's card for how the power works. I'm not sure what a glyph would offer in this scenario that isn't already being offered.
Old December 27th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
This is a character I have wanted to design for quite some time, maybe even one of the first that sparked a desire to design. However, I noticed he was drafted by Bats, so I didn't bother much, but had I been able to think of how to make his power work the way I envisioned, I might have pursued it more. Well, that day has finally come that I figured out a way to make it work.

NAME = ULTRA-HUMANITE
SECRET IDENTITY = ????
SPECIES = SIMIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = GENIUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 230-260?

TRANSFER CONSCIOUSNESS 16
Start the game with a Consciousness marker on this card. This marker may not be removed from any card by any means other than this power. If Ultra-Humanite inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, take control of that figure’s Army Card and remove any Order Marker on that Army Card. Place the Consciousness marker from this card onto that figure's card, immediately destroy Ultra-Humanite and place his figure on this card. Any figure with the Consciousness marker on their card gains this special, and when Transfer Consciousness 16 refers to Ultra-Humanite, it refers to any figure's card the Consciousness marker is on as well, for the entire game.

MEDICAL EXPERTISE
Once per round, after taking a turn with Ultra-Humanite, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card and remove one Wound Marker from this card or the Army Card of a Unique Hero adjacent to Ultra-Humanite.

SUPER STRENGTH
Only 4 attack? Really? Admittedly, I only know him from the Justice League cartoons, so I may be talking out of my arse, but he seemed pretty damn strong - I'd have thought five at least. That said, I love Consciousness Transfer, and Medical Expertise seems really useful - bloody awesome! I'd love to see this guy.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 27th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like that write-up on Ultra-Humanite! I love cool, one power designs, so I'd prefer it without Medical Expertise, but either way's fine.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old December 27th, 2014, 09:58 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
I'm a little confused. That's why you have the Consciousness marker that you move from card to card. Once you transfer it to another card, you place U-H on his card because his initial body is now destroyed. You'll only need to recognize which card the marker is on, and refer to U-H's card for how the power works. I'm not sure what a glyph would offer in this scenario that isn't already being offered.
I was proposing that instead of having a marker, two cards, and the U-H on the table at this point to just cards and a glyph marker. Not a big deal I was just offering it up since referring to another figures card for the power text may be confusing but having a glyph on the card is standard procedure to look at another card...and it eliminates another marker.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 27th, 2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was proposing that instead of having a marker, two cards, and the U-H on the table at this point to just cards and a glyph marker. Not a big deal I was just offering it up since referring to another figures card for the power text may be confusing but having a glyph on the card is standard procedure to look at another card...and it eliminates another marker.
But aren't glyphs meant for actual equipment and such, or things that get placed on the battlefield, whereas markers are designed specifically for cards? Also, wouldn't reading U-H's card be just as easy as reading a glyph card that would say the same thing, except U-H's card would already be out? So really, you're getting 3 cards out instead of 2 if you go the way of the glyph.
Old December 27th, 2014, 10:11 PM

Karat and I have been discussing what the power/design should look like, so I figured I'd open it up to everyone else, see what the general opinion is.

Do you prefer the original:

TRANSFER CONSCIOUSNESS 16
Start the game with a Consciousness marker on this card. This marker may not be removed from any card by any means other than this power. If Ultra-Humanite inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, take control of that figure’s Army Card and remove any Order Marker on that Army Card. Place the Consciousness marker from this card onto that figure's card, immediately destroy Ultra-Humanite and place his figure on this card. Any figure with the Consciousness marker on their card gains this special, and when Transfer Consciousness 16 refers to Ultra-Humanite, it refers to any figure's card the Consciousness marker is on as well, for the entire game.

or raised to 19 with the wounds going towards it:

TRANSFER CONSCIOUSNESS 19
Start the game with a Consciousness marker on this card. This marker may not be removed from any card by any means other than this power. If Ultra-Humanite inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to your roll for each wound caused. If you roll 19 or higher, take control of that figure’s Army Card and remove any Order Marker on that Army Card. Place the Consciousness marker from this card onto that figure's card, immediately destroy Ultra-Humanite and place his figure on this card. Any figure with the Consciousness marker on their card gains this special, and when Transfer Consciousness 19 refers to Ultra-Humanite, it refers to any figure's card the Consciousness marker is on as well, for the entire game.

or without the marker, raised to 19 but with wounds going towards it:

TRANSFER CONSCIOUSNESS 19
If Ultra-Humanite inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each wound caused during this attack. If you roll 19 or higher, take control of, and remove any Order Marker, from that figure’s Army Card. Place Ultra-Humanite onto the figure's Army Card. Any card with Ultra-Humanite placed on it by this power, that figure may use this special. When Transfer Consciousness 19 refers to Ultra-Humanite, it refers to the Army Card Ultra-Humanite is placed on by this special as well.

Karat was hoping to avoid a marker, and just use his figure to represent where his mind is.

Also, which of these powers would you like to see represented on the card, if any, alongside it:

A) MEDICAL EXPERTISE
Once per round, after taking a turn with Ultra-Humanite, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card and remove one Wound Marker from this card or the Army Card of a Unique Hero adjacent to Ultra-Humanite.

B)PROBABILITY MANIPULATION DEVICE
Start the game with the Glyph of Probability Manipulator on this card.

C) MAUL
When rolling attack dice against a small or medium figure without the Super Strength special power, if Ultra-Humanite rolls a skull on every die, the defending figure receives a wound for every skull, and cannot roll any defense dice.

D) No other powers.

Let me know what you guys think, and we'll go from there.
Old December 28th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Personally, I think using his figure as the marker is the most elegant way of working it. I'd also say that a flat 16+ is better than having it boosted by wounds - I can see it not being that useful that way.

While Maul represents him being a big strong ape, there are plenty of other big strong apes out there who don't have it, and this guy's focus is intelligence, not brute force - I'd just up his attack to five to represent his strength, personally.

With the other two powers, I'm torn. I love the idea of someone using the Probability Manipulator, but part of me really wants to see Medical Expertise since in the JL cartoons I've seen him in he was able to treat Lex Luthor's Kryptonite cancer - personally, I'd love to have both, but I know plenty of other people would prefer elegance so, on balance, if I have to pick one, I'd say Medical Expertise. If people are cool with both, though, then that'd be my vote, and if not then I'd love to see some other science-based guy start with a Probability Manipulator.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 28th, 2014, 01:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I pretty much agree with Lazy here. Use the figure as the marker, flat 16+ roll, 2nd power should be the medical one.
Old December 28th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Same except I prefer the Probability Manipulator.
Mostly because I would immediately give the PM to Dredd.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy